Birmingham vs BRFC and other final day matches [R]

Discussion in 'Blackburn Rovers' started by Rex Kramer, May 7, 2008.

1. Rex Kramer

Rex Kramer Thanks Rex

Aug 1, 2007
    Plano, TX
    After the draw with ManU I (and, I imagine, a hell of a lot of other people) thought our slim Europe hopes were dead. How much a week can change things! Intertoto is still Villa's to lose, but hopefully the boys will be going all out to take it off them.

I don't remember the last time so much was still up for grabs on the final day of the season. While the Champions League places are decided and Derby are officially the worst team ever, the title is still up for grabs, Villa can still snatch UEFA cup away from Everton, one of Everton, Villa, Rovers and Portsmouth can claim the Intertoto cup place (Everton did apply, right?), and two of the relegation slots are still to be filled.

In the Intertoto matches, only West Ham have nothing to play for - Rovers v Birmingham should be a cracker, and Pompey v Fulham may be too, though I expect Pompey will have at least one eye on the FA Cup Final instead. Hopefully West Ham won't have their eyes on their summer holidays and do us a favour...

So, predictions?
    I can't see ManU slipping up, they've just been too good lately, and I think Everton should hold Villa off for UEFA. I think we get the win, but so do Villa (though I really hope not) and Birmingham and Reading go down. Even if Reading manage to win, I can't see them turning around the +11 goal difference on Bolton so they're fine, even facing Chelsea. Fulham's on a tear just lately and Portsmouth have a better chance of Europe with FA Cup glory so I think Fulham get a win too.

2. dring1

dring1 New Member

Jul 4, 2003
    radcliffe, manch uk
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    portsmouth did not apply for the intertoto. not sure about everton as in one of the programmes it says they have not applied, but on rovers official forum plenty of people say they have. i am going to birmingham as i have managed to get tickets . just hope we get that intertoto and send big club down at the same time. only thing is will properably have to leg it back to the car after to save getting my arse kicked after we send them down.

3. Revelian

Revelian Member

Jul 7, 2003
    Midgar
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Good luck with not getting your arse kicked. I'll be rooting for you at 16:45, from the comfort of my couch. :D

Regarding the title race, I don't care who wins out of ManUre and Chelski, as I'll get to see either Ronaldo or Drogba crying - quids in. Same thing for the Champions League final too, really. Double trouble! :)

I know we can beat Brum, and send them down. We just need to keep a cool head throughout the match. Birmingham will be organised from the get-go, but as the match progresses, if it remains a draw, they'll become increasingly erratic, and will end up sending defenders up front to camp in our third. We just need to control the game until that point, then let J-Rob, and Father Christmas do the rest.

I can't see West Ham doing anyone any favours - especially as they're captained by that useless pile of mascara-wearing toss known as Lucas "I'm outta here - where's my money?" Neill.

Overall, we've done really well this season, so even if the Blues give us a last-day kicking, you won't see me bitching about our beloved team. That would be a refreshing change, I'm sure.

Revelian

4. BlackburnRover

BlackburnRover New Member

Sep 10, 2007
    M6
    Not really bothered about the title race either. Out of the two I'd probably like Manure to win just to see what Roman does if they win nothing again, and Manure play the better football. So I'd go for Manure there, in both competitions (spit;)).

Relegation, I'd like to see big club and Fulham go down. Big club for obvious reasons, Fulham, no real reason other than the promotion rivalry and I like Coppel, and dislike Woy. I think Fulham will scrape to safety though.

I think the same about Sunday, if we can hold out against the early onslaught we should stand a good chance of winning. Not sure about West Ham though, although it is their last game at home so they should be putting in a bit of effort. Whatever happens we've had a good season after a few dodgy patches and even if Villa win, sending big club down will make up for missing out on Europe.

Good luck dring, get your head down and leg it to the car. At least you're not going on the train, when I was trying to get a ticket I wasn't looking forward to hanging round the station after with my accent if we'd sent them down.

5. Revelian

Revelian Member

Jul 7, 2003
    Midgar
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Has anyone noticed how Roy Hodgson sounds just like Terry Tibbs from Fonejacker?

