BigSoccer toolbar for FireFox

Discussion in 'Technology' started by Foosinho, Sep 7, 2004.

1. Foosinho

Foosinho New Member

Jan 11, 1999
    New Albany, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Believe it or not, this is something I'd like to do. I don't know when I'll get to it.

Short answer: no.

Long answer: if the next version of IE allows XUL extensions, I'll think about it.

2. Foosinho

Foosinho New Member

Jan 11, 1999
    New Albany, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Updated to 0.2.0 since previous versions of the toolbar only allow installation on 0.9 versions of FireFox. The release of 0.10 (1.0PR) necessitated a change in the installation requirements. There are no functional changes, so you don't need to update unless you are upgrading FireFox.

I wanted to make sure that the installer schema had solidified before I allowed the extension to install on newer versions of the browser. It's unchanged, so I've "unlocked" the toolbar thru version 2.0 of FireFox.

3. elainemichelle

elainemichelle New Member

Jul 20, 2002
    I looooooooooooooooooooooove it.

[​IMG]

4. Foosinho

Foosinho New Member

Jan 11, 1999
    New Albany, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's been a bit stagnant for multiple reasons (the least of which not being my changing employers). Given that SLC should have a logo here in a few days, I think I'll make some minor changes to accomodate SLC and CD Chivas USA. Probably flesh out the smilies menu some more, and I think I'll add the BS Code suggestion microbrew had.

Sadly, my main browser at work is Mozilla 1.2.1, and I'm locked out from upgrading/replacing with FireFox, so I don't get to test & use this as much as I might like. Only when I'm at home, or in the lab (and I'm usually actually working when I'm in the lab).

5. Huss

Huss Member

Aug 1, 1995
    New York, NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Great addition. Keep up the good work. I do with i could move it next to another toolbar, as said above.

6. Huss

Huss Member

Aug 1, 1995
    New York, NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Now to play

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. Foosinho

Foosinho New Member

Jan 11, 1999
    New Albany, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks, Huss. I know I owe another update. Just been too damn busy. [​IMG] Soon, I hope.

8. Foosinho

Foosinho New Member

Jan 11, 1999
    New Albany, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, I'm already aware that the version upgrade to FireFox that came out today breaks the toolbar. I'll be fixing it soon - my PC is on the fritz, and I don't have the right tools on my laptop to do the job easily.

9. Foosinho

Foosinho New Member

Jan 11, 1999
    New Albany, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Updated. Fixed the 1.0 "not compatible" problem, added two more "Piss on" images...

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]