Black and blue spotting on muscles no contact

Discussion in 'Player' started by Enxienty, Jun 5, 2013.

1. Enxienty

Enxienty Member

Jul 29, 2008
    Never had this before in my life lmao, got random black and blue spots on my muscles ( specifically quads above knee cap and near the start of the hamstring. There pretty pain when i apply pressure but barely any pain when i do minimal movement. Anyone know what it is?

2. strikerbrian

strikerbrian Member

Jul 30, 2010
    Queensbury, NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Did you feel any kind of pain in the area before the bruising showed up? Could be a small tear somewhere in that area or even further up the leg that has bled which left the marks.

I imagine if you got hit there you would have mentioned it but that is the most likely thing considering you only have pain when you apply pressure. Maybe you whacked it on something and just don't remember.

3. rca2

rca2 Member+

Nov 25, 2005
    I often don't remember minor knocks during a match. Afterwards I will have bruises where I don't remember getting hit. You get bruising to deep tissue as well as tissue at the surface where its colorful. That doesn't mean its not a tear rather than a bruise. Or something else. It just means for minor injuries, not remembering contact doesn't mean you didn't have contact during the match. It is pretty common to get struck in the thigh by a knee or the ball during a match.

4. Enxienty

Enxienty Member

Jul 29, 2008
    The bruising healed up, but I have a slight strain in my Gracilis muscle because my body is dumb and I get the third world type very uncommon type injuries, but its okay seems like i should only be out for 2-3 days