BL Match 8: VfB Stuttgart vs FC Köln, Oct 13 [R]

Discussion in 'VfB Stuttgart' started by el americano, Oct 26, 2017.

1. el americano

el americano Moderator
    Staff Member

United States
    Jun 9, 2006
    San Francisco
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    VfB Stuttgart vs FC Köln
    Bundesliga
    Saturday, October 13, 8:30 PM
    Mercedes-Benz Arena

Injured:
    Gentner (VfB)

Referee: Benjamin Cortus

TV:
    Fox Sports 2, 11:30AM PST 2:30PM EST
    VfBTV after the match

I'm late with this update. I didn't expect too much excitement from FC Köln, but they were attacking, although we looked the better team. Anastasios Donis got his first goal with the club. The defender looked to have pushed him off the ball as he got through, but he struck it as he fell and bounced it past the keeper. We missed a few chances after that, but it seemed it wouldn't matter. Then an Akolo give away put them on the break. We seemed to get back, but a defender found some space on the edge of the box. He curled a beauty into the upper side netting. A defender hit that? What a bad break. It seemed the last bad break would be ours as well. We were called for a penalty in the 88th minute when the attacker was the one who initiated the contact. Blown call, but it went to video review. The TV ref saved us from that fate. I was still thanking the gods for one point when Akolo made a run down the middle in late stoppage time. A slight deflection wrong footed the keeper and the miracle 3 points were ours.

Winoman repped this.
  2. Winoman

Winoman Drinkin' Wine Spo-De-O-De!

Jul 26, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks for posting! I didn't see the match live, but only the last 15 minutes or so on a repeat. That was absolutely crazy!

el americano repped this.