Blackburn vs Manchester City [R]

Discussion in 'Manchester City' started by MVF, Aug 10, 2009.

1. MVF

MVF Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Victoria
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    I think Hughes just figured (rightly) that Blackburn were not going to even try and play a possession based game, and that we could hit them on the counter (which we did for both goals) quickly with more forwards. Bellamy and SWP work both ways extremely hard anyway.

With a game where we actually need to win the midfield battle, i am sure NDJ or Kompany will sit behind the midfield. MLSnoob has the correct formation IMO.

2. thejuggernaut

thejuggernaut Member

Mar 25, 2007
    PA
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    MLS, def has it right, Dunne will start but I just can't see benching S-dubba, after the great match he had saturday.

But you know I'm dabbling with my 11 best and not even considering best 11 at this point which is a classic mistake in any sport.

Hughes is quickly winning back my faith. Dunne... not so much.

3. MLSn00b

MLSn00b Member

Apr 3, 2008
    New York
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well I wouldn't like to see SWP benched either, but he's the most likely candidate if Hughes wants to play a stronger midfield with the capability of holding onto possesion for long periods of time. That said I think that Hughes might get a bit of a rotation going with SWP and De Jong being semi-regulars. I wouldn't be surprised if Kompany and Dunne become semi-regulars as well, with Kompany playing against teams playing at a faster pace and Dunne playing against teams at a slower pace.