PBP: (BL: Week 27) FC Bayern München vs Eintracht Frankfurt [R]

Discussion in 'Bayern Munich' started by Hendrik, Apr 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Yes he was, he was a real creative engine throughout the game. It was quite refreshing to see someone other than Ribery doing that. If he finally found his form and can continue this it will be a huge relief going into the summer transfer period.

You're not out of line at all. Even if Uli was willing to spend money we would still face a hard time trying to attract world class talent to the Bundesliga when clubs from Italy, England or Spain come calling. They are always going to have the advantage over us in that category, simply because of the strength and success of those leagues.

2. Equilibrium

Equilibrium Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    None of your busines
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Where is the link that showed our revenue, anyone have it saved on their computer? Our profit was the 4th best as well as having no debt to pay. Bar the AA, we don't have debt to pay unlike other clubs. The only problem that we have is to attract star players that would rather go to the big 3 than us. However with enough money and being aggressive, we can get them (Ribery and Toni). You can go on and on, even comparing Juve to us financially is beyond laughable.

Incorrect, we are not. We would rather go for the cheaper option and make sure our club makes more profit than usual.

Can you please show a link of how far below all the big clubs we are in terms of profit, because I think this is bullsh#t.

3. terrypk1

terrypk1 Member

Jan 13, 2008
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    guys i have seen the list as well..i thought that's on the TOTAL INCOME NOT ON PROFIT...i think if we take out all the things that we have to pay, we are like 7th or 8th around the table.

4. Mr. J

Mr. J Member

Apr 14, 2008
    SoCal
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Agreed. He has shown the potential to become a dynamic AM for us. If he can realize that potential, then it will only increase ZeRo's longevity, as both him and Sosa could alternate in the AM role. Also, I liked how Schweini and Ribery were alternating wings throughout the match. I realize that was more due to the absence of Miro in the space behind Toni in the final third of the field, but I hope even when Miro returns, that Klinsmann continues operating Ribery and Schweini as free-roaming wingers. Over the course of the match this would help break down defenses, as opposed to Ribery being hemmed in on the left and us not being able to exploit the space on the right. Also, with Schweini taking stints on the left, I feel we will be able to have our cake and eat it too, by allowing Lahm to attack and having defensive cover with Schweini, who as a defender, is much less of a liability than the attack-minded Ribery.

5. Syncope

Syncope New Member

Mar 28, 2002
    I think that would take too long to bring you up too speed. You'll need to grasp simple concepts such as income, revenue, revenue recognition, EBITDA, profitability, cash flow, liabilities/obligations, market capitalization/valuation, etc. I believe that Liverpool, Juve, Real, etc. are publicly traded, so you can look up their income statements online as part of their regulatory filings. ManU got re-privatized, and thus delisted.

Here are Bayern's finances:
    http://www.fcbayern.t-home.de/media/native/pressemitteilungen/finanzzahlen_07-08.pdf

Here's a list that makes your point, if you don't understand that valuation does not equal money in the bank or spending power:
    http://www.goal.com/en/news/9/england/2009/04/10/1202037/manchester-united-declared-the-worlds-richest-club-ahead-of-real

That the list does prove that Bayern is an exceptionally well run club, achieving a valuation of 845 million Euros on 286.8 million Euros revenues and 2.1 million Euros profits (from Bayern's published finances). How would you like to spend that €2.1 million?

This article makes the point that not over-spending, and running the clubs and the league as a serious business has its benefits:
    http://www.thaindian.com/newsportal/world-news/german-bundesliga-most-profitable-football-eurpoean-league_10054343.html

Here's another ranking. This one has real $-figures in it. Bayern and AC Milan are doing great. Milan has the benefit of having a untouchable crook at the helm. Arsenal and Chelsea are hosed, and Liverpool seems to be limping along under its debt load. Yet all three are deep into the CL and continue to afford incredibly expensive players (who are good). I sure hope Bayern doesn't fall into that trap.
    http://www.forbes.com/lists/2009/34/soccer-values-09_Soccer-Team-Valuations_Rank.html

Lastly, regardless of Bayern's healthy finances, the players in the other top leagues pay much less in income tax. In Spain they are "artists" and pay only 5% or 10% in income tax. That means Bayern's salary doesn't go as far in Germany as it does in Spain/Italy/England. Sorta like inflation and the diminishing value of the $.

