Black. Box. Voting. In. America: your vote goes in, tyranny comes out.

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by Mel Brennan, Nov 19, 2004.

1. sardus_pater

sardus_pater Member

Mar 21, 2004
    Sardinia Italy EU
    Club:
    Cagliari Calcio
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    If they were mistakenly awarded to a candidate I guess they should have been awarded to another...

So let's say all those votes were to be awarded to Kerry... the effect is Bush (+260k) and Kerry (-260k) producing a 520k gap.

190k mistakes could be enough to change the result. So theoretically if 260k is the correct number of errors, if 73% of those errors were "kerry->bush" ones it could be enough.

Since I cannot believe those ppl didn't take into account all this... what am I missing?

2. DutchOven

DutchOven Red Card

Nov 16, 2004

Who are the Republicans in conspiracy with?

The Knights Templar?
    Masons?
    Skull & Bones?
    Author of the Da Vinci Code?

3. Mel Brennan

Mel Brennan PLANITARCHIS' BANE

Paris Saint Germain
    United States
    Apr 8, 2002
    Baltimore
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  4. sardus_pater

sardus_pater Member

Mar 21, 2004
    Sardinia Italy EU
    Club:
    Cagliari Calcio
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  5. purojogo

purojogo Member

Sep 23, 2001
    US/Peru home
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's precisely the point...No one is going to change the outcome of the elections..But if India, with a much larger population and voter turnout can have their votes counted more accurately than we do (and they have many more parties, and electronic machines in use) then why can't we help our voting system get better...Isn't democracy in America deserving of it? For example, we might already have monumental debt, but that does not mean we cannot outfit all our machines with paper printout , am i right? I think we can still afford paper, last time i checked.....

6. BenReilly

BenReilly New Member

Apr 8, 2002
    The hysterics of sore losers who deep down have contempt for the American people.