PBP: (BL: Week 27) FC Bayern München vs Eintracht Frankfurt [R]

Discussion in 'Bayern Munich' started by Hendrik, Apr 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. terrypk1

terrypk1 Member

Jan 13, 2008
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    exit the champions league..no way. LET"S FIGHT HARD AND BE IN THE GAME. Score 4 goals and get them into extra.

2. Raumdeuter

Raumdeuter Member+

Jan 14, 2009
    Texas
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    You mean proofs like voice recordings of the conversation between Real Madrid and Breno?

3. Boandlkramer

Boandlkramer Member+

Apr 9, 2009
    Samma Weltmeister!
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    We have an optimist. Wishful thinking on my part too, but reality is that I'd hate to see one of our team get injured just trying to save face.

Lets close this seasn out witha 22nd BL title (and CL spot) and start the 'improvements'.

Back to the OP, good game, as Schweini said though, this wasn't Barca, bt it was something that the organization and us fans desperately neded.

4. Raumdeuter

Raumdeuter Member+

Jan 14, 2009
    Texas
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    "Jürgen Klinsmann: "The team's given an excellent display, and reacted superbly to the debacle in Barcelona. It hurt a lot, and we had to make it up to our fans. It was basically done and dusted after an hour, and it turned into a gorgeous spring day. We have big plans for Tuesday night, because we want to make a fitting exit from the Champions League"

This was what our coach had to say. Make up a disgraceful outing in Nou camp by beating Frankfurt? Maybe we as fans have a bloated expectations of our team. Barcelona is too much to ask for then beating Frankfurt should make us happy and forget Barca and another failure to reach the last 4 of the CL.

5. KyleS8

KyleS8 Member

Jun 3, 2008
    Kanada
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Let's be realistic.:rolleyes:

Not trying to be a downer, but with the same team we fielded at Camp Nou we will not score 4 and concede 0 at home against BARCELONA. This isn't Sporting.:rolleyes:

6. terrypk1

terrypk1 Member

Jan 13, 2008
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    don't forget that they have let in many goals whenever they are playing away. I think they haven't won an away game this year in the champions leage...so let's pull a sporting on barca.

7. shealygg

shealygg Member

Jul 5, 2008
    South Carolina
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    "the way I am about him?" What is that supposed to mean? I only asked a simple question and this is the first time I've ever jumped into a conversation in regard to Breno.....my comment said I was curious and that's all. I sort of thought I might get an answer to my question, that's all....:cool:

8. Raumdeuter

Raumdeuter Member+

Jan 14, 2009
    Texas
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I am confused when a club requests a player to take a bone test to confirm his age. Something must be suspicious about him then. Maybe they knew something we dont know or we chose to ignore.
    I dont think this procedure(Bone test) is used for other players, why Breno
    An employer asking you to take a lie detector test before you can be employed. How does that sound

9. Duncan Idaho

Duncan Idaho Member+

Aug 19, 2005
    Germany
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

a statement of an Real official would already be enough otherwise this is media fantasy to me like 95% of the other stuff that is written

Maybe they are just a bunch of idiots?
    Maybe that is just another media hoax?
    Maybe you are fooled too easily fooled by media speculation ?
    Maybe ...

But heck, the other conspiracies (they know something that we don't) sound much better :rolleyes:
    Have you ever aksed youself if there were indeed knowing something then why the heck requestion a test? :p

10. Equilibrium

Equilibrium Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    None of your busines
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I think a brick wall would have understood this by now. The reason we have failed in CL has nothing to do with patience of young players, it has to do with the fact that Uli Hoeness is not willing to spend enough money to buy the players that the big clubs are. You mention Arsenal on your list, without knowing that it makes your list completely laughable. Arsenal, the definition of the club that has patience on their high school team. Many of their starters are very young players, players that sucked or were average, with time they grew into better players.

Chelsea paid 25-30m for players, and United payed 15m for depth players. I also don't recall 22 being the same age as 19, nor is Leeds comparable to a club like Bayern because Bayern doesn't have garbage defenders that can be easily reaplaced, at least not atm. Pique is not even a starter, why is he part of your list.. Or did you simply need more names to make up a futile list to prove something you clearly cannot understand yourself... Chiellini starts at Juve because their best players left. He sure as hell wouldn't start over Lucio and would need 1-2 more years to prove himself at the highest level to play over Demichellis currently, unless Demi keeps this average form he's shown lately. Skrtel is 24 years old, is the simple math of 24 and 22 > 19 too difficult to grasp? Not all CB grow at the same rate, there are some that start excelling at 22, some 20, some 26 (why hello Demichellis) etc. etc..

This is like a United fan wanting to make priority #1 buying a new CB when they have an amazing CB pair and a talent like Evans. Great of prioritizing.

11. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    This has been coming all season. Can't say I'm surprised.

While you are right that this opens an entire new can of worms, it is the only option available to Klinsmann in his quest to salvage the season.

If this works out and we finish the season with a European spot and possibly even the league title it would have been the right move. It is unquestionable that Butt is the better option in goal for the time being, he exudes much more confidence in his backline and isn't as prone to making mistakes as Rensing. The defense might not shape but but at least the keeper is going to be more stable for the remainder of the season and that is the short term priority.

When you face a crisis, you have to take one step at a time. A huge mess has been created and not every move made will address that mess in the long term.

Sure, it speaks volumes about Kinsmann's handling of things at Bayern but you can't walk through hot coal without getting burned.

12. shealygg

shealygg Member

Jul 5, 2008
    South Carolina
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I also wonder how much of the mess is attributed to how Klinsmann handled things versus how he was told to handle them by Uli and KHR....I'm NOT saying he's without blame so no flamers in that regard please. I just get the feeling that he hasn't been in as much control of many things as we may have believed him to be....the Podolski situation is a perfect example...he tried to sit Poldi's ass and was heavily influenced by KHR to play him under the premise that Bayern owed it to the NT to play him....:rolleyes:

13. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    You definitely have a point. We'll never know all the details but we did hear rumblings about disputes between Klinsmann and management regarding player preferences, transfer targets etc. It isn't an easy environment to come into for any strong minded coach like Klinsmann who has a certain vision and philosophy that isn't being supported or catered to 100%.

The disparity between coach and management is absolutely a factor attributing to this "crisis" we have all become so familiar with this week.

14. Syncope

Syncope New Member

Mar 28, 2002
    1. Teams like Real, Juve, Manchester earn a butt-load more money than Bayern (whether they are as well-run as Bayern is a different question; ManU is--OK, Glazer is a disaster, but the club is very well run).
    2. Even if Bayern were to bid as much, top-class players would still pick the other teams because (a) they can earn more money, (b) have a better chance of winning the CL, and (c) Italy/Spain/England have more challenging leagues.
    3. Bayern has never exhibited any ability to scout, and rarely the ability to develop young players.

15. Duncan Idaho

Duncan Idaho Member+

Aug 19, 2005
    Germany
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Is it really about that? I think this issue is more related to "who has to say what" inside the club than with actual gk quality

To early to say, but it has to be noted that in the last 2 games it was of no matter for the outcome who was inside the goal

I absolutely think that this is questionable we are here talking about Butt, who never was reknown to be world class or anywhere near of it. In his prime he was a little bit above average and this prime has already passed away otherwise Leverkusen wouldn't have axed him or Benfica wouldn't have benched him.

Right, but now we very likely will have to spend valuable assets on a new keeper and this will only complicate things than make it easier in the long run.

16. Equilibrium

Equilibrium Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    None of your busines
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    1. Bayern actually earn as much as the top 5 clubs in the world, don't kid yourself. This "Bayern doesn't earn much" excuse is nothing more than a myth that is nothing but false. The 4th most profit last year from our club in Europe, that is hardly not earning as much as other clubs. It's a myth, I'm tired of people using this excuse for Uli's misuse in the transfer business.
    2. Earn more money, not really... Have a better chance of winning the CL? .. That is debatable if Bayern is willing to get the proper players. If we do, we have as good a chance to win it as any other team. And to your last point due to prestige, players will often choose a club from the other leagues. That is true.
    3. Oh right, I guess we shouldn't even try to improve this weakness at the club. If you are not good at it, don't bother at all. That should be a new motto, don't you think?

17. Duncan Idaho

Duncan Idaho Member+

Aug 19, 2005
    Germany
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    it's not only about that is also about the 'power' issue between Hoeness vs Rummenigge vs Beckenbauer. This little episode (where Beckenbauer was shooting against Rummenigge regarding the coaching issue and Hoeness told Beckenbauer to shut up basically) before the Barca game illustrated this enough.

18. Equilibrium

Equilibrium Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    None of your busines
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I don't know how much of that is true, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if it was all true. Uli and Rummenige definitely are the types that don't know where and when to mind their own business, even if it doesn't involve them in any way.

19. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    You may be right, it also looks like a desperation/last resort kind of move.

They are probably hoping it will make a difference. Again, there isn't much calculation behind the move. Just a play by a team out of options and trying to stabilize a shaky ship.

It isn't the difference between Buffon and a reserve keeper of course but the logic could be that Butt's experience makes him a more reliable choice behind the defense. No one thinks Butt is a world beater anymore but again, out of options, desperate to fix the current situation so they'll jump on anything for a little bit of hope.

Things were never going to be easy from here on out, keeper or no keeper needed.

I don't see this as a situation that will be resolved in one transfer period.

20. Syncope

Syncope New Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Yes the team that earned $5 but made a proft of $1 is a profitable as the team that earned $10 but "only" banked $1. Still, the team with higher revenues has more spending power and less financial risk when bidding for players. The team with fewer revenues, regarldess of profitability, has to be right more often. It's called investing.

Every team is "willing to get the proper players". Few are in a dominant position to consistently do so.

I didn't even come close to making that allusion.

I have no problem with how Bayern management run the club, because they understand the business and the market place, meaning they understand where they sit in the pecking order, and don't try to be foolish. It's the only reason why Bayern are consistently successful and profitable. What's been bothersome is not recognizing the talents they did have--Jarolim, Trochowski, Hummels, Celozzi, Misimovic--but then holding on to numnuts like Lell or Ottl. Are the player they let go great? No, but not worse, and sometimes better than what's currently at Bayern. That does not speak well of development abilities.

21. makkay

makkay Member

Sep 5, 2005
    he is stupid. Butt should have never been signed because the second goalie should be good enough to replace the number one when he gets injured. Butt has sucked all his life. the best thing he has ever done was probably scoring a few penalties. how stupid? let's have his ass sacked at the end of the season. get a good coach and reinforce the team

22. humin12

humin12 Member+

Sep 20, 2008
    Ferguson, Missouri
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pecking order? You mean 'Bayern's rightful place behind the likes of Juve'? Please tell me you're not talking in terms of finance and wealth.

23. KFofB

KFofB Member

Oct 31, 2007
    Mittelfeld
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wikipedia has been shown to be on par or better than other encyclopedias.

Sosa wasn't that good today, either. Doesn't keep the ball close.

24. Syncope

Syncope New Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Appeal and revenues. I don't think I'm off base by stating that clubs like Juve, Real, and ManU have a greater appeal to worldclass players. Many of them (Juve, Real, Chelsea) have poor financials and are propped up benefactors and creative accounting. But they also generate loads of income from global merchandizing and broadcast rights. I'm not saying it's fair or rational. But it is business.

25. Duncan Idaho

Duncan Idaho Member+

Aug 19, 2005
    Germany
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Probably watched the wrong game :rolleyes: