Blitzz game, 28 Aug, 3 PM

Discussion in 'Real Salt Lake' started by Blitzz Boy, Aug 23, 2004.

1. Blitzz Boy

Blitzz Boy Member

Apr 4, 2002
    The West Side
    Well, if the local Univision affiliate showed last Friday's game tape delayed; you've had time to watch it by now!

The Blitzz take on the Pittsburgh Riverhounds this Saturday, 3 PM, Rice Eccles Stadium.

And you know what that means...............Tailgate Party!

Yeah!

A lot of people have youth games to go to; or other things going on.

But I've got a cooler & a grill. And I'm not afraid to use them.

Who else can meet at the grassy area near 5th South in the parking lot west of the stadium?

2. blitzzfan

blitzzfan Member

Jul 25, 2000
    St. George, UT
    We are back to afternoon kickoffs for jr's games. Two other non-soccer events are requesting my attention too.

So, I'm about 30-70 for a tailgate and 80-20 for the game.

3. Lizzie Bee

Lizzie Bee Member+

Jul 27, 2004
    Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I bet I can make it, but I'll have to check w/ the old babysitter (husband) to make sure it's okay w/ his schedule. :)

4. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    hubby doesn't come with you? Whats wrong with him?
    :)

5. Blitzz Boy

Blitzz Boy Member

Apr 4, 2002
    The West Side
    Hold the phone here.

In today's Deseret News print version, there was an ad for the Ute football fan fest.

It's at Rice Eccles, 11 AM to 2 PM. Or about the same time that a Blitzz tailgate party would be

Rabble Rabble, is this in the parking lot west of the stadium?

Will we be able to even park in that lot for the Blitzz game?

But on the other hand, this "fan fest" says that they will have free food.....

6. Lizzie Bee

Lizzie Bee Member+

Jul 27, 2004
    Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's easy. Neither of us like to chase our toddler around the stadium... up, down, up, down, up down... Heck, I'm pregnant. I can't take that kind of thing!

So we can either both not go, or one of us can go with friends. He's sweet and let's me go while he chases the toddler around our house instead. What a guy...

7. rabble-rabble

rabble-rabble Member

Jul 26, 2004
    West Jordan, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't really have any details on the Fan Fest at the moment. (But I'll check the package my pointy-ball season tix came in to see if there are details there.) It does indeed to be at Rice-Eccles however. I've seen at least 3 listed times (11AM-2PM, Noon-3PM, and 11AM-5PM) for the event. I would assume we can park in the west parking lot and as people would be likely coming and going for Fan Fest during the morning, I would think if we arrive early for a tail gate, we can manage to find a few parking places and set up on that little strip of lawn area near 5th South where we had the party a few years ago. I don't have a grill that is portable, but can bring a little meat and can bring a few chairs and a portable picnic table.

At the last match, we had an unfortunate exchange with an unhappy fan who didn't care for a drum right behind his head and who vacated his choice third row seat for a quieter area of the stands. The drummers (myself included) had arrived right around kickoff. He had to leave his seat after the areas near the pitch were getting packed and likely wound up a lot further away from the field than he preferred. I'm thinking we might want to get an early start on tailgating so we can get into the stadium a little early (maybe 15-20 minutes early) so we can set up shop. That way people who don't care for the drums can avoid us. Usually if we are there ahead of time and politely warn people who start to sit near us of the impending noise, they are more than happy to find another seat away from us. (As last week's fan suggested, a "SIGN" would have been nice, hopefully we'll have signs like that next year for the supporter section)

If I see anything about the Fan Fest in my tix package at home, I'll let everyone know.