Oh, and Dring. I've devised a Baldrickesque cunning plan for your escape from Brum:

1) Hold a mug of Bovril in your hands on the station platform.

2) If anyone approaches you, say, "Olrooyt?"

These pearls of wisdom should prevent bloodshed, hopefully. :)

Revelian

6. Foxhill

Foxhill New Member

Feb 5, 2007
    Blackburn

Good call with all your predictions!

Portsmouth didn't apply for the Intertoto, Everton, Villa, and Man City did.

7. BlackburnRover

BlackburnRover New Member

Sep 10, 2007
    M6
    A plan so cunning you could have stuck a tail on it and called it a fox. Actually it should work a treat ;)

8. Revelian

Revelian Member

Jul 7, 2003
    Midgar
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Either that, or put your underpants on your head and stick two pencils up your nose.

Revelian

9. dring1

dring1 New Member

Jul 4, 2003
    radcliffe, manch uk
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

ill keep that in mind. luckily we will park on the mcdonalds car park which is 2 minutes from the ground so there is a good chance of a quick get away. if i dont post in a week you will know why lol.

10. Revelian

Revelian Member

Jul 7, 2003
    Midgar
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Although we've never met, let me be the first to say, you've been great fun. ;)

Revelian

11. Foxhill

Foxhill New Member

Feb 5, 2007
    Blackburn

Have a great day on Sunday, Dring, bring us back the points....should you survive of course :D

I hope the lads are up for this one!

12. JohnHolmesJr

JohnHolmesJr New Member

Jun 16, 2007
    The Ohio
    It's Rovers Time!!!!!

I can smell Europe......

It will be a fun match since both teams have a lot to play for wish I could be there.....

13. Revelian

Revelian Member

Jul 7, 2003
    Midgar
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    If you pack heat, I think Dring will want you there too. ;)

Revelian

14. JohnHolmesJr

JohnHolmesJr New Member

Jun 16, 2007
    The Ohio
    It's Rovers Time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why is my stream not working.

I believe this to be a vast conspiracy against me watching Rover's.

15. Revelian

Revelian Member

Jul 7, 2003
    Midgar
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Some Burnley computer hacker is probably hatching an equally cunning plan. ;)

Revelian

16. roxbury

roxbury Member+

Apr 27, 2004
    cmon Rovers!

@

whats the starting line up?

17. JohnHolmesJr

JohnHolmesJr New Member

Jun 16, 2007
    The Ohio
    Found it.

The Stars have aligned and life is good.

18. JohnHolmesJr

JohnHolmesJr New Member

Jun 16, 2007
    The Ohio
    MGP down.

Looks like he kicked someone in the CUP and roughed up his ankle.

19. JohnHolmesJr

JohnHolmesJr New Member

Jun 16, 2007
    The Ohio
    Brum almost scores just wide.

20. JohnHolmesJr

JohnHolmesJr New Member

Jun 16, 2007
    The Ohio
    Wasted Free kick by Betns.

Pompi 0 - FFC 0

Reading 1 - Derby 0

Looking like Reading will go thru at this point

21. JohnHolmesJr

JohnHolmesJr New Member

Jun 16, 2007
    The Ohio
    Ouch Brad looked terrible there.

He just gave that one away.

22. JohnHolmesJr

JohnHolmesJr New Member

Jun 16, 2007
    The Ohio
    3rd time was a charm on those shots...

Where is Jillean MGP w/ a sweet gol.

1 - 1 Rovers - Brum

23. JohnHolmesJr

JohnHolmesJr New Member

Jun 16, 2007
    The Ohio
    Dunny and Tugay coming in.

This could be the last time we see the Turkish Delight!!!

Score one for us Tugay.

24. JohnHolmesJr

JohnHolmesJr New Member

Jun 16, 2007
    The Ohio
    Taken down in the box.

We should be kicking a penalty now.

CRAP!!!!!!!!!

25. JohnHolmesJr

JohnHolmesJr New Member

Jun 16, 2007
    The Ohio