Bill Clinton: I'd Die for Israel

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by Colin Grabow, Jul 30, 2002.

1. spejic

spejic Cautionary example

Mar 1, 1999
    San Rafael, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    > KISS MY ASS, SPEJIC!

As all Californians know, there are only two things that come from of Texas.

2. joseph pakovits

joseph pakovits New Member

Apr 29, 1999
    fly-over country
    Just so you all know what spejic is talking about...

From the "Skeleton Closet" website:

"National Guard records and Bush's own supervisors and friends show no sign of him attending any drills or performing any service for nearly a year, from May 1972 until May 1973. This period began with Bush moving to Alabama for a political campaign.

http://www.realchange.org/bushjr.htm#vietnam

There are things to bash Albore about (illegal fundraising at a Buddhist temple, hypocrisy on tobacco; insincere environmental trendiness; faux populism once he realized that Nader was gaining support among progressives; Tipper's attempt at censoring rock music) but nothing like the slimy trail of drunk driving, wild drug use into his 30s, lies about shady business deals, lies about his drunk driving arrest, lies about his incredibly privileged military service record
    (when he bothered to show up for duty, that is), etc., that follows Dumbya around.

The drug use issue alone shows the difference between Dumbya and Albore. Whereas Dumbya has tried to deny his drug use, Albore has admitted to smoking pot (although he might have toked more than he lets on if you believe one of his friends from the VietNam era). Be that as it may, at least Albore has fessed up to toking and didn't give us hilarious Clintonesque crap like "I didn't inhale" or embarrassingly unbelievable flat out lies of denial like Bush has proffered. And don't get me started on Cheney's shenanigans...

3. GringoTex

GringoTex Member

Aug 22, 2001
    1301 miles de Texas
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Lemme guess:

1)steers
    2)electricity rate plans for gullible utopians

4. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Let's get this thread BACK on topic and not focus on Gore v Bush on here.

If you guys want to continue the Gore v Bush thing, I'll split this thread and create a new one specifically for G v B.

Let me know.

5. joseph pakovits

Apr 29, 1999
    fly-over country
    I think the original topic exhausted itself after about five posts. Contrary to what one might think, there appears to be only so much comedy to be squeezed out of Clinton offering to fight for Israel.

6. Ian McCracken

Ian McCracken Member

May 28, 1999
    USA
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    What kind of a brilliant person looks down the barrel of their own gun while putting it down? This guy reminds me of Wyle E Coyote. No wonder why they exchanged his gun for a pen...to keep him from killing himself.

7. TheWakeUpBomb

TheWakeUpBomb Member

Mar 2, 2000
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Yes, it is way different. Bush actually has a graduate degree. Gore struck out in both of his attempts to get one. And never bothered to correct anyone when they said he was a Vanderbilt Law grad or Vandy Divinity grad. Dumbya, indeed.

8. krolpolski

krolpolski Member+

Re: Re: Re: Re: Bill Clinton: I'd Die for Israel

Technically, no, Bush was not Absent Without Leave.

But when an officer purposely gets himself suspended from flight duty for purposely failing to take his physical, the intent and effect are the same as going AWOL: a dereliction of duty.

9. Mitre

Mitre New Member

This is off-topic a litte but...umm... George Wanker Bush having a grad degree means what? The fact that Dumbya has an MBA from Harvard means that if he can do it, you and I and anyone else can do it ten times over. (Correction: if we have the money)
    Taken from famoustexans.com:
    "Education: Attended Phillips Academy prep school at Andover, then Yale from 1964 until 1968 and graduated with a major in history; played baseball during freshman year and rugby during junior and senior years; became a member of the super-secret Skull and Bones society, following in the footsteps of his father and grandfather; later attended Harvard and earned a Masters of Business Administration in 1975. Bush was such a mediocre student that the dean of students at Andover was pessimistic about his chances of getting into Yale. The suggested that he have a backup option. Harvard Business school was a backup option that he had to take advantage of after the University of Texas law school turned him down. Harvard alums say the admissions process was somewhat mysterious. One of Bush's Harvard classmates was a circus barker."
    Uh, can we say, "legacy"?
    And how well did Dubya do with that MBA of his with his "own" oil company before George Huge Wanker Bush bailed him out?
    Lest we forget to mention that Dubya also got a C in political science. Big surprise Let's face it, like most of the stupid Congressmen and Senators and executives and fat cats in office now and then, Bush got his foot served to him on a silver platter.

