BL: BVB vs. Bayern Crooks

Discussion in 'Borussia Dortmund' started by bvbSlash, Nov 8, 2018.

1. podrinje

podrinje Member+

Borussia Dortmund
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Oct 10, 2013
    Bay Area!
    Club:
    Alemannia Aachen
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    LP had a very difficult performance (if not dreadful) in the first half against Ribery but the second half he picked it up big time as Ribery was a non-factor after half-time. The last 10 minutes especially was when he was on his game.

kbvb repped this.
  2. inten

inten Member

Apr 27, 2014
    Brandt’s defensive work rate is awful though.

3. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I don't get the LP hate. Admittedly father time has taken its toll but he kept their best player muzzled. Both he and Sancho improved in the 2 half.

Yes, Julian Brandt defends like an amateur league player. Do watch him today.

4. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Too bad it was just beer.

1061343769759498242 is not a valid tweet id

5. Boandlkramer

Boandlkramer Member+

Apr 9, 2009
    Samma Weltmeister!
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    The first half....[emoji35]

You all could have ran away with this match

I asked this earlier, what happened to Pulisic? Is he no longer first choice?

6. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    I know it's terrible as is his fitness. The concern I have with him is whether it is a biological issue or whether he has never just gotten into shape. I personally think it's the latter unless anyone knows more. He often has a belly. A hard training camp in the winter might get him into the proper shape he needs. He is at a crossroads in his career. Either he dedicates himself to becoming the best he can be or he ends up a midtable Bundesliga.

As for LP, there is no hate. He is 33 and gives everything he has for the club. He pushes himself to the limit and without doubt is a club legend. Yesterday, he was absolutely destroyed by Ribery and could have been at fault for 3 or so goals in the first half alone. He did better in the second half, but he still allowed too many crosses to come in. In my opinion we are going to need Hakimi at right back in the CL knock outs.

7. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Yes he is. But was injured and played a lot of min recently. His form has declined recently, however.

Also what's up with Hummels? Said in the interview that he's sick. Suggested that he subbed himself out because he wasn't feeling it. Looked fine to me. Man flu I guess.

8. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    These stats should put you in your place.

Lukasz Piszczek vs. Bayern

30/35 passes
    86% pass completion
    6 ball recoveries
    1 chance created
    4 tackles
    3 interceptions
    100% clearances completed
    4/4 aerial duels won
    1 blocked cross
    1 blocked shot
    1 assist

9. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  10. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    LP and Sancho had their trouble in defense but it's also noteworthy that both goals and Lewa's second offside goal came from our left side. That is not all on Hakimi and rather on him and Bruun Larsen not working together effectively due to a lack of experience. Bruun Larsen's defense showed some promising aspects in previous games but yesterday, he didn't defend well.

In that regard, I'm pleasantly surprised that Sancho has improved his contribution to the defense considerably the last few games. I don't expect him to win one on ones or win back balls lin defense (which he did for the 3:2) but he did make real progress there this season by just being another pass blocker or nuisance which is really important to slow down the opponent's wing.

chewz, eaglespark and Scheherazade repped this.
  11. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    Pass completion means little if you are passing backwards and putting the team in danger.

Those stats don't also mention how he gave Ribery far too much space and was beaten far too easily or all the crosses he let come in. The first half especially was a truly terrible performance.

To his credit he picked it up in the second half, but overall it was still not good enough. I really, really like LP and I am full of praise when he rewinds the clock like against Atletico in the home game, but yesterday was not such a night.
    Agreed and the first goal especially was due to poor communication, but Hakimi should have gone out too him I felt. The second goal was mostly due to Larsen and his poor tracking. I would say Larsen had a poor game.

It was really by pure chance that most of the goals came down the right. Ribery could have finished us off in the first half.
    I fully agree with this. I mentioned before, it has a lot to do with watching Reus. If I am not mistaken Reus once again covered the most ground yesterday. When you see the captain and star player working so hard it begins to rub off. Sancho wants to be the best. He still needs a lot more physical courage, but it's very promising.

12. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    He would have probably come on at some point but i think Favre needed to change the midfield and put Dahoud in first to replace Weigl at the half and then Delany for a winger to shore up the center of the field. Those two subs kept CP on the bench.

13. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    At the moment I would say Burki, Akanji, Witsel, Reus and possibly Hakimi are the guaranteed starters for every game. Sancho and Alcacer will probably start most games. Then the likes of Zagadou, DIallo, LP, Schmelzer, Delaney, Dahoud depends on form.]

Pulisic has had a poor season and currently is in the cycle the rotation/dropped cycle with Larsen and Raphael.None of those three have done enough to merit a regular first team spot.

14. Boandlkramer

Boandlkramer Member+

Apr 9, 2009
    Samma Weltmeister!
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Apparently you got your wish. [emoji23][emoji23]

We suck this year. A scrappy title win wouldn’t force Bayern to make wholesale changes. IJS

This one may have to hurt

15. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Didn't Uli say "der zweite Schritt des Umbruchs findet im Sommer statt".

Makes me wonder what the first step was.

16. Boandlkramer

Boandlkramer Member+

Apr 9, 2009
    Samma Weltmeister!
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    He’s one or two seasons too late...

Bringing him back was an emotional and illogical decision. Sammer left upon his return and Lahm wasn’t interested in a FO job...

17. HockeytownHeel

HockeytownHeel Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    Jul 23, 2018

At the time of the match , I think it was the correct decision.. we didnt need a goal.

18. Scheherazade

Scheherazade Member

Jun 4, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund

Fluctuating form is normal. At his age his attitude and mentality shouldn't be questioned if he is benched, it's a lot of pressure. Sancho is not his competition, the question is why he is not challenging Brunn Larsen to start on the left.

19. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Must be a despicable person.

He met with Hummels personally to convince him to leave BVB. Asked for forgiveness from his dad.

I have heard a lot about how intelligent he is but his methods are outdated. You cannot financially strong arm direct opposition anymore. Besides Aki has smartened up too.

20. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    LOL So Pep is coming back to Bayern (he is at Bayern HQ today)?! I guess its a win win for them. Pep gets the hell away from a potential jail sentence. While Bayern get to solve their coaching crisis.

21. Raumdeuter

Raumdeuter Member+

Jan 14, 2009
    Texas
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Pep signed a contract extension with City so he is not coming back to Bayern.

maybe inputs on a Kovac replacement.

My thoughts: Bayern is looking for a Kovac replacement to resume in the summer and start the rebuild, They have a couple of guys in mind and need Pep's input. This guy needs to be decided on early so he can start German lessons before unveiling July 1.

Maybe I am hoping its Leo Jardim?

22. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    So why do they need to do that in person? A phone call should suffice. Are Uli and Kalle too afraid to go anywhere after the Bierdusche?

Also Pep signed the contract extension BEFORE football leaks. So thats a null argument.

23. Boandlkramer

Boandlkramer Member+

Apr 9, 2009
    Samma Weltmeister!
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Pep is probably consulting with the FO on prospective players and coaches. Bayern still values his input.

24. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Yeah I get that. But why cant they do that over the phone.

And why is your FO so hell bent on getting players for free? Do they think everybody is a Lewandowski?

Also Arsenal is still run by a bunch of idiots.