Black Sunday Protest [UPDATE]

Discussion in 'New England Revolution' started by RedRevs, Jul 15, 2011.

1. RedRevs

RedRevs Member

Aug 24, 2005
    Cambridge
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Riders, Rebellion, and Rev Army plan to inform Revolution players of our intentions closer to the match to make sure that they are aware this has nothing to do with them and that we still support them 100%. This protest is being directed at the very top levels of this organization and how it's being run. It's also a warning to Major League Soccer. Not just us, but New England as a whole deserves better.

3. A Casual Fan

A Casual Fan Member+

Mar 22, 2000
    Still can't see it. I refuse to FB. Anyplace where this info can be had without demanding more personal information from me?

Or is it really still that much of a secret?

4. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Of course after you read this, you must swallow a cyanide pill. ;)

Here's the post:

5. A Casual Fan

A Casual Fan Member+

Mar 22, 2000
    Thanks Monty.

6. Brian in Boston

Brian in Boston Member+

Jun 17, 2004
    MA & CA, USA
    Has this been brought to the attention of the press? If not, it should be.

7. The Magpie

The Magpie Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Cambridge, MA
    It has and it's already starting to receive some attention.

8. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arZdeg_fL-I"]‪Animal House Flounder‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

9. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  10. Rangers Rob

Rangers Rob Member

Mar 30, 2007
    United States
    Club:
    Glasgow Rangers FC
  11. Dbird76

May 12, 2009
    Buggytopia
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm bringing a handful of SoB "Support the Fort" T-Shirts to Gillette this Sunday. They're mostly for the traveling Philly supporters, but if someone wants to stop by our tailgate & trade one for a scarf, Ipswich IPA, Rhode Island medical marijuana or something then let me know...

Side note, are you all watching the WWC final at one of the bars at Patriot Place?

Edit: If you're man enough, maybe you can try a bearfight with us

12. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oops...
    Corrected, thanks.
    This link has a couple of the places people will be watching. One is right at the man mall, one is about 3 miles down the road ... basically for those of us that don't want to give the Krafts any money.

13. FoxBoro 143

FoxBoro 143 Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's kind of sad that after I have successfully been doing my own protest by not attending any games at all for quite a while now, that this protest actually makes me want to go to the game just so I can walk out.
    Fortunately, I have other obligations and therefore can't give Kraft my $20 bucks to walk out!

14. Swedejay

Swedejay New Member

May 28, 2011
    Boston
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It doesn't get mentioned much but for anyone wanting to join the boycott but not give craft money buy something off stubhub. Kraft already has his money from the initial purchase so nothing new goes to him. Unfortunately it might go to some scumbag scalper.

15. Argyle

Argyle Member

Jan 31, 2002
    Plymouth, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just a suggestion, and it may be short notice, but you might want to have a flyer or some way of letting fans outside of the Fort know why you're protesting. I suspect most of them don't know the story.

16. Alan

Alan Titanium Member

Feb 25, 1999
    Massachusetts
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Scumbag Scalper??? :eek: As of this moment, StubHub has exactly two tickets for sale -- $42 Category I seats at midfield -- listed for sale at $33.99. (BTW not mine)

Scumbag bastard. :D

Oh and Ebay has no tickets listed for sale for Sunday's game.

Why?

Folks can barely give them away for free let alone trying to sell at half price or even face value.

Need tickets? Wait around the front of the box office in the half hour before the game. Put on your sad face and some soccer mom/dad from Bellingham or somewhere, with three kids in tow will walk up to you and GIVE YOU TICKETS FOR FREE. Happens like clockwork.

17. A Casual Fan

A Casual Fan Member+

Mar 22, 2000
    ...and maybe some politically correct posters with the questionable terminology:

18. Swedejay

Swedejay New Member

May 28, 2011
    Boston
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Alan you are completely right when it comes to Revs, I only have 6 games this year but for the cheap cost and decent seats to any non-beckham game I'm tempted to buy more unless I start to join you guys in the fort.

The comment is more directed to most events like when I'm back in Philly and try and get Union or any other tickets and you see 20 tickets for sale marked up 50% because 1 guy bought a huge block as they went on sale and sells them for proftit and people who want to go to an event can't buy them at face value. I understand supply and demand but just a pet peave but lets not get off topic, this thread isnt about that.

I will do my part letting everyone I know in section 113 about whats going on in the fort tho.

19. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I believe, but I could be wrong, that the plan is to hand out fliers. Not sure where, or who's doing it ... but I had brought it up and was told that was indeed part of the plan.

20. The Magpie

The Magpie Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Cambridge, MA
  21. rustynation

rustynation New Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Boston
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I'm already over the Revs. I'm putting any money I may spend in the stadium towards other things.

Good luck, everyone.

22. Brian in Boston

Brian in Boston Member+

Jun 17, 2004
    MA & CA, USA
    Phenomenal!

That said, I personally find it disappointing that this action has been explained to players and coaches as being a response to the events of June 18th. It strikes this supporter that June 18th was a tipping point... the proverbial "straw that broke the camel's back"... with regard to the Krafts' indifferent stewardship of the New England Revolution franchise for 16 years. As such, the protest is a repudiation of the piss-poor job the Krafts and their management team have been doing since Major League Soccer's launch, rather than a supporter response to being hassled over a chant.

That said, I'm all for rubbing the Krafts' faces in it tomorrow. Great job of organizing this, folks!

23. jass

jass Member

Oct 12, 2006
    Club:
    Parana Curitiba
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I hope the protest goes well.

Idea for a protest for the next home game:

Make plans for a "river plate" style protest. Plan on how many seats will be ripped out, windows smashed, TVs destroyed, urinals broken etc etc etc

Make it all look reaaaaal serious. Ie, fans 1-5 will be positioned at a, fands 6-12 at b etc etc

Watch Krafts hire 200+ security guards for said game and foxboro police mobilize SWAT team.

And have not a single person show up (ie, protest was fake).

Kraft gets no money BUT he spends lots of money.

ITS GENIUS I TELL YOU!

24. rkane1226

rkane1226 Member+

Apr 9, 2000
    Club:
    Stade Brestois 29
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am curious whether or not Comcast Sports Net, Brad and Jay will even acknowledge the protest is taking place.

I find it highly plausible that the REVs will attempt to ignore the whole thing and pretend nothing happened. Who controls the cameras? Will they be allowed to pan to the Fort during the mass exit? Will the Philly Broadcast team acknowledge the events? If they do will they have video to go with their commentary?

If Brad and Jay ignore it, I hope that they never receive another job in broadcasting. Ever.

Best case scenario: The players find a reason to stop play in the 16th minute ("injury") and all point at the Fort while you exit.

25. NE till i die

NE till i die Member+

Jun 26, 2010
    Stoughton, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How about this: Since Shalrie is suspended, why doesn't he join us in the protest. I'm sure he's on our side but can't do anything about it since he is a member of the organization. On second thought, we should've contacted every ex-Revs player that left on less-than-perfect terms, Larentowizcs, Castro, Dorman, etc. to also join in.