Blue Lions at Atlanta July 27 Pre-Game

Discussion in 'NWSL' started by Oddball#34, Jul 26, 2002.

1. Oddball#34

Oddball#34 New Member

Mar 6, 2002
    Apex, NC
    Atlanta

We can clinch a spot in the playoffs with a win tomorrow. Will it happen?? I am hesitant to be too confident

Kara

2. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Atlanta will be at home. They will also be more desperate. We are basically in, and I don't see us taking any uncessary risks regarding our banged up players. I don't see us "playing to lose", but we've pretty much got 2nd place sewn up.

I can see McDermott playing some scrubs to see who she can count on if needed during the playoffs in case someone gets suspended or injured. I can see this happening for the next couple of games, then finishing the season strong with the intended starting 11 for the postseason, just to get everyone on the same page again.

That's my thought. This game is more or less unimportant to us, but it could be life and death for Atlanta. Our result really depends on them. Desperate teams can rise to the challenge, or they can choke it away with reckless challenges and selfish play. The result depends more on Atlanta than us.

3. Oddball#34

Oddball#34 New Member

Mar 6, 2002
    Apex, NC
    so right

Andy,

You put my feelings into words. That was my impression although, I would like to see us win the game and continue the dominance over Atlanta, I also want to go back to Atlanta in August and be yelling for my girls.

Kara

4. Mike Lane

Mike Lane New Member

Jan 3, 2001
    Atlanta
    Gonna be very hot and muggy here... probably about 90 at game time, with very high humidity.

5. Oddball#34

Oddball#34 New Member

Mar 6, 2002
    Apex, NC
    muggy, hot

Mike,

That wouldn't be much different from how our summer here has gone,

K~