BiH Friendlies | 27 MAR 2021: Selección de fútbol de Costa Rica (Zenica)

Discussion in 'Bosnia & Herzegovina' started by Blue Soldier, Aug 8, 2011.

1. bosna10

bosna10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 23, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    I don't like this Demirovic guy's running. Takes him so long to get going..So much easier to defend that.

2. Sudžuka

Sudžuka Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 27, 2013
    looking at our schedule, the best chance of finally getting a win are Montenegro (June) and Kazakhstan (September). But of course, the way we are playing, chances aren't high.

bosna10 repped this.
  3. bosna10

bosna10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 23, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Impressed by defensive work ethic and some of the plays were exactly what i wanted to see in our Finland game(almost none of these guys played though). Offensively there is a lot of work as they don't look in sync and need to play way faster. Overall, good game against a pretty solid side imo.

Sudžuka repped this.
  4. Sudžuka

Sudžuka Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 27, 2013
    two very different styles of play, besic way more raw who relied on his physical game during the match while Hadziahmetovic is more of a holding possession oriented midfielder looking to make the extra pass. He's not the physical player to chase down an attacker or foul, that's more of a last resort for him.

bosna10 repped this.
  5. bosna10

bosna10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 23, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Did this coach just start now? I'd give him some time to see if he can sort it out...I was thinking our defence will be extremely shitty but who knows..Some of these young guys might surprise(work ethic wise way way better on the defensive end). Offensively there is talent but they seem to be thinking too much and not using their natural ability.

6. Sudžuka

Sudžuka Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 27, 2013
    yeah, only one match under his belt so far, since he was absent today because of covid.

I wouldn't expect much from him, he couldn't even win the Croatian league as manager of Dinamo Zagreb...thats though to do.

bosna10 repped this.
  7. bosna10

bosna10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 23, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    So that would be like Pjanic playing DM position. Not ideal that's for sure but there are instances that could be useful(playing a more possession game against a lower opponent and all)...Heck, even if he's competent at defending(doen't need to be sliding like Besic..it could work against some better teams.

Sudžuka repped this.
  8. BIHfan

BIHfan Member+

Borussia Dortmund
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Oct 13, 2020
    Rather pointless friendly overall, at least they did not lose but meanwhile the winless streak continues. The last time the team went this long without winning was between October 2001 and March 2003, eto na sta smo spali...

9. New Era

New Era Member

Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Sep 9, 2020
    FT: BiH 0-0 Costa Rica.

A solid result and decent performance for what was essentially a Bosnia and Herzegovina 'B' selection against Costa Rica's strongest side.

The biggest plus was probably the performance of Nikola Vasilj, son of former Croatia World Cup goalkeeper Vladimir. Loncar also looked bright, while Hadziahmetovic improved markedly as the game went on.

The one large and serious minus: the lack of quality on the final ball, an issue which plagued both teams. In this context, I would not expect Rahmanovic - who was hauled off at half-time - to be receiving another call-up anytime soon. So many first-half attacks broke down at his feet; he and late sub Cvijanovic were totally out of their depth.

10. BIHfan

BIHfan Member+

Borussia Dortmund
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Oct 13, 2020

Extended highlights of the game although 90% of the video is just offsides and crosses. The best chance of the game is at 5:01 and Vasilj's save is at 5:51.