BL 05/06 R26 Borussia Dortmund - Kaiserslautern [R]

Discussion in 'Borussia Dortmund' started by jonam, Mar 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. footyfan1

footyfan1 BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Buckley also played well before the winter break. He's the one guy I think only needs one goal and he won't stop scoring after that.

2. lemons

lemons Member

United States
    Nov 20, 2004
    Club:
    Atlanta United FC
    Not "happy", but optimistic. :)

3. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

OK. I just can't say that.

4. jonam

jonam Member

Aug 27, 2003
    Westfalenstadion

Boy, did we waste chances in the first half. Shots on goal by half time were 20-2 in BVB's favour!?!? We had to take the lead by half time by AT LEAST 3 goals....could easily have been 5 or even 6 goals. Lautern were just so ************. The second half was a different story and FCK performed how a BL side should do. Still more than deserved win.

5. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Agree, but we need to solve this goal-scoring problem. We will never move up until we start scoring goals and playing with some attitude.

This is why I keep bringing up 'The HSV Guy' on the e-mail list.

He may not be 'THE ANSWER', but I think we need someone like him.

We aren't going to get better by adding inexperience to inexperience.

6. jonam

jonam Member

Aug 27, 2003
    Westfalenstadion
    Even without strikers – three points for BVB!
    Borussia Dortmund gave new hope to their dream of playing UEFA cup next season. After a series of miserable matches, BVB is back on track. Though the result could have been more like 6-1, no one cared after the final whistle. This result was just so damn needed.

source: http://www.schwatzgelb.com/redirect.php3?target=artikel.php3?welcher=1740

7. ohk4

ohk4 Member

Jun 22, 2003
    Well, I thourougly enjoyed my time at the stadium on Saturday. I came in Saturday and my buddy picked up at the station. We dropped my stuff off at his place and then went to meet his friends in front of Bürgermeister Lindemann. From there we walked to the stadium. I didn't have a ticket at the time, but nobody seemed to worried about it. And it wasn't a problem as I was able to rent for €5 a season ticket from somebody who couldn't make the game for whatever reason.
    There were about six of us and we all made our way up to the top of the Südtribune. They are all over 30 and have slowly but surely moved up the stands through the years. We were actually in the very back row, which is where the beer guy (DAB) regularily walks by. It was almost like a VIP lounge up there. What service.
    Despite being up in the nosebleed section, the view of the field was nonetheless very good. Dortmund attacked away from us the first half and I was amazed at how fast Odonkor. That poor left back for Klautern never had a chance. And yes they should have scored a bunch of goals.
    The second half was a little slower but the game winner was sweet, and everybody seemed to be impressed that Buckley FINALLY had a half-way decent game.
    In closing, I am enjoyed my first trip to the Westfallenstadion and recommend it to everyone who hasn't done it yet.
    Tomorrow I will be there for the USA game and am looking forward to it as well.

PS Kronen and Thier are good, solid beers but I especially like Hövels Bitterbier.

8. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Good deal bro!! If I can get my butt back there in time, I intend to be there for BVB v. FCN on 22 April.

9. The Old Lady Hertha

The Old Lady Hertha New Member

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Hmmm sounds like another diversion away from Kobenhavn for me. :D

10. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Footy, you going there on business or just to watch the game ? Or early for the WC?

11. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I'm going back to Deutschland to work and live for the next three to five years....... :D

I'll be working in Garmisch-Partenkirchen. Meaning, while I'm a Dortmund fan, I'll be almost seven hours from Dortmund by car and only one hour from the Allianz Arena.

Great World Cup timing, eh??! :)

12. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Wow.....that sounds awesome man...you're going to be so much closer to the action than living in San Ant.....but I'm sure you'd take BVB over the Spurs anyday :D

What line of work are you if I may be so curious?

13. jonam

jonam Member

Aug 27, 2003
    Westfalenstadion

The chancellor job will be available soon, I heard. ;-)

14. Hypo-Luxa

Hypo-Luxa New Member

Oct 13, 2002
    Austin,TX
    Wow! Congratulations on the move! I know you've been looking forward to it for awhile now. Hope you'll still be providing us Non-Deutsche speaking Yank's the match reports...

I'm moving too! But just to Dallas...not nearly as exciting...

15. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I'm a Department of the Army Civilian worker. Basically a civil servant. But, since I work for the Army, I can work all over the world.

16. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I'll wait for Dr. Rauball's job, thank you very much!!! LOL!! :D