Black Sunday Protest [UPDATE]

Discussion in 'New England Revolution' started by RedRevs, Jul 15, 2011.

1. bbsbt

bbsbt Member+

Feb 26, 2003
    We can create 39,624 life-size cardboard cut-outs and paint them to look like real people. From far away you can't tell they are fake.
    I'm sure it's gonna fool Kraft.

2. RevsFanDan

RevsFanDan Member

May 24, 2005
    North Shore
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why don't we just put a fake ad on the local ethnic AM radio stations that the Mexican/Honduran/El Salvadoran national All-Stars are coming to play the Revs..and say it's a gift from Bob Kraft!

When they all show up and we're only playing San Jose...you'll see how fast 40,000 people can say "KRAFT, u Putooooooo" :D

3. A Casual Fan

A Casual Fan Member+

Mar 22, 2000

Bump.

`

4. LongDuckDong

LongDuckDong Member+

Jan 26, 2011
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think we need to do something, and I think our goal should be to pressure Kraft/KSG into giving the Nicol/FO more resources.

I read in the Globe this morning that they had to sign Milton Caraglio based on video review alone. That's just ridiculous. While Burns/Nicol have undoubtedly done a terrible job bringing in talent, it's tough to blame them when they have so little to work with.

We need to let them know that we don't need DPs, or an SSS. What we really want is more Revs dedicated staff.We want a dedicated scout. We want a Rev only marketing team.We want a dedicated/better training staff to prevent injuries.

5. The-Spencer

The-Spencer Member

Apr 19, 2005
    Northborough
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think we contrast the silent/absent Fort from last game with a loud, energized Fort this time to stress just how pivotal of a role we play in this organization. The difference will be undeniable.

6. NE till i die

NE till i die Member+

Jun 26, 2010
    Stoughton, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree with LongDuckDong, we need to do something. The purpose behind our protest was in response to Fortgate, yes, but it was about the 16 years of apathetic ownership and mistreatment of the most loyal fans. I know I've already made this point before but I strongly believe that we are not done here.

I'm not suggesting another walk-out, but if it is decided to do another one I will gladly take part again. My suggestion is everyone show up in black/STF t-shirts and we are silent for the first 16 minutes again. This was very effective in showing the difference the Fort makes. After 16 minutes we go back to doing our normal chants, but with some anti-Kraft "we want change" type of chants thrown in.

7. ToMhIlL

ToMhIlL Member+

Feb 18, 1999
    Boxborough, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I like the idea of making noise up until kickoff, then sitting silently for 16 minutes, and then erupt back to the normal level of noise.

The 16-minute gap shows what it woudl be like without the fort, and if there is lots of noise during the player intros, etc. then silence, it is very clear that the protest is still on.

8. LongDuckDong

LongDuckDong Member+

Jan 26, 2011
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Whatever is done, it needs to be noticeable, and should continue until supporters get a response from the organization.

If after 2-3 matches, we don't get a response, something more drastic might be necessary.

9. LongDuckDong

LongDuckDong Member+

Jan 26, 2011
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Simple banner idea:

Invest in your team, or we won't

10. Kraft Out

Kraft Out Member+

Aug 2, 2010
    Boston
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Which is pretty much what Kraft wants.

11. Achowat

Achowat Member+

Mar 21, 2011
    Revere, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Suggesting the Kraft cares enough about this team to have formulated an opinion is laughable

12. Kraft Out

Kraft Out Member+

Aug 2, 2010
    Boston
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    :D best point

13. thecastigador

thecastigador Member

Oct 31, 2006
    Boston (JP)
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sorry guys, was in San Diego for work all week.

We actually have received response from the front office and are making steps towards improving the fort and supporter's experience in general at Gillette.

I will not be at the game this weekend (more work related things) but, I don't think that a continued protest is necessary. The FO is currently working with us. I think to protest again would really be in poor form. If things fall apart, or the improvements being discussed are never enacted, then yes by all means we should stage another protest.

FYI I encourage any paid members of the Riders to check the message board as that is where I tend to post and check more often. If you have any trouble logging in email us at web@midnightriders.com

14. Achowat

Achowat Member+

Mar 21, 2011
    Revere, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If they listened and reached out, then Black Sunday was a success. If things worsen or communication breaks down, then we look at other avenues, but right now, things are getting better.

15. RevsFanDan

RevsFanDan Member

May 24, 2005
    North Shore
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    explain please...wasn't our last home game the Philly game?

is the getting better..The signing of Milton and labeling him a DP?