6. Equilibrium

Equilibrium Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    None of your busines
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I appologize, thanks for the info. If I ever question you in the future about finance, be sure to kick me in the face with steel shoes if you don't mind. Again, well done and rep if I can.

7. berloha

berloha Member

Nov 10, 2007
    Club:
    TSG 1899 Hoffenheim
    WTF ?

He was easily the best player in the second half. Next to Ribery is the only one who has skills, and WOW he played some great passes..I can't believe that such a elegant player is behind other graupen in the team.

8. KyleS8

KyleS8 Member

Jun 3, 2008
    Kanada
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Give the guy some credit, it was his best game in a Bayern shirt (I know that isn't saying much since he isn't a regular fixture in the starting XI). I thought he played pretty solid. He was very creative and set up some great chances, not a lot of mistakes, if any at all.

9. Equilibrium

Equilibrium Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    None of your busines
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    That's great to hear, anyone have the "whole game uploaded in some website" hint hint ;)

10. OptimusMK

OptimusMK Member

May 4, 2008
    Skopje,Macedonia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    sosa have a great potencial,he needs more playing time

11. Hendrik

Hendrik Member+

Aug 27, 2005
    Deutschland
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  12. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Podolski: Cologne, Cologne, Cologne....here I come!

Rensing: Bu....Bu...I'm the next Oli...:(

13. humin12

humin12 Member+

Sep 20, 2008
    Ferguson, Missouri
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Who's the one on the right? Mueller?

14. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Badstuber

15. Equilibrium

Equilibrium Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    None of your busines
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I find it funny how you enjoy seeing Rensing suffer, than I imagine that you want as his successor which ruins the entire joke.. :S

16. Syncope

Syncope New Member

Mar 28, 2002
    All he needed to do is catch some balls, not just punch them away. As a goalie it's OK to be risk-averse, but it's better to show skill and confidence. Since it's the most important position in the team, I don't feel too bad that Klinsi [finally] made an executive decision. Rensing had enough opportunity to prove himself. I never felt that Rensing owned the penalty box. Sadly, he wasn't helped by poor defending, but that was also his chance to really earn the spot.

17. Equilibrium

Equilibrium Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    None of your busines
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    True, I still he would of gotten another chance next season. He would have less pressure due to the team having more quality and slowly more time to master how to grab balls :)s).. Guess he was just never going to be a master at grabbing balls...

18. shealygg

shealygg Member

Jul 5, 2008
    South Carolina
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    No, but his buddy sitting next to him sure is......:D

19. eissman

eissman Member+

Feb 5, 2004
    Illinois
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    PLEASE tell me that is a water bottle!!!

20. KyleS8

KyleS8 Member

Jun 3, 2008
    Kanada
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Looks like that water bottle is a little cold.;)

21. shealygg

shealygg Member

Jul 5, 2008
    South Carolina
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    That's a pretty interesting photo when you stop to think about it.....either the guy was across the pitch (with nothing and no one in between) with a big-a$$ lens, or was standing directly in front of them nearly on the pitch...it looks to me (by the expressions on Poldi's and Rensing's faces) that the photog was standing right there and that they're none too pleased with his choice of photos to snap....oh well.....play well and play hard and you're not bench fodder I guess....:rolleyes:

And I'm not sure who or what ball-grabber pucker boy is doing???? I'm guessing he's the player called up from the reserves? Or either I just am not recognizing the face for some reason....

22. Equilibrium

Equilibrium Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    None of your busines
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I don't think they were right there. They were probably on the other side of the field. With big lenses, that shouldn't be too difficult.

23. KyleS8

KyleS8 Member

Jun 3, 2008
    Kanada
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I'll go with EQ on this one. He is the photography expert after all.

24. KFofB

KFofB Member

Oct 31, 2007
    Mittelfeld
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    sosa's "created chances" were toe-pokes. weak defensive effort as well.

not gonna cut it against the big boys.

he does seem to have decent pace, however.

25. footyfan1

footyfan1 BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Again, did you ever think Rensing might have been part of the cause of the "poor defending?"

What you guys consider "poor defending" makes me laugh my ass off.

"Piss Poor Defending" is Hannover this season.

"Poor Defending" would be the likes of Frankfurt, Bochum, Cottbus, etc.

You guys are still top five in the league in goals against. "Poor Defending?"

Give me a f#cking break.......