BlackBurn v. Liverpool [R]

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by bjb7223, Oct 26, 2004.

1. bjb7223

bjb7223 New Member

May 29, 2004
    Florida
    Kewell with a curler, saved by Friedel

2. bjb7223

bjb7223 New Member

May 29, 2004
    Florida
    Kirkland with a fantastic save

3. bjb7223

bjb7223 New Member

May 29, 2004
    Florida
    Luis garcia saves a goal near the far post.

Blackburn rfree kick

Kirkland robs Dickov. great save

4. bjb7223

bjb7223 New Member

May 29, 2004
    Florida
    Diao coming on for Didi

Baros offsides

5. youllneverwalkalone

Apr 3, 2003
    Houston
    All we need is just a lucky goal, I don't care at this point, just put it in the net.

6. youllneverwalkalone

Apr 3, 2003
    Houston
    All we're doing is booting the ball up, the camera is nauseating, it keeps having to go back and forth, both teams are playing kickball.

7. SuperElf

SuperElf Member

Jul 16, 1999
    Dallas, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I know when I need a goal with ten minutes to go, the first person I think to bring off the bench is my buddy Salif.

8. bjb7223

bjb7223 New Member

May 29, 2004
    Florida
    come on reds stirng some passes together, the long ball is disgusting

9. youllneverwalkalone

Apr 3, 2003
    Houston
    We've got to puch forward and attack, they are content with a draw, we can't be and we've gotta score just one more.

10. bjb7223

bjb7223 New Member

May 29, 2004
    Florida
    Riise a bulelt, saved, Garcia, wide

11. bjb7223

bjb7223 New Member

May 29, 2004
    Florida
    corner kick reds, nothing comes out of it

12. bjb7223

bjb7223 New Member

May 29, 2004
    Florida
    corner kick reds again, Garrcia.

another corner coming up.
    nothing comes out of it.

Xabi, Kewell, coming forward, attacking,

Diao, Kewell almost a winner

13. youllneverwalkalone

Apr 3, 2003
    Houston
    2-2 FT, I don't know what to say.

14. bjb7223

bjb7223 New Member

May 29, 2004
    Florida
    2-2 fulltime

i'll take the road point. wanted 3 though

15. ULL NEVER WALK ALONE

Sep 29, 2004
    Chile
    Club:
    Liverpool LFC
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    The Worrying Part Is The Fact That We Have To Play Deportivo On Wed.if U Couldnt Beat Blakc.rovers ,i Seriously Dont Know Whats Going To Happen !!!

16. lackadaisical

lackadaisical Member

Jul 9, 2004
    memphis
    Really nasty game. Draw was fair to both sides. Cisse probably be out a long time. The injury was sickening to watch.

17. AwayKit

AwayKit Member

Jul 23, 2004
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    I thought Josemi looked awful out there. I don't think he deserved his starting position.

18. liverbird

liverbird BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 29, 2000
    Mars
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Back from the local. Rovers set out to foul every time, slide in late, and make an ugly game of it. It was a deliberate foul on Cisse and there was no call as his leg was broken. Too-gay should have been dismissed in the first half. The referee allowed the tactics.

Riise's goal was world class from a great pass by Xabi. They were offside on the first goal but we let them in. Hyppia made a completely amateur mistake for their second. He simply needed to play the ball over the by line and take the corner, but instead played a perfect set up to Emerton on the edge of the box. Baros' goal was excellent -- sure Rovers gave it away but Garcia made a great pass and Baros road a hacking, slashing tackle for ten yards to beat Freidel. He will get some penalty calls later as refs see him refuse to fall down idly.

They had a goal saved off the line and we could have scored as well. I think the result in the end was Ok but we should never have let them back after the first goal.

We've got trouble as we are down to three strikers. I expect FSP to get a chance now. Cisse may be gone for quite some time.

On Elf's remark -- Diao sucked a** for his time out there but Hamann was completely anonymous the whole game.

Finally this is the type of game we would have lost last year. A tie may have to do.

19. liverbird

liverbird BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 29, 2000
    Mars
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agreed

20. bjb7223

bjb7223 New Member

May 29, 2004
    Florida
    Hyppia and Josemi did not play good today.

21. youllneverwalkalone

Apr 3, 2003
    Houston
    Totally agreed

And that is probably the most disgusting picture I have ever seen. Almost like the Henrik Larsson video of him breaking his leg a few years back. This has not been a good day at all, I am still totally dissapointed with the tie. But most of all just the way we played the whole game, I know we are better than that.

22. Takkie

Takkie Member

Jul 7, 2004
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i dont think it's fair to the players though, i'm happy with the draw simply because i'm sure Cisse's injury was on their minds while they were playing. Cisse's injury took alot out of the squad and blackburn started really putting the pressure on after his injury.

23. splara10

splara10 New Member

Aug 18, 2004
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    LFC Board:

Just wanted to say that I was bummed to see Cisse get hurt today. A close friend of mine is a Reds supporter and he was just destroyed when he saw the replay of the injury. Looked like he was settling in for a good performance as well - great shot from distance early on.

I certainly don't wish rival teams success, but I hate to see ppl get hurt and I've actually followed Cisse for a while in the French League with Auxerre - he's got quality, even if it all hasn't shone through yet.

Speedy/complete recovery and all that.

24. usscouse

usscouse BigSoccer Supporter

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    Right bunch of bloody cloggers...and the referee smiles on..!
    Should have won but just couldn't get it in there.

It was one of those days for the Prowlers, 1-1 we missed a PK to be able to do it as well..!