16. ToMhIlL

ToMhIlL Member+

Feb 18, 1999
    Boxborough, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, I realize public message boards might not be the best place to post sensitive information, but I'd be very curious how they are "listening" and how things have changed since the original, pre-Philly meeting where both Bilello and Kelly Way lied through their teeth and either weren't smart enough or didn't care enough to realize that everyone saw through this. The fact that the same cop who was reprimanded for "unprofessional," "inappropriate" and "unacceptable" behavior woud still be working Revs games doesn't suggest to me that they are "listening" at all.

Or did they have a "Come to Jesus" moment when they saw the devistation wrought by the protest and now have seen the light?

You can leave out any non-public details if you like, but I would be very curious to hear what reasons anyone has to think anything has changed significantly.

17. SYoshonis

SYoshonis Member+

Jun 8, 2000
    Lafayette, Louisiana
    Club:
    Michigan Bucks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    +1.

18. The Magpie

The Magpie Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Cambridge, MA
    They have reached out and responded favorably, but only time will tell whether the club is sincere in the proposals they've put forth. I believe the details are still being worked out, and some are available through the respective SG's, but hopefully we can move forward from this.

19. LongDuckDong

LongDuckDong Member+

Jan 26, 2011
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Unless they've done/said these things, it's not enough:

1. All who are guilty have apologized for lying
    2. FO has hired a designated scout (so we can stop bringing in terrible/injured players)
    3. TeamOpps have implemented policies that will improve the game day experience for fans in the Fort (not just the supporters groups)
    4. Promise to not lie to us in the off-season about how great next season's going to be in an effort to sell tickets

20. RevsFanDan

RevsFanDan Member

May 24, 2005
    North Shore
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This!

21. SYoshonis

SYoshonis Member+

Jun 8, 2000
    Lafayette, Louisiana
    Club:
    Michigan Bucks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good luck with #4. You could probably get a salesman to voluntarily stop breathing easier than to stop lying.

22. ToMhIlL

ToMhIlL Member+

Feb 18, 1999
    Boxborough, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, if those who have been in contact with the Powers That Be feel confortable that this time, Lucy isn't really going to pull the football away from Charlie Brown at the last second, I'm inclined to give them the benefit of the doubt just for now. We will know soon enough if this is really a new leaf or just the same old story.

While I would agree with what Lawn Guylin Duck says, I think #2 isn't really a Fort - TeamOps issue (even though it is something that definitely needs to be done). You think TeamOps, who would have trouble spelling skot, er scowt, um, whatever, would have anything to do with hiring one? Then again, we've been told that Bob Kraft, the man who owns the company has no say over their policies, so maybe we do need to deal with the straw that stirs the drink in this case.

And if I lie when I promise not to lie any more, does that really count as a broken promise?

23. LongDuckDong

LongDuckDong Member+

Jan 26, 2011
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #2 isn't a fort issue at all, but I don't really care. It needs to be done, and I certainly won't giving any money to the Krafts until it is done.

I commented on this earlier. I think there's a segment of fans who were protesting the organization as a whole, and a segment of fans who were just protesting the TeamOpps incident. I doubt the former group of people will be happy with whatever concessions the FO is offering.

24. RevsFanDan

RevsFanDan Member

May 24, 2005
    North Shore
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I may be in the minority here Tom...but, this whole fortgate crap and protest, for me anyways...was less to do with TeamOps as it was an outright protest against the Kraft Apathy.

Although, I know full well that probably most were protesting the TeamOps debacle. Most actually have no idea that teamOps is a Kraft company and ultimately it was BOB KRAFT himself who came into the Fort and started harrassing paying guests!!

As is the case with anyone not actually drunk and or not committing any real crime to be accosted by these A-Holes..It's actually BOB KRAFT who is doing the accosting..!!

Therefore, whenever any STAFF is a jerk and or is flippant, arrogant and downright moody and tempermental...just put BOB Ahole Kraft's head on their body and say to yourself...Bob Kraft is actually doing this to me. Gives it a real identity and purpose..!! :D

25. Achowat

Achowat Member+

Mar 21, 2011
    Revere, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd like to replace this with my own list

1. Treat the Fort how they market the Fort: as an important part of the Revs game-day experience.

I don't care if they apologize, I don't care if they embellish a little to sell ticks, I don't care if they improve the product on the field. (I mean, I care about those things, but that's not the point.)

Black Sunday was about one thing, asking for unrelated things is only going to muddle the effectiveness of our primary goal