8. YankeeWomble

YankeeWomble New Member

Jun 24, 2004
    Columbus/OH/USA
  9. jasoncox

jasoncox New Member

Jun 28, 2004
    Dallas, TX
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Slc In Mls

True. However, we are also trying to organize the supporters group. Some of the members of the supporters group are also avid supporters of the Blitzz this season. The Blitzz games are a good place to meet and greet supporters both new and old as well as gather additional support for the upcoming MLS season. So I think it's related. :D

10. dysko

dysko New Member

Jul 6, 2004
    Oklahoma
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Too bad the Blitzz aren't A-league. Perhaps there is a PSL forum? But that being said, jasoncox is right.

11. YankeeWomble

YankeeWomble New Member

Jun 24, 2004
    Columbus/OH/USA

I was just messing around and trying to wind you guys up a bit. :D
    I guess you guys didn't get my joke. sorry. it would have been funnier if i actually linked the right forum...DOH! It will only get worse from here on out.;)

Welcome to MLS by the way.

p.s. pray that you guys get a better logo/crest than we did. :D

12. Blitzz Boy

Blitzz Boy Member

Apr 4, 2002
    The West Side
    Rabble Rabble (or anyone), what would be a good time to start? I have my small propane camp grill and a canopy. But I just got the canopy and if it rains, I hope I can figure out how to put it up.

Good old Utah......where tailgate parties are scheduled around a 2-year-old's naptime.

Maybe we can even make up a Drum Section sign during the tailgate party?

13. rabble-rabble

rabble-rabble Member

Jul 26, 2004
    West Jordan, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm thinking maybe start around 1 PM or so. That gives us a bit of time to set up, eat (and drink) and get into the stadium in time to get our seats. I checked out my season tix packaging yesterday which had a sheet about the Fan Fest. It simply said it was at Rice-Eccles from 11AM to 2PM and that you could meet athletes from various teams. I assume that we can meet in the grassy area in the west parking lot. I could possibly suggest a few good alternatives if that parking lot is closed off for the fan fest, but doubt if everyone not familiar with the campus could find us.

14. dysko

dysko New Member

Jul 6, 2004
    Oklahoma
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Part one was quite effective. It seems you got response, no?

Part two, well that shouldn't be to hard to do ;) (although I would be lying if I didn't admit that the Crew was the team I supported/support until 2005).

15. Wade Bills

Wade Bills New Member

Oct 15, 2000
    West Jordan, UT
    Appears that our I-15 project (which has been going on now for about a decade) will have I-15 northbound closed from 7200 to 5300 south all weekend. Looks like you will be able to get on I-215 northbound and follow it up to Foothill Blvd, but everyone will have to leave I-15 and take 215 north or south at that point. Fans driving from the south end of Salt Lake valley and Utah county will want to allow plenty of extra time to get to the match.

16. Blitzz Boy

Blitzz Boy Member

Apr 4, 2002
    The West Side
    This morning, the SL Trib & 700 AM this morning both gave different end times for the Ute Fan fest. One of them said 1, one of them said 2.

17. YankeeWomble

YankeeWomble New Member

Jun 24, 2004
    Columbus/OH/USA

:D

18. Lizzie Bee

Lizzie Bee Member+

Jul 27, 2004
    Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As a sidenote...

Blitzz 1
    Pittsburg 0

19. Czar Pazzo

Czar Pazzo Member

Jul 25, 2003
    The Darjeeling Ltd
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Well the game was fun. I saw Blitzzfan there, but I was too far away to see if there were any loyalists gathered around. In case anyone was near me, I'm the guy whose voice cracked really bad whilst yelling "David Beckham called, he wants his hair back!"

20. Lizzie Bee

Lizzie Bee Member+

Jul 27, 2004
    Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was sitting w/ Blitzzfan and Dysko, among others. We were the ones yelling, "Hey goldilocks/pretty boy, does your boyfriend know you're here?" and "Not bad for a co-ed team. Nice hair nets!" (Mostly thanks to the Brit sitting next to me). I'm the one who yelled, "Don't give away our secret!" when a guy in front of us yelled, "Hey, you're not supposed to shoot the ball DIRECTLY at where the goalkeeper is standing!"

Good times, good times.