BL MD 28: BVB - Bayern

Discussion in 'Borussia Dortmund' started by hava, May 26, 2020.

1. Oliseh

Oliseh Member

Borussia Dortmund
    Croatia
    Nov 29, 2019
    We are lacking of winning mentality and some people think that comes from players.. NO
    That is coming from the coach and the coaching stuff
    And i am sure Sancho is gone in summer 99%, i would say for 100M£ + some smaller add ons, i am sure of that..
    So we are basically back at zero again..

BvB_Peon repped this.
  2. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    I'd say we can start planning for the next season but should Haaland have a serious injury, then that could really hurt. We better make sure to qualify for the CL first. After this matchday, our cushion could get reduced to two points.
    So, forget the title, the next 4 games until Leipzig are must wins.

3. Alex C

Alex C Member+

Oct 27, 2015
    Chatham
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Watching Favre on the touch line in the second half, the guy hardly looks like he is inspiring the players. Every big game the team just lacks the belief and intensity needed, these are mental traits that can be affected by the coach.

4. BvB_Peon

BvB_Peon Member

Apr 14, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Agreed.. Keeping Favre at winter break was where the season was done for me. Keeping him another year would mean a great exodus of talent if it's not already too late...

hava repped this.
  5. astrophyz

astrophyz Member

Sep 23, 2016
    Boston, USA
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Egypt
    In terms of this one game, I feel the players gave everything. Some were not at their top level, and we could have used some smarter decisions in the final third, but in general, they played well and weren't afraid of Bayern like in past games.

Agreed that the season was lost before this game. This game was a remote chance to regain it, but it didn't happen.

The good news is that I don't think there is any reason now to keep Favre. He's good with all the preparations and tactics that happen before the game, but he sucks for the 90 minutes of the game. I don't think that cuts it.

Player wise..

I thought Dahoud and Delaney performed great given that their like 3rd and 4th in line in this center mid positions. They were so confident on the ball.

Brandt was good. The only reason I could imagine he was subbed is that he was running too much. But I would have kept him for 10 more minutes.

Hakimi and Sancho --our most talented-- were a bit underwhelming. Although I disagree with @Oliseh that this signals that Sancho's leaving. I think he'll realize that BVB is the best place for him next season.

Defense stood out. Great performance by the 3 CBs. Guerreiro good game as well.

Gotze... he's bad AND he's rusty. That ball he got in the box, while facing the goal, no one around him, at pace.. it's just instinct to put your foot in it and direct it to goal. Instead he passes it back :| Good luck in his next club!

hava repped this.
  6. HockeytownHeel

HockeytownHeel Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    Jul 23, 2018

Eff Gotze, he left us and came back costing us money. I swear I dont want us taking players back that leave us. It makes us seem small time. If they leave for those turds at Bayern then ******** them. Let em wallow in that misery on their own. Never ever give money to those ass ********s at Bayern

7. HockeytownHeel

HockeytownHeel Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    Jul 23, 2018
    seeing the replay of Haalands shot, how in the ******** did we not get a penalty when he blocked that shot with his elbow intentionally???? GD i hate officials when Bayern is playing.

8. Blueberry_night

Blueberry_night Member+

Apr 5, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Frankly speaking what more shocking is Haaland right in front of the action and he didn't look care to complain at all.

9. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    said it like 3 years ago in the Dortmund thread that Burki is such an iffy GK and got tons of flack for it, lol. Still don't rate him, neither he nor Delaney are Dortmund level. A lot of players at Dortmund aren't really Dortmund level or more like what they should aspire to be at. So not surprising about yet another trophy less season.

everyone at Bayern, Kimmich/Muller etc are all saying they were targeting chips because they knew Burki and that was the winner......

hava and Alex C repped this.
  10. astrophyz

astrophyz Member

Sep 23, 2016
    Boston, USA
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Egypt
    It should have been reviewed. It's so weird it wasn't.

11. Alex C

Alex C Member+

Oct 27, 2015
    Chatham
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Exactly, that chip would never have gone in vs Neuer for example.

I'm surprised that there was no VAR. Haaland should have appealed for it though, often the reaction of players helps push the officials to take a look. The players reactions were all passive. Kick up more of a fuss and that gets checked, no doubt.

12. Jiri Havran

Jiri Havran Member

Apr 8, 2016
    Oslo
    Club:
    Shanxi Baorong
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    I was expecting worse. Surprised by the pace first 15-20 minutes, usually it’s the opposite. Honour to LF for that, but I want him fired anyway. Think the best man on the pitch was Alphonso Davies, by far. What a beast!
    Before we wished Bayer and BMG take points from Bayern, now it must be the other way around. We are 4 points ahead and still have RBL away plus Hoffenheim, Hertha and others capable to take points from us.
    As to VAR, there was a penalty situation in Frankfurt and possible red card in Leverkusen too. Maybe they had a day off yesterday

13. KringelCar

KringelCar New Member

Real Madrid
    Jan 30, 2019
  14. HockeytownHeel

HockeytownHeel Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    Jul 23, 2018