News: Blast GM Gianni Tumminello Quits.

Discussion in 'Pro Indoor Soccer' started by cardshopmd, Apr 16, 2023.

1. cardshopmd

cardshopmd Member

Sep 9, 2008
    Baltimore
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am posting what Gianni has stated on his Facebook timeline.

Have a quick story for my friends……Wednesday I quit the Blast
    The little dude on the left played many nights on the field at the Civic Center and loved the Blast. Looked at the players as rock stars and couldn’t get enough of it.
    In 2015 I became gameday director of the Blast, loved it and couldn’t get enough. Got to be a part of 3 championships.
    In 2019, I became GM. It was stressful but I worked hard, made many connections and friends and busted my ass to make the experience for every kid the same experience that I had growing up.
    I almost quit in November over a stupid tantrum that was thrown at me over something that wasn’t Blast related or in my job title. I started to do the “let me get through this month” and reassess my future. In the last two weeks my integrity was being questioned because I was getting tangled in bs that I wanted no part of. I worked hard to be respected by the league, other teams and their staff and made sure that no matter what, when we hosted them they were treated with respect. And I couldn’t get the same respect in my own office.
    I had 5 sellouts this year, averaged over 3,000 a game, finished 3rd in the league in attendance behind two teams with bigger arenas, had over 20 local schools perform before the game, ran a great tournament, sold the most merchandise ever in a season, could get 1,000 campers this summer as the camps have grown yearly under me…..and for some people it wasn’t good enough.
    I was told I work only 9-5….you all know that’s not true. I work hard and give my all and it was evident when you came to a Blast game. I knew going into this what I’d be facing and I finally had enough. I am almost 49 and need to look at myself in the mirror and like what I see and for a long time I haven’t.
    Today I’m home watching the Price Is Right, playing with the dogs and for the first time in a very very long time….I’m happy, I’m relaxed and I can’t wait for my next chapter.
    To all my friends who supported me, to all the new friends I made, to all the ticket holders, sponsors, team moms, coaches and especially every youth player who came to a game or camp….thank you.
    Trust me, I’m good and you’ll see me around [​IMG]

NSL2004 repped this.
  2. NSL2004

NSL2004 Member+

Jul 23, 2002
    Is that three GMs quitting in five years? Seems like a trend.

cardshopmd repped this.
  3. mjames1229

mjames1229 Member

Sep 26, 2006
    West Allis, WI
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The banking business just ain't what it used to be.

cardshopmd repped this.
  4. cardshopmd

cardshopmd Member

Sep 9, 2008
    Baltimore
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ed Hale is no longer in the Banking business. I also believe this has something todo with the Blast having to finish the rest of the season on the road. Since Secu Is booked. They have a week long event called Tiger fest and you wont find parking for miles.