BL 05/06 R25 VfB Stuttgart- Borussia Dortmund [R]

Discussion in 'Borussia Dortmund' started by jonam, Mar 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jonam

jonam Member

Aug 27, 2003
    Westfalenstadion
    I have no real hope that we will be able to get a draw at least. To me this match looks like VfB will beat us 1-0. :-(

2. Vfbstuttgartfan

Aug 3, 2004
    Stuttgart
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    Hello Dortmunder :)

I'm looking forward to the match tomorrow, it should be really exciting as we are two teams competing for the same thing.

I am confident that we can win, our form is on an up, yours on a down. But i don't wanna be too optimistic, one mistake and we can pay for it.

Our good record of late against Dortmund gives me confidence though.

3. david29

david29 Member

Sep 9, 2004
    Melbourne, Australia
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Hell, given our record against Vfb I'll be happy if we even manage a goal during the 90 minutes. Hasn't it been several matches since we even scored against you guys?

Regardless, you're right to be confident going into this match. If it wasn't for the fact that it's been directly to our detriment in the league table, I'd be very pleased for your recent upturn in form. Not to mention the fact that you played the better of the football during the Uefa tie against Middlesbrough, and produced a performance at the Riverside that the likes of Chelsea, Manchester United and Roma would envy.

That said, I don't think people fear travelling to the Gottlieb-Daimler as much as a visit from your team, so that certainly offers hope. Of course we've largely been rubbish ourselves when on the road so I won't get too excited just yet. With any luck we'll at least see some entertaining football, because I fear that if there's half an hour to go and scores are level, both sides might well decide to just settle for a point.

4. Vfbstuttgartfan

Aug 3, 2004
    Stuttgart
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    My post from the Stuttgart thread :

0 - 0 v. Dortmund today.

I'm irritated, we dominated the whole match and just couldn't score!

3 times we missed on an open goal, twice Torlosson and once Gomez. I'm really nervous about Tomasson, one can tell that he has practically lost all his confidence. When he arrived, the opporrunitie he missed today he would have put in blindfolded with his legs tied, and now he just doesn't make it anymore. I agree to keep him starter as we all know that when he finds his form he'll once again be deadly, but for now, nothing's happening.

Hildebrand played a very good match, to be fair on Dortmund, they had some chances themselves such as a one-on-one and a crossbar effort and though i do think we were much better overall, they too COULD have won the game.

Gronkjaer was also very good, he's definetely improving ever since Veh is in charge, finally showing what he's worth. I have faith in Veh for now, he's definetely making us play better, it's just the winning that hasn't happened all the time and we may well be kicking ourselves for this result come the end of the season.

This result doesn't really help either side, we remain nervously infront in the uefa cup fight and for Dortmund things are gonna be very tough to get something out of this season.

5. david29

david29 Member

Sep 9, 2004
    Melbourne, Australia
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Thanks for the imput, and while I'm glad it didn't cost us too much yesterday I'm pleased some of your key players are starting to regain some confidence. God knows if you could get both Tomasson and Gronkjaer, amongst others, producing their best then all these draws might turn into some victories. But then that's hardly news to you, I suspect.

It's a bit of an indictment of how much confidence has dropped in the last few weeks, but this result didn't disappoint me too greatly. Of course I'd preferred to have grabbed a goal or two, but another blank was hardly unexpected. Simply that this game was one in which I couldn't see us pulling back any sort of deficit, and whether a Vfb goal had come in the first or the last minute, that would have killed us. Glad it didn't come to that.

6. Vfbstuttgartfan

Aug 3, 2004
    Stuttgart
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    Yeah, best of luck the rest of the season.

i see Smolarek isn't scoring too often for you guys since the winter break so maybe you know how i feel about VfB's prized attacker right now...

7. david29

david29 Member

Sep 9, 2004
    Melbourne, Australia
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Thanks, and I can honestly tell you that if isn't us that grabs that 5th Uefa Cup place come season's end, I hope that it'll be Vfb. Hertha could sure use both the cash and the morale, but with a fit and confident squad you guys could do well in Europe next season and I couldn't really say the I think the same about BSC.

8. The Double

The Double Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 11, 2002
    Denver
    From what I saw and heard the team were pretty lucky to get a point. Good result for BVB.

9. The Old Lady Hertha

The Old Lady Hertha New Member

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Probably so, but I will have to biasly disagree here. :cool:

10. david29

david29 Member

Sep 9, 2004
    Melbourne, Australia
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Lol, I should have known you'd come across that statement! No offence intended, of course, I'm actually quite fond of Hertha. They were the opponent when I attended my first Bundesliga match, the Olympiastadion is still one of the best venues I've been to anywhere in the world, and I've spent more time in Berlin than any other foreign city which cannot help but have an effect on you.

Simply that after a week that saw all five representatives of German football suffer embarrassing defeats, I'm just thinking practically, that's all. Of course, I'd be disappointed in you if you didn't disagree!

11. The Old Lady Hertha

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    haha thanks...

Nice to see Dieter did not ruin your experience. ;)

12. The Old Lady Hertha

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Saw the highlights of the match...damn was that a boring match.:p