Blanco assault

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by DC Braveheart, Jul 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. greekchampion04

greekchampion04 Member+

Apr 2, 2006
    Richmond, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    thats if hes not stuck in maryland :D

2. Lloyd Heilbrunn

Lloyd Heilbrunn Member+

Feb 11, 2002
    Jupiter, Fl.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If he gets arrested, a lifetime of rep for anyone who gets ahold of and posts the mugshots!:cool:

3. Lowecifer

Lowecifer Member+

Jan 11, 2000
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    [​IMG]

4. Q*bert Jones III

Q*bert Jones III The People's Poet

Feb 12, 2005
    Woodstock, NY
    Club:
    DC United
    [​IMG]

5. radmonkey

radmonkey Member

Oct 27, 2007
    it's not my business...but that's not his argument.

He's not saying that what Blanco did is a-ok. But the statement that "it's the most disgraceful thing ever done by an MLS player", I guess he things what Hristo did was a bit worse. I dunno, that's his right.

Is anyone surprised about Blanco though?

Need I remind you of his blind socc...err...sucker punch, the near riot he started during a Copa Libertadores.

I'm just hoping he got it out of his system and it won't show up in a larger spotlight and have MLS mentioned in the news for all the wrong reasons.

6. Th4119

Th4119 Member

Jul 26, 2001
    Annandale, VA
    I disagree strongly. The only bad thing about tonight was that this game wasn't televised. If a greater audience were able to watch his shenanigans live it would do a number of things. First, it would get him in a lot more trouble faster. The fact that this game was only seen by those in the stadium means it can more easily be swept under the rug if the powers that be wanted to. Also, any attention MLS gets is still good. Like the saying goes, there's no such thing as bad publicity. Getting the league talked about on PTI and SportsCenter and in newspaper columns is critical to the growth of it.

7. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
    Well, if any of the media saw this incident and thought enough of it it report it, it's not up on their website.

Nothing on the Post or even the Times websites and I'm not waiting around all night to see if that changes.

I'll check back in the morning after taking Lil' Sandon to preschool and hopefully will see a nice image of Blanco's mugshot.;)

8. ShannonS

ShannonS New Member

Jul 17, 2007
    Not here
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There were camera crews around the field. Maybe it was just for Access United, but you know when that shit hits Behind the Badge, it's going to get interesting!

PS- It was really weird being sober at a game...Not sure I liked it. :)

9. Q*bert Jones III

Q*bert Jones III The People's Poet

Feb 12, 2005
    Woodstock, NY
    Club:
    DC United
    I think you're putting words in his mouth.

His statements here and here suggest that he's simply being an ass. Which is about what I'd expect from him.

10. JayJay4Pres

JayJay4Pres New Member

May 10, 2003
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You know, I'm not one to argue with trolls(well except in the politics board), but can you please show anything even close to a racial slander in this thread? I mean, Blanco has been called "A no-neck hunchback", A "filthy pos" a "dirty MF", "quasimoto" "dirtbag"...none of those are really racially charged...(but you can call DC fan's prejudice against height...don't get us started on Nick Rimando(still proud, VIVA RIMANDO'S ARMY!) or Richie Williams).

The closest thing I see is a remark about him going home to kill his wife....and that would mean your assuming the poster meant that all mexican's kill their wives, which I highly doubt(heck, many white Americans do!).

Anyways, where are the thread police when you need them?

11. DC Braveheart

DC Braveheart Member

D.C. United
    Scotland
    Jan 2, 2001
    Oak Hill, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    Didn't she just have a baby :)

12. ncguy

ncguy New Member

Jan 28, 2002
    NC
    Obviously this is going to be swept under the carpet.

13. Cweedchop

Cweedchop Member+

Mar 6, 2000
    Ellicott City, Md
    Sports Rise just showed the Thorrington tackle on Moreno (how that wasn't a straight red is one of life's mysteries) and the Blanco punch to Simms pretty clearly.

Someone with any technological ability can probably YouTube it. The highlights come right about 19-20 minutes into the program. It is repeated a few more times today. I have to go to work.

14. mikedett

mikedett New Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Springfield, Va. USA
    Club:
    DC United
    I strongly encourage all of you who saw what happened to send statements to USSF, and the Montgomery County District Attorney's Office. I would also CC
    MLS, and DC United.
    Perhaps with enough email and pressure USSF will have no choice.

The great Blanco needs to be tossed from soccer. Period.

15. DCU_Rick

DCU_Rick New Member

Aug 16, 2006
    Right behind you.
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [youtube]XIE7lmgK2xw[/youtube]

16. Raz from the 'Burgh

Raz from the 'Burgh New Member

Aug 16, 2007
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    clyde simms= abs of steel! i want to see the part with blanca scratching at people.

17. revelation

revelation Member+

Dec 17, 1998
    FC St. Pauli
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    I agree about the Thorrington tackle. That was a straight red. That was bad.

As for Blanco, he'll get the same treatment that all "tempermental" stars get, a stern "tsk, tsk" and a pat on the back of the hand with the strong "don't do that again". MLS is paying him way too much money to actually dish out punishment.

18. DCWarrior

DCWarrior Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm surprised Simms didn't lay him out after that BS.

19. TimD

TimD Member

Aug 9, 1999
    Columbus, Ohio, U.S.
    As for the Thorrignton tackle it should have been a straight red. Chicago made the same tackle against Ekpo in Saturdays game here in C'bus. Completely from behind, studs showing, solely an attempt to play the man, obvious cynical attempt to stop an offensive challenge, defenders legs woven into offensive players legs in an attempt to figure four - would seem an obvious attempt to break the offensive players leg or to cause great harm.

The result - no call. It would seem that Chicago has decided that this is the way they are going to defend (like this is new) and the ref's are going to allow it. And as usual the league is going to just watch it go on until a player gets seriously injured.

As for Blanco, keep up the pressure - get his butt tossed from the league for awhile.

As for the unwarranted crack about C'bus and a statement made by one individual. Piss off d**khead.

20. freekickwiz

freekickwiz Member+

Mar 29, 2000
    Under the endless sky
    Club:
    DC United
    Blanco is a disgrace to the sport.

21. NattyBo

NattyBo Member+

Apr 30, 2004
    Nunya
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Simms should have laid Blanco out for that BS...glad Burch took care of business.

22. freekickwiz

freekickwiz Member+

Mar 29, 2000
    Under the endless sky
    Club:
    DC United
    Does anyone have a link to a video of the incident?

23. John L

John L Member+

Sep 20, 2003
    Alexandria, VA
    NO - Just the potential of this particular one who has had problems with domestic violence in the past

24. DCU_Rick

DCU_Rick New Member

Aug 16, 2006
    Right behind you.
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Video is at the bottom of page 4 of this thread. It doesn't show the Burch check, but it shows the Blanco punch to Simms.

25. freekickwiz

freekickwiz Member+

Mar 29, 2000
    Under the endless sky
    Club:
    DC United
    Cool, thank you.