Black Wednesday--a CSA protest

Discussion in 'Canada' started by SweetOwnGoal, Aug 30, 2007.

1. Razcle

Razcle New Member

May 18, 2007
    Waterloo
    Exactly...thanks Dillan...but I haven't heard any protests being organized by yourself to the CSA anytime recently.

2. Razcle

Razcle New Member

May 18, 2007
    Waterloo
    Wow...someone could make a bundle selling all black t-shirts in the parking lot...probably buy each one for like $3-4 and sell them for 10. Sell a couple thousand to all the people that did not get the memo about Black Wednesday and make a bundle.

3. VPjr

VPjr New Member

Jan 14, 2007
    Mississauga

I'm the guy organizing the Black T-shirt for next Wednesday. I'm not looking to make money on this. In fact, I'll probably lose some money on it but that's not my concern.

Here is a preview of what the T-Shirt is going to look like. The design is not awe inspiring but that's not the goal. It was intended to be legible.

If you are interested in a shirt, I will be arranging a meeting place before the game to distribute them. They will be sold for $5.00 each for L and XL and $7.00 for XXL. This is NOT being done for profit. This is being done with hope that 500 people will choose to "voice" their discontent with the CSA through a visual protest while still cheering the boys on the field.

Please feel free to PM me if you want more information about how to get a shirt.

4. Taoism

Taoism Member

Apr 13, 2007
    Winnipeg, MB, Canada
    Should there have been an image to accompany that statement? :)

Cheers!

5. Taoism

Taoism Member

Apr 13, 2007
    Winnipeg, MB, Canada
    Ahhh... I found your post on the Voyageurs board about it...

[​IMG]

Cheers!

6. VPjr

VPjr New Member

Jan 14, 2007
    Mississauga

sorry...fortgot to post the link to the image.

7. Razcle

Razcle New Member

May 18, 2007
    Waterloo
    WOW $5 is super cheap...do you have a friend at the printing company?

Where will you be selling the shirts on game day?

8. Razcle

Razcle New Member

May 18, 2007
    Waterloo
  9. Dylan!!!

Dylan!!! New Member

Nov 30, 2006
    sorry, i forgot how clueless and dysfunctional the CSA is:eek:. As of now, the all black on wednesday is our best and most effective option. Hopefully it works.

10. SweetOwnGoal

SweetOwnGoal Member

Jan 5, 2003
    11.9986 km from BMO Field
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Tomorrow at 1:30 pm we will be on CFRB 1010 in Toronto. Please listen and call in if the opportunity presents itself.

We have received a lot of contacts today--this is going to get covered. Now, we need to pull it off.

All together (wearing black)!

11. SweetOwnGoal

SweetOwnGoal Member

Jan 5, 2003
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    At least one national journalist is meeting us at Shoeless Joe's tomorrow between 4-4:30pm to "set the scene" for his story on Black Wednesday/the game.

If you can make it to the bar at that time, it would be great.

12. SweetOwnGoal

SweetOwnGoal Member

Jan 5, 2003
    Club:
    Toronto FC
  13. crazypete13

crazypete13 Moderator
    Staff Member

May 7, 2007
    A walk from BMO
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    The above links give an incorrect URL message.

Corrected

Brunt:

http://www.globesports.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20070911.wsptbrunt11/GSStory/GlobeSportsSoccer/home

Mallet:

http://www.globesports.com/servlet/...wsptcsa11/CommentStory/GlobeSportsSoccer/home