BL MD 25: Gladbach - BVB

Discussion in 'Borussia Dortmund' started by hava, Mar 7, 2020.

1. Oliseh

Oliseh Member

Borussia Dortmund
    Croatia
    Nov 29, 2019
    A player like Jadon comes 1 on a decade.. He is so special, his every touch is dangerous. If he choose the next club right, he will be top 5 players in the world, but if he choosw United od som like that, i dont see him at the top

2. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Can you elaborate on what you feel sets Reyna apart? To me it seems that he has not only great technique and good athleticism, but also very precise execution and clear intent with every movement and touch. Favre is usually restrained with praise for individuals but he can hardly keep from drooling all over the microphone every time Gio’s name comes up, or bringing him on with 10 minutes to defend a 2-1 lead away. The coach keeps bringing up the assist against PSG, which looked uncomplicated visually at first viewing - perhaps it takes something special to execute that play perfectly from start to finish, at his stage of development.

3. HockeytownHeel

HockeytownHeel Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    Jul 23, 2018
    I told people early on that Reyna was certainly going to be more special than Pulisic and Im not taking shots at Pulisic there.

Reyna has much better technical skill, sees the field better and is light years ahead of most his own age.. Will that translate to future? Im not sure. Some people regress, some people have others catch up and some people fail to develop much further. Its such a crap shoot but I know that his father is very much involved in his development much like Halaands. I think Reyna will have a great career but who knows if he will ever be on another level but he doesnt have to be either. He can just be like a Reus and I am perfectly happy, and I dont consider Reus to be world class but just a great competitor and teammate.

4. Oliseh

Oliseh Member

Borussia Dortmund
    Croatia
    Nov 29, 2019
    Reus is not WC as he is considered most of the time..
    He is just too inconsistent, 1 game he plays amazing and then 2 he doesnt exist on the pitch..
    The thing i dont like thr most when it comes to Reus is his mentality, which is everything except winning..

5. HockeytownHeel

HockeytownHeel Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    Jul 23, 2018
    I didnt say that Reus was world class but the team needs players of his ilk who actually love being here too. You cant build a team of nothing but world class players because most of the time you need players who are just solid contributors or players who defer to others. A team of World Class players dont typically play together unless you think you are Barca and even they dont win the CL every year. I wouldnt even go far to say that Liverpool is made up of entirely world class players in their starting Xi either.. Id say they are world class together. That was my sole point that Reyna doesnt have to be world class he just has to be good for Dortmund and enjoy being here.

6. TimBenneth

TimBenneth Member

Borussia Dortmund
    Uruguay
    May 10, 2017
    Reus IS world class ... perhaps injuries have curtailed him from being the player he could have, but at his peak when he decided to stay with Dortmund, I would have easily placed him in the top 5-10 players in European Football. I think memory fades u ... : )