Blame Klopp for everything- The Injury Thread II

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by el-capitano, Jan 6, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
  2. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    at last.

Hendo leaving the England camp today. returning to Anfield. no word on nature / status of problem.

3. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Mohamed Salah could return to Liverpool on Thursday as the Egyptian forward recovers from coronavirus after testing positive for the disease while on international duty.

Salah has been in self-isolation since being made aware of his positive test ahead of Egypt’s Africa Cup of Nations qualifying fixture against Togo on Friday, quarantining in a hotel in El-Gouna.

The 28-year-old will undergo another test on Thursday and could return to Liverpool should that test come back negative.

4. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    pretty conclusive, no? :rolleyes:

Some of the Liverpool squad were put through their paces today in Kirkby as the club's brand new AXA Training Centre opened officially.

With many of Jurgen Klopp's squad away on international duty, it was far from a full complement although the likes of Joel Matip, James Milner, Divock Origi, Adrian and Nat Phillips were all pictured.

They were not pictured in Tuesday's training session but given the size of the club's impressive new facility it is possible they may have training out of sight of the cameras.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spo...ol-training-thiago-alcantara-fabinho-19298533

There was no sign however of Thiago Alacantara or Fabinho, both of whom are thought to be nearing fitness after injury lay-offs.

5. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    the fun never ends, does it? given the Nat is likely preferred for Sunday, and Rhys for Wednesday, hopefully not a large deal.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...re-Williams-left-Englands-U21-precaution.html

Liverpool have been dealt yet another injury scare in defence with centre-back Rhys Williams left out of England's Under 21 squad to face Albania on Tuesday night.

England Under 21 boss Aidy Bothroyd said the 19-year-old was sent back to Liverpool with a small hip problem.

'He had a very minor stiff hip,' Bothroyd said. 'It was in his best interests to get him back to Liverpool.

6. el-capitano

el-capitano Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 30, 2005
    Sydney
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
  7. B.A.

B.A. Member+

Sep 12, 2007
    IL
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Henderson start training as a centerback yet?

maybe it is time to bring back the sweeper?

Bwahahahahahahaha......

8. B.A.

B.A. Member+

Sep 12, 2007
    IL
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm glad he was able to rest while on international duty.

9. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    After the injury in the derby match, the club said they expected Thiago to be out for a week or so.

that was a month ago, and still nothing definitive about (a) what the injury was (b) if he is actually back in training and (c) when he will be back.

10. dcc134

dcc134 Member+

Liverpool FC
    May 15, 2000
    Hummelstown, PA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Suspect some of the "knocks" picked up on international duty turn out not to be very serious.

B.A. and SamScouse repped this.
  11. B.A.

B.A. Member+

Sep 12, 2007
    IL
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Everybody’s concern when they signed him.

SamScouse repped this.
  12. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    The results mean Salah, who commenced a self-isolation period last Friday, will miss Leicester’s visit to Anfield and could also be absent when Liverpool play Atalanta in the Champions League next Wednesday and Brighton on 28 November. He cannot leave Egypt until he records a negative result.

13. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    By the time we face Leicester City on Sunday, it will have been over a month – and David Lynch has explained that Thiago’s chances of featuring again look slim.

“It is also understood that Thiago Alcantara’s involvement is by no means guaranteed, despite initial suggestions that the international break would provide him with sufficient recovery time,” he wrote in the Echo.

“The Spaniard is not yet in full training either and Liverpool’s medical staff only expect a clearer picture on his fitness to emerge as the week progresses.”

https://www.empireofthekop.com/2020...iverpool-fans-wait-seemingly-set-to-continue/

14. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Liverpool captain Jordan Henderson is reportedly set to be unavailable to face Leicester in the Premier League on Sunday due to injury.

According to Paul Joyce, of The Times, Liverpool are likely to be without Henderson when they line up against Leicester at Anfield.

15. newterp

newterp Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 6, 2007
    North Potomac, MD
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    very confusing. to me that means he has had setbacks in recovery - because we have been told that for each of the last several games that he was "close" - only to be ruled out.

16. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    it's actually starting to seem a bit fishy.

17. speker

speker Member+

May 16, 2009
    Canada
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    The squad is going to be truly tested over the next month or so given the amount of injuries we have currently.
    Liverpool have to play 9 games in 28 days , one every 72 hours with a depleted squad.

18. speker

speker Member+

May 16, 2009
    Canada
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    I think knee's can be tricky .It was a vicious tackle that put him out and something is obviously going on . It's possible Thiago is getting fluid on his knee and continued swelling/inflammation.

newterp repped this.
  19. newterp

newterp Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 6, 2007
    North Potomac, MD
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    totally agree. That’s why I was wondering if he’s having setbacks.

20. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Mohamed Salah will jet back to London on Friday despite testing positive for Covid-19 for a third time on Wednesday. The Liverpool ace will fly with Egyptian team-mate Mohamed Elneny on a “medically-equipped” plane from Hurghada airport.

Both Salah and the Arsenal midfielder will be tested again once they arrival in the UK. If they test positive again then they will have to remain in isolation.

If they test negative they will be cleared to return to training once their 10 days of isolation is up.

21. Menace2Sobriety

Menace2Sobriety Member+

Aug 12, 2004
    Washington DC
    Mane has really poor basketball form - fortunately he’s a footballer.

22. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Klopp talks about Mo at pre-game media thing ....

Liverpool forward Mohamed Salah will be missing after testing positive for coronavirus while on international duty with Egypt. And Salah who was reportedly filmed dancing at his brothers wedding in the days before that is the first topic of discussion for Jurgen Klopp.

"He is back today," Klopp said.

"He is in a good place. He feels well. There is nothing to say in public about all the things I talk to my players about but I can say in the summer I was in Germany and a friend moved his birthday party because I was there.

"There were 50 people attending. I decided at the last minute not to go and it was allowed in Germany. It was outside but I did not go.

"In other countries there are more social pressure on you and a brothers wedding is very special moment. What I can say is that my players are all incredibly disciplined. There were some cases but they all know about the situation.

"But sometimes it doesn't work out like this and something happens and we are in the situation we are in but all the rest is between me and Mo and we did that already so we are fine."

burning247 repped this.