Black Lives Matter

Discussion in 'Portugal' started by prodigal_mind, Jun 14, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VERDINHO

VERDINHO Member

May 29, 2016
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I think you are trolling leftists with your posts and to that, i applaud you. You seem to be putting a satirical spin on how a typical leftist would speak. It's making me laugh.

2. prodigal_mind

prodigal_mind Member+

Cristiano Ronaldo
    Portugal
    Jul 3, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    #27 prodigal_mind, Jun 24, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2020

This is unacceptable. Black lives matter are protesting this. They want to end police brutality. We are all on the same team here, so please support the cause. I wont personally attack you like some other posters in here as i think this is not the best way to deal with people with these views. Its best to have rational conversations in an attempt to educate and fix your ways

What do you mean? Biden has mentioned that reparations as one of his promises and even medicare for all

[​IMG]

3. prodigal_mind

prodigal_mind Member+

Cristiano Ronaldo
    Portugal
    Jul 3, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Also to Aveirenses, Verdinho and RedBullSeven. Please watch this video. Its in my opinion the best video to hopefully make you guys realize you are wrong

4. RedBullSeven

RedBullSeven Member+

Apr 28, 2012
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
  5. RedBullSeven

RedBullSeven Member+

Apr 28, 2012
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Lmao, I guess you think Portuguese Americans are so white privileged, because they work hard at their BLUE collar jobs, assimilate, and don’t do crime. The Iron Bound is the cleanest and safest spot in Newark, New Jersey, and It’s because of our culture, not because we have white privileged. Coming from poor working class Portuguese immigrant parents doesn’t give you white privilege.

6. RedBullSeven

RedBullSeven Member+

Apr 28, 2012
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    By the way police brutality is a problem in the United States of America, and believe it or not, more white people are the victims from it. They need to do a complete overhaul on police training and invest into more in non lethal weapons. They should also decriminalize the use of drugs. It’s hard to get a good paying job when you have a criminal history for doing drugs, which could lead those individuals with nothing left in life but a career of crime. I’m thinking on my own instead of virtue signaling. You guys should try it. Breaking down statues does nothing for diversity. It only creates division.

7. prodigal_mind

prodigal_mind Member+

Cristiano Ronaldo
    Portugal
    Jul 3, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    terrible argument. White people make up much more of the population than black people. If you take population sizing into account black people are targeted by police brutality substantially more.

it would be like if the white population is 100 and 4 faced police brutality, and the black population was 10 and 3 faced brutality and then saying see white people face more brutality.

8. RedBullSeven

RedBullSeven Member+

Apr 28, 2012
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    #33 RedBullSeven, Jun 24, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2020
    Black people do a VERY LARGE portion of the crime from their small population in the United States of America. Jesus Christ, do you even live in America?

9. prodigal_mind

prodigal_mind Member+

Cristiano Ronaldo
    Portugal
    Jul 3, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
  10. RedBullSeven

RedBullSeven Member+

Apr 28, 2012
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    You don’t even live in this country. I’m a victim of black on white crime. I’m speaking from experience. You’ll just eat anything that’s consider “woke” You’re an NPC.

11. Joe Martelo

Joe Martelo Red Card

CDC Montalegre
    Portugal
    Sep 30, 2019
    They commit more crime because they are marginalized and suffer from systemic racism.

poor and disadvantaged people in general commit more crime. For example, Italians-Canadians/Americans were long considered criminals due to the mafia etc as when they immigrated most of them were poor. Then they became accepted as white and no longer have the same stereotype.

12. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    I genuinely cant tell if you guys are joking when comparing the experience of a Portuguese american to a black American...

13. VERDINHO

VERDINHO Member

May 29, 2016
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    That communist swine of a leader in Portugal needs to step down. Look at whats happening to your minds. I think leftism in Portugal overall just needs to retire. Portuguese people in general just need to grow some and stick up for themselves, especially on the east coast where i imagine most of you are situated. It's pathetic.

If our monuments come down in Portugal and Spain, i imagine that people in both countries will not take it lightly and hell will freeze over the Iberian Peninsula. Iberians are not going to to let this BLM POPULIST BS taint our culture.

To hell with your cult!

14. benficafan3

benficafan3 Member+

Nov 16, 2005
    You seem pretty informed on this subject so I'm assuming you agree and align with what BLM state they believe. Like their belief and intention to 'disrupt the Western-prescribed nuclear family structure requirement'.

https://blacklivesmatter.com/what-we-believe/

May I ask why you believe disrupting the nuclear family structure will be a benefit to society?

15. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal