BL MD 30: BVB - Hertha Berlin

Discussion in 'Borussia Dortmund' started by HockeytownHeel, Jun 6, 2020.

1. HockeytownHeel

HockeytownHeel Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    Jul 23, 2018
    Bürki
    LP Can Akanji
    Hakimi Witsel Delaney Guerreiro
    Sancho Hazard Brandt

2. HockeytownHeel

HockeytownHeel Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    Jul 23, 2018
    every team in contention with us dropped points so we are all but clear for Champions League play now with a win.

It would put us up 7 points and would be a monumental collapse to not have it happen.

3. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Berlin got the results since they changed their manager so they need to be taken seriously. It was already said, win today and CL qualification is almost secured.
    Hummels will be missed, the first 11 is fine otherwise. But the bench is very thin and includes several guys from the second and youth teams:
    Hitz, Balerdi, Morey, Rente, Führich, Pherai, Raschl, Reyna

On the other side, for those who wanted to see more of underused players like Balerdi and Morey, today they are the first option from the bench for their positions.

4. HockeytownHeel

HockeytownHeel Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    Jul 23, 2018
    TOday would have been the day to start Reyna... Favre just has no clue about personnel. The time he started Reyna (and got injured) did not seem like the day to do it. Then today he has that chance and instead shows us this lineup. Delaney really concerns me at times. He is just so slow and lumbering out there.

5. Oliseh

Oliseh Member

Borussia Dortmund
    Croatia
    Nov 29, 2019
    Damn we need another back up striker in summer, you cant depend on only 1 natural forward..
    We look so undangerous up front.. No threat at all..
    I would put Hakimi at ST and just try to find open holes and spacea for his speed, he has a very solid finishing..

6. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Pretty boring game so far. Only a few good scenes when we played fast. It wasn't that different last week. Only a goal helps to open up the game.

7. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Good chance for Sancho and then a wasted 3 against 1 situation for us that really should have led to a goal.
    But it's better than the first half so far.

8. Oliseh

Oliseh Member

Borussia Dortmund
    Croatia
    Nov 29, 2019
    Wow that decision from Brandt was awful

9. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Can 1:0. Finally a well executed attack.

10. HockeytownHeel

HockeytownHeel Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    Jul 23, 2018
    He redeemed himself with that ball for Can

11. Oliseh

Oliseh Member

Borussia Dortmund
    Croatia
    Nov 29, 2019
    Sancho is by far our most important and most dangerous player in the whole squad

12. Oliseh

Oliseh Member

Borussia Dortmund
    Croatia
    Nov 29, 2019
    Did you notice that Akanji looks a lot better after the break?
    He doesnt look so insecure any more, he is really solid..
    I still think he is a good defender, maybe not a WC centre back but he can be that solid/good 3th option in any team, like Santana in the Klopp era

13. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Yes, Akanji really showed his technical skills today. Nice dribbles and precise passing that is offensive minded.

14. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    It looks as if our offense died as soon as Brandt got subbed.

15. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Somewhere in English Arrogance land
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    What’s going on with handball decisions in Germany? Can’t remember who is was against when Can was penalised for a handball harshly imo and then I’ve seen at least two handball decisions go against Dortmund, one today and one against Bayern when they didn’t give them and they were softer decisions imo, just seems strange.

16. HockeytownHeel

HockeytownHeel Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    Jul 23, 2018
    luckily that should do it. Im not sure all three of the others could overtake us for CL play. But man it would be sad and funny if it happened. Bye bye favre

17. Oliseh

Oliseh Member

Borussia Dortmund
    Croatia
    Nov 29, 2019
    The good thing is that after the break our defense looks a lot better and secure, i mean in last 5 games we only concede 2 goals and we played against Bayern, Schalke, Wfl, Hertha...

18. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    It's pretty much what I think Can said last week to the ref regarding the penalty: You just decide whatever you want.
    That is more or less the current state: A matter of individual interpretation.

19. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Somewhere in English Arrogance land
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Yeah, seems like that from what I’ve seen. Very harsh on your team especially the decision against Can and then the one against Bayern which should had probably resulted in a draw rather than a loss. Fortunately it didn’t cost you in the game today.

20. Alex C

Alex C Member+

Oct 27, 2015
    Chatham
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Yes I agree, much improved. He showed last season he has ability, think he has refound some confidence now and looks a lot better again. I hope he stays at the club, he is still fairly young for a CB and still has room to improve.

21. BvB_Peon

BvB_Peon Member

Apr 14, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Well I wouldn't count that goal against Paderborn for that non-penalty play. We really gave one goal to Bayern nothing against the rest... But the thinnest of the bench is scaring me. But then again we don't need much to secure that second place...

22. Oliseh

Oliseh Member

Borussia Dortmund
    Croatia
    Nov 29, 2019
    I cant erase that 3 conceded goals in the 1th half against Paderborn and how did LF survive that?
    I was 100% sure he is going to be sacked after that game + that other bad games before that...

But when i look back at the season, Freiburg last minute own goal, Franfkurt last minute own goal, Paderborn amazing home fail, shock against Union, how did we not smash RBL in that home game, that Leverkusen defeat in the end, we were 1:0 ahead in Hoffenheim in the last 10 minutes, we lost 1:2...

Ok you cant have luck in every single game, but imagine just half of this games we should have won and how many points is that..

My God i cant help myself we would win the league this year with some better coach

23. astrophyz

astrophyz Member

Sep 23, 2016
    Boston, USA
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Egypt
    That's a good indication that in terms of players we're on par with Bayern.

Just need a coach who can bring in strong mentality and who is able to make in-game changes when things are not working.

24. BvB_Peon

BvB_Peon Member

Apr 14, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund

Agreed, and now the dreadful idea we may have to relive this again next year because we manager CL...