Bit of advice please?

Discussion in 'Player' started by htafc, Jun 21, 2007.

1. htafc

htafc New Member

Dec 12, 2004
    England
    Hey everyone.

Im not sure how many of you remember me, i used to come here a lot but haven't had time and other things for quite a few months. Of course Im still playing football reguarly (sorry, soccer ;) )

For those who don't remember, I've always been quite a good goal keeper, and although I am quite small I've always gotten by.

For the past few seasons I've played outfield more and more, playing for a 3rd division side but really just being on the fringes of the team, either starting the match and coming of mid way through the second half, or starting as a sub and getting the second half.

So, a couple of months ago I came to the conclusion that i might want to give being a goalie a second try and have been playing in net quite a lot recently and starting to get back in form again, as this was where I was best and got most recognition.

Then today one of my best friends came up to me and asked if I'd start next season with his team, as they have no keeper. Last season they were in division 4, but won by 19 points so have been promoted 2 divions, to division 2.

So I'm not sure, I've made loads of friends at my current team, even though when i first joined there i only knew a couple of lads, and ive been there for a season and a half.

The only arrangements that I've made so far is that I'm going to try and get down to a few pre seasons trainign sessions with the new team because they start training a month or two earlier in the pre season.

So... what would you do in my situation?

Sorry about how long that was!

2. Skizz

Skizz Guest

Welcome back fella :)

The question you need to ask yourself is this - are you happy playing outfield and coming on/off as the current situation is, or do you want to go back to playing goalkeeper, and test yourself in a higher division? A poser but nonetheless you come up with the answer and you're there.

Me personally I hate being in a comfort zone. The longest I've stayed with a club is three years, and I've just left them as I feel I've improved as much as I can playing with them. Moving teams means you have to improve and test yourself, and doing that at a higher level is good. Your friends at your current club will understand you leaving, especially if you start every week for this new team. I would say go and train with them for a few weeks, see if you like the setup and the players, then make your decision from there. I would go to the other team, but then again that's just me. Only you can make the decision that is right for yourself, and don't let anybody else influence that.

Let us know what you decide, and get posting more!! :)

3. coppa

coppa New Member

Aug 21, 2005
    Downingtown, PA
    I would go. Better competition, more playing time, etc. Sounds best for you.

4. Karma

Karma New Member

Jul 10, 2007
    If you feel like giving it a try back in the net.. go for it. Life's too short for regrets.
    :)