Blacking out shoes

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by Avi_Aimar, Nov 18, 2004.

1. Avi_Aimar

Avi_Aimar New Member

Dec 26, 2002
    Sorry, I have seen this thread before but did not find it. I was just curious as to how pro soccer players black out there shoes ie., making a pair of copas all black. I have used a black permanent marker but they leave a shiny look to them I don't really like that. Again, sorry, for this post but any information would be helpful.

2. Ricardinho_Uk

Ricardinho_Uk Member

Dec 28, 2003
    uk
    not sure what the pros use but black shoe polish or black dubbing over a long period of time helps black a shoe out

for more quick results what i do with some of my copas is just rip the stripes of the first one though i leave becuase it has all the stiching where the boot joins underneath. now you have one stripe next step is if you can be bothered is to get a bit of sand paper and roughnen the surface of the stripe this way it wont be so shiny then use black boot polish and it should take the colour on from there.

3. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    It might sound crazy but i think that some perminant markers are more shiney than others. I sometimes train in copas and had to black them out. I just used a perminent marker. And mine were shiney at first. But after wearing the boots a few time it just went black. Plus i dont think people will notice unless they get really close and if they do you will get asked why have you done that - lol. But i dont know of any other ways. Remember pros probably use Markers but you never get the chance to examine the boots close up so it doesnt matter if they are a bit shiney!

appleCORR

4. nvan_football

nvan_football New Member

Nov 1, 2004
    Vancouver,BC,Canada
    I think it doesn't matter at all :)

5. redalert101

redalert101 New Member

Jan 14, 2004
    Streets of Florida
    i tried to use permanent marker but when i played in them it rubbed off and turned purple

6. Paul.eta

Paul.eta Member

Jan 21, 2003
    if the part of the shoe is leather, which in this case it is, then buy some leather dye and mix it with acetone (to keep it from cracking). experiment with different ratios.

7. TerminalVertigo

Oct 18, 2004
    Ottawa Ontario
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    any suggestion for the black/sun f50s?
    i would like them all black

8. cazdaspaz

cazdaspaz New Member

Oct 14, 2004

Pro's do not black out their boots/cleats, most get them specially made. I heard of a guy who had to black out his predator manias because his kit sponsor was not adidas. The link of the pics is below. :)

http://www.geocities.com/adipredweb/maniablkblk/maniablkblkfg.htm

(I suppose he would have just blacked out the tounge logo with a permanent marker.)

9. Theo P

Theo P New Member

Mar 6, 2004
    Why would anyone HAVE to black out their shoes?

10. metropolis2k

metropolis2k New Member

Sep 7, 2004
    England
    Two reasons, first of all if pros are wearing prototypes of new models they will sometimes be blacked out to keep them a bit more secretive (however they'll be blacked out by the manufacturer). Also sponsorship plays a part. To use appleCORR as an example, she is sponsored by Nike so is under contract to wear Nike boots. However she wants to wear Copas for training so she just blacks them out so it doesn't annoy Nike.

11. goalhappy27

goalhappy27 New Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Oregon USA
    Those manias arent blacked out by the guy who wore them they were blacked out by miadidas thats why they have the numbers on the heal

12. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Yeah those all blacked out Manias were worn by players testing the boots before they were officially launched. But i agree, unless you have issues with a sponser why black out your boots? You buy them for the design so you may aswell just keep the design!

appleCORR

13. rgrayson

rgrayson New Member

Jan 20, 2004
    Because not everyone wants to be flashy. Personally I think the all black manias are badass.

14. Soccerbest7

Soccerbest7 New Member

Aug 16, 2004
    Another reason is if you don't like the color. I personally usually go for black color, but some shoes don't come in black, or they are out of stock. I have some orange Reebok HG cleats that were orgiinally $69.99 but I bought them for $9.99 and I blacked them out because I hate the way they looked in orange

15. cazdaspaz

cazdaspaz New Member

Oct 14, 2004

Yeah. Sorry. :D
    Anyway, there are loads of pics of blacked out boots, although they all seem to be adidas. I have never seen any other make of boots being blacked out.

It shows here an explanation and some pictures from an expert. LOL.

http://www.geocities.com/adipredweb/precisionblkblk/precisionblkblksg.htm

This shows why boots are blacked out, (hopefully.) :)

16. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Manchester United defender Gabrielle Heinze wears blacked out total 90 IIs.

appleCORR

17. hkeat

hkeat New Member

Sep 30, 2004
    Malaysia
    Those blacked-out pred manias are sweet... Since coloured boots are popular these days, I might as well go with traditional black to be different from others. :D

18. htafc

htafc New Member

Dec 12, 2004
    England
    yeah, thinking about it though they may actually be vapor k's :p

19. stev

stev New Member

Feb 10, 2005
    Hallo i am from germany
    ähhhm what is the german word for lether dye or where can i buy anything else in germany ?

20. htafc

htafc New Member

Dec 12, 2004
    England
    Lederfarbstoff

21. Bleacherbutt

Bleacherbutt New Member

May 1, 2001
    Rochester, NY
    I think they are called "referees".

22. startFC

startFC New Member

Jan 7, 2005
    Oldham
    Nope, there are total 90 II's....probably the blue, black ones.....

Mike

23. stev

stev New Member

Feb 10, 2005
    Hallo
    Can i use lether dye for nike azt 90 III ???

24. htafc

htafc New Member

Dec 12, 2004
    England
    oops, yeah they are ;) :eek:

25. cazdaspaz

cazdaspaz New Member

Oct 14, 2004
    I've wanted to black out a few pairs of boots, but I'm scared of what will happen. Also most of the time I'm not allowed.:)