Birmingham Roll Call - 3/30/05

Discussion in 'USA Men: Fans & Travel' started by rksehga, Mar 23, 2005.

1. TheBritAbroad

TheBritAbroad New Member

Feb 17, 2005
    Dothan, AL
    Please let me know on the England game. I called Dave's and The Arena, both NO GO!

2. NBlue

NBlue Member

Jun 17, 2002
    Orlando, Florida
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll be in town and looking for a good place to watch any of the matches that afternoon on FSC including the Spain v. Serbia match which follows the England match.

3. salange

salange Member

Sep 15, 2000
    Atlanta
    I'll be working Wenesday but leaving early to try to tailgate some. Anyone have any specific tailgating plans? I'm leaving Atlanta around 2 EST so I should be at Legion Field by 3:30 CST. The forecast is 70 and beautiful. The letter with my tickets from the fed said the gates open at 5:30- I hope that means the stadium gates and not the parking lot gates.

Anyway, post here or just show up and look for us if you want to tailgate pre-game. Looking forward to it.

4. papasa90

papasa90 Member

Sep 24, 2001
    Alabama
    Hello Eveyone:

Am an hour northeast of Birmingham. Working Wednesday but will try to sneek out a couple of hours early. Will have to come up with some lame excuse of course. Hope attendence numbers mentioned earlier are right. If so, it should be an enjoyable match.

cheers,

papasa90

5. colins1993

colins1993 Member

Mar 1, 2001
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    (quote)
    I'll be in town and looking for a good place to watch any of the matches that afternoon on FSC including the Spain v. Serbia match which follows the England match.

If I would have planned better I should have brought my DirecTv receiver, extra 18" dish, TV and generator and we COULD WATCH THAT BABY IN THE STADIUM PARKING LOT!!!

too much to bring though.

6. elainemichelle

elainemichelle New Member

Jul 20, 2002
    My first USMNT game like quite a few others.

It'll be me, my friend, her mom, and two of her little sisters. It could very well expand into being the five of us and then two more of our friends.

We're leaving around noon or one tomorrow afternoon. (I bought my ticket an hour ago.)

7. john in atl

john in atl New Member

Feb 20, 2000
    atlanta, ga usa
    Me plus 7 others heading from ATL for the afternoon tailgating! Should be Big Fun! Looking fwd to meeting all other BigSoccer posters and lurkers.

johninatl

8. FKASCSN

FKASCSN Member

Jun 24, 2004
    Madison, WI
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Cool beans, was already contemplating a BBQ lunch as soon as I get into town.

9. careerender

careerender Member

Jul 10, 2003
    Calvert County, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My daughter and I are leaving Maryland in two hours. Gonna drive as far as we can until we get tired. Are hoping to make it to somewhere in Tennessee tonight, arrive B-ham in the a.m., and check into the Med Center Best Western. We'll be looking for other nat fans to watch the England match for lunch at either Dreamland or On Tap. Looking forward to this match and meeting y'all. GO USA!

10. pething101

pething101 Member

Jul 31, 2001
    Smyrna, Ga
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am leaving in about two hours as well. Drive down to Columbus, Ga. Pick up the girlfriend. Teaching/coaching interview in Auburn, Alabama at 11:00 am tomorrow and then on to Birmingham.

11. JoeSoccerFan

JoeSoccerFan Member+

Aug 11, 2000
    leaving in 64 minutes from Baltimore, plane arriving 5PM.

Getting pumped!!!

12. Reccossu

Reccossu Member+

Jan 31, 2005
    Birmingham
    on tap will not have the game, so it looks like Dreamland is the place. It's about halfway between the Best Western and 5 points on the corner of 14th street and 14th ave. south. Please post with numbers if you are going to come so I can let them know and give us the best chance of getting seats and a dedicated couple of tvs.

13. MelH

MelH Member

Jan 31, 2005
    Kalispell
    Sounds like quite a few of us tooling down I20 towards B'ham in the same time frame...

We're gonna play the "Count the Soccer Fans" game in my car... wave your flags so we can see you!

14. careerender

careerender Member

Jul 10, 2003
    Calvert County, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

We're in. Me+1. See you there and thanks!

15. JoeSoccerFan

JoeSoccerFan Member+

Aug 11, 2000
    I'm in - Thor is in (so 2 more)

16. Justin Cedar

Justin Cedar New Member

Oct 29, 2004
    Edwardsville,IL/STL
    Congrats on this Nico! :D

My three months pregnate wife and I are driving down for the game from St. Louis. No Hotel yet, but I'm about to start calling for one.

Go USA! :cool:

17. JoeSoccerFan

JoeSoccerFan Member+

Aug 11, 2000
    Justin - I have a good rate ($45). I'm running out the door now to catch the plane.

I have an extra room for tomorrow night if you want it.

I'll check PM's when I get to my room.

Not sure if you're coming tonight.

18. rkeane15

rkeane15 New Member

Jan 25, 2004
    Portland, OR
    I'm driving up tommoro. Hopefully im staying in a friends dorm room. Im bringing two friends from Baharain, and they think we suck. :) It's my first game, I hope it's fun.

19. FKASCSN

FKASCSN Member

Jun 24, 2004
    Madison, WI
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Me and another will be there. Not sure what time, though. Hopefully we'll make it in time to see it as we should be rolling into town right around 12:30 or 1 CT.

20. metroflip73

metroflip73 Member

Mar 3, 2000
    NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Have fun boyz. Wish I was there with all of you. Sing loud, no matter what anyone else says.

21. Harper916

Harper916 Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    Lake Charles, La.
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Myself and 6 others. Leaving at about 5 am. This will be my 3rd game in Birmingham and my 1st qualifier.

22. nicodemus

nicodemus Member+

Sep 3, 2001
    Cidade Mágica
    Club:
    PAOK Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I arrived about an hour ago. Drove from Orlando. Left at 4 a.m. :p

23. Reccossu

Reccossu Member+

Jan 31, 2005
    Birmingham
    welcome back! are you going to dreamland tomorrow?

24. nicodemus

nicodemus Member+

Sep 3, 2001
    Cidade Mágica
    Club:
    PAOK Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I want to, but I've got to try to cram some family visits in as well in this brief 2-3 day trip. I'm going to try to have lunch with some family if they can get away from work. If they can't, I'll be there.

25. MinnesotaScouser

Mar 29, 2005
    St Paul, Minnesota
    I'm up for some ribs. See you all there