Bigsoccer Kicks...

Discussion in 'Customer Service' started by banbaseball, Sep 2, 2007.

1. banbaseball

banbaseball Member

Oct 10, 2000
    East of the Bay
    what good are they if they remain the same everyday. Count me as one of the many who aren't happy with the new layout. I've given it a couple of weeks to adjust and I still miss the older version where I could see many topics once I open to the homepage. For the last week, the same 4 or 5 items have remained on the kicks page. I have to constantly avoid the first page just to jump to the forums sections. And then jump again and again...

Just wanna to know if anyone else agrees. :(

2. SamsArmySam

SamsArmySam Member+

Apr 13, 2001
    Minneapolis, MN
    I'm a fan of the "Forums" view, and I tend to jump directly into the threads that interest me and avoid the home page as well.

Now in classic BigSoccer fashion, I'm going to redirect the thread a little with a suggestion to the BigSoccer powers that be...

Instead of a "kick it" button and "kicks," what if it said "Ole!" Think of the Ole-ole-ole-ole song sung globally. Think of the connotations in the latin world. Think of the spirit of the bullfights. Fits the emotion of the game and the excitement of the function better than "kick it" for me -- which seems a little too soccer mom.

Just my $0.02.

3. nancyb

nancyb Member

Jun 30, 2000
    Falls Church, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have my work computer defaulting to 'My BigSoccer' and my home computer goes the BigSoccer homepage. Let me tell you that it really is a sad sight to see a DC United post game thread that is two weeks old show up on the DC United 'kicks' page when I click on the DC United link under 'My BigSoccer' from my home computer. That's what I get since the Kicks pages seem to be the default. I don't know what happens if I'm not logged in, but it makes the site seem kind of dead if such old news is what's showing up. I guess we just don't have enough people who've bought into the concept to make it work.

Oh, and Music, etc. is really cool in Kicks mode. Just a few avatars and nothing else.

4. Huss

Huss Member

Aug 