10. SoFla Metro

SoFla Metro Member

Jul 21, 2000
    Ft. Lauderdale, FL
    Mitre, you forgot to mention that it was a "gentlemen's" C

11. Ian McCracken

Ian McCracken Member

May 28, 1999
    USA
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    You mean as opposed to Al Gore's F's in law school and divinity school? How do you flunk religion anyway? By the way, Al Gore's poppy was a rich well-known senator so if he flunked with those bloodlines he's got to be the biggest dufus this side of George Costanza.

12. spejic

Mar 1, 1999
    San Rafael, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Strange how we had a person running for office who had actually earned a law degree from Harvard, and the two idiots split 98% of the vote.

13. SoFla Metro

SoFla Metro Member

Jul 21, 2000
    Ft. Lauderdale, FL
    :D

14. joseph pakovits

Apr 29, 1999
    fly-over country
    His running mate Winona LaDuke also has a Harvard degree. I believe hers is in economics.

15. TheWakeUpBomb

TheWakeUpBomb Member

Mar 2, 2000
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Yes, and now the "Green Genius" has decided to pursue loftier goals, like uncovering the infamous Game 6 conspiracy. :rolleyes:

16. spejic

Mar 1, 1999
    San Rafael, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    > Yes, and now the "Green Genius" has decided to
    > pursue loftier goals, like uncovering the infamous
    > Game 6 conspiracy

Just because you are (temporarily) associated with a party full of earnest people doesn't mean you have to be on your game 24-7.

17. Ian McCracken

Ian McCracken Member

May 28, 1999
    USA
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    You're forgetting that 45% of the American electorate are idiots themselves, 15% have occassional bouts of sanity, and the remaining 40% are Republicans.

18. thepremierleague

Mar 14, 2001
    London
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Only thing Bill dies for is a shag.

19. Mitre

Mitre New Member

Not to mention a Big Mac with Fries.

20. Real Ray

Real Ray Member

May 1, 2000
    Cincinnati, OH
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well I don't know...there's always hope for a remake of, "Cast A Giant Shadow"?

With a bit of diet he could play Colonel David Marcus (Kirk Douglas' part), no? Too bad the Gipper is ill, as they would then be able to swap war stories.

21. Doctor Stamen

Doctor Stamen New Member

Nov 14, 2001
    In a bag with a cat.
    We should have known about Bill's liking for affairs, he plays the saxaphone for God's sake. That's the sleaziest instrument in the world.

22. WHOLMAN2

WHOLMAN2 New Member

Dec 4, 2000
    Lahs Angeleez
    1) Great barbecue
    2) My Dad (ironically), now a California resident

:)

23. WHOLMAN2

WHOLMAN2 New Member

Dec 4, 2000
    Lahs Angeleez
    Not as funny as finding out Clinton's reasons for offering: Clinton was convinced to believe he's Jewish by Ehud Barak. :D

EB: "I'm telling you, Bill. You've got a Jewish root. I just know it."
    BC: "Ehud, I'm just a guy from Arkansas. I can't be Jewish!"
    EB: "Bill, think back to Sunday School. Remember the Ten Lost Tribes? They were dispersed throughout the whole world. Including Arkansas."
    BC: "Wow! Wait'll Hillary hears this! I'm Jewish!"
    EB: "Bill, I think you should wait on that one. The shock might be too much for her."
    BC: "I want to become an Israeli citizen! How do I do it?"
    EB: "You need to serve in the Israeli Army."
    BC: "Umm, have you got a reserve force? Maybe one stationed in Greenland?"
    EB: "Uhh, I'll look into it."

24. Garcia

Garcia Member

Dec 14, 1999
    Castro Castro
    I always thought Clinton was the USA's first black president.

25. SoFla Metro

SoFla Metro Member

Jul 21, 2000
    Ft. Lauderdale, FL
    That was Lincoln