Bill Lawrence Preaching from the Mountain

Discussion in 'Movies, TV and Music' started by monster, Mar 14, 2012.

1. monster

monster Member

Oct 19, 1999
    Hanover, PA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The "Cougar Town" and "Scrubs" creator from one of his Twitter "vomits." This came last night.

So look, here's how I feel about Network TV. I think it's truly hard to do smart TV on Networks, at least successfully, but that's not an excuse because “Modern Family” does it and gets awesome ratings, but often the shows that seem to be very successful in the ratings don't appeal to me. That's not to say they aren't good - except “The Bachelor.” “The Bachelor” is everything that's wrong with everything. It just means that it's tough to see the shows I like so much struggling (“Community,” “Parks and Rec”), and I know, Neilsen's don't mean anything truly. I've met literally thousands of folks who watch “30 Rock” and none who watch “Rob,” but the Neilsen's would say the opposite. But maybe they're right. I doubt it, but maybe. Still, what's the point? Before Twitter, as a writer you would judge your TV success on those stupid numbers. And now I get to go on here and read stuff from fans, and yes, read an occasional "’Cougar Town’ sucks balls." But mostly it's nice people saying amazingly nice things. So that's what Twitter is to me: If “Cougar Town” goes away (I will keep fighting to make sure it doesn't), but if it does, I'll be sad as all hell. But I won't feel like I failed because of this Twitter silliness and for that I am grateful. Please consider me equally grateful to all of you. Thanks. (Except the "sucks balls" guy. He can suck it.)