"Bild" After SV 1880 Munchen v. FC Bayern

Discussion in 'Bayern Munich' started by footyfan1, Jul 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. footyfan1

footyfan1 BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    New Bayern players Valerien Ismael (29) and Ali Karimi (26) made their debut in the new “Bayern-Look” (Red shirts, white shorts, white socks). Both played 90 minutes in an 11-0 victory over Kreisliga club (5th Division?) SV 1880 München.

Yet, there’s a furor over another “new entry”. Striker Roque Santa Cruz (23, only four appearances last season) scored five goals and afterwards stated he wants to battle Roy Makaay (30) and Claudio Pizarro (26) for playing time. “I’m going to fight to become a regular player here and I want to go to World Cup 2006 with Paraguay.”

Will 1. FC Köln’s German international striker Lukas Podolski also be playing at Bayern next season?? After Bayern (General) Manager Uli Hoeness announced that “Poldi” will transfer to the “Record Champions” (Rekordmeister) in 2006, Köln boss Wolfgang Overath got hot under the collar. “Enough has been said.” “We know Bayern wants to have him in 2006. And we know he has a contract with us until 2007.”

Here’s what we don’t know. Will “Poldi” go to Bayern or to another European club? Or, will he remain at 1. FC Köln???

2. Alex_K

Alex_K Member+

Mar 23, 2002
    Braunschweig, Germany
    Club:
    Eintracht Braunschweig
    Nat'l Team:
    Bhutan
    Kreisliga should be 8th division at most, possibly lower. This differs from state to state (here it's the 9th division, I think) but usually at least Landesliga (5), Bezirksliga (6) and Bezirksklasse (7) should be above Kreisliga level.

3. Dead Fingers

Dead Fingers Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 22, 2004
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC
  4. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

DF, I didn't know whether to put that one the thread about the match or the transfer thread with the Santa Cruz/Podolski paragraphs in the story.

I was just confused because I thought it was more about the "Bild" transfer speculation than the match itself.

5. Dead Fingers

Dead Fingers Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 22, 2004
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC

Not a problem. I see what you were thinking.

6. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Thats what I'm afarid of, clubs like Chelsea going after him were he to have an extremely good season. I don't want that.....

7. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Thanks bro! :)

8. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Fact of the matter is, they are going to anyhow. Bayern tried to "mark their territory" and Koln just slapped the hell out of that.

I think it will depend on where young Mr. Podolski himself would like to go.

If he's the typical German "prodigy", he'll choose Bayern.

Too many of the young German "prodigies" have "LD Disease".

Meaning, they can't seem to function away from home.......