BL MD 14: BVB - Düsseldorf

Discussion in 'Borussia Dortmund' started by hava, Dec 7, 2019.

1. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Büki
    LP Akanji Zagadou
    Hakimi Brandt Witsel Guerreiro
    Sancho Reus
    Hazard

2. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Reus 1:0. I hope we can win this game. Düsseldorf are a team of real cunts. Late and dangerous tackles but much theatre if there is soft contact against them.

3. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Decent first half but it's hard to play against a team parking the bus. But when we play fast, we beat them easily. We almost carried the ball into the goal with nice one-touch football shortly before the half.
    Brandt is still having a bit too many imprecisions but you can tell that he is enjoying his role in midfield. His technique and runs are nice to watch.

4. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    2:0 Hazard.
    Brandt involved in both goals and the Sancho goal that got called back.

5. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    3:0 Sancho. That was some nice football together with Reus.

6. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    #6 hava, Dec 7, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2019
    Game ends 5:0. It looks as if Favre has found his formation and I like it. But I think the 4 in the middle are crucial. For example, we need Hakimi and Guerreiro for that system and with different players it might not work. It feels like a long time ago that we dominated a game from start to finish. That was close to torture for Düsseldorf in the second half. The next weeks will show whether it's only the system or whether Düsseldorf were just really bad. There was one moment in defense where I got a bit scared because I only saw our 3 CBs and what used to be the FBs were missing even though Düsseldorf weren't attacking fast.

Needless to say, the offense worked today and this time everyone was good. Reus was much better and played with confidence.
    Zagadou was barely tested but I liked his play and I hope he won't leave. If Favre plays with 3 CB, he should get more chances even when Hummels returns.

astrophyz repped this.
  7. Jiri Havran

Jiri Havran Member

Apr 8, 2016
    Oslo
    Club:
    Shanxi Baorong
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    What happened to the team? They haven’t played so good since last autumn. MOTM Brandt. Hoped to see Morey too, maybe against Slavia

8. BvB_Peon

BvB_Peon Member

Apr 14, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    I really liked the intensity the team put in this one. I'd like to think that we should always approach the game this way, especially against these weaker teams. First shot on goal came at around the 40th minute for Düsseldorf. Probably the best game of the season. I'd say the opposition was a bit easy but since we have a tendency to lose point against easy opposition, I'll give credit to the team instead for a well deserved win.

9. astrophyz

astrophyz Member

Sep 23, 2016
    Boston, USA
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Egypt
    Yes! Completely agree. I'd even add that they should start all games (when available and not too tired,) regardless of the system. They're our best FB's and they provide so much going forward. Schultz doesn't have the chemistry Guerreiro has with the other players, and Hakimi is our man of the season so far IMO. (not a great game from him though, today)

I really liked our play today. I think Favre should stick with this system against Prague. They are a good team to try it again, as they'll probably be tougher than Dusseldorf. So we can try this system on tougher and tougher opponents.

Brandt in the center! I think half of us here on the forum have been asking for that since like the 3rd week of the season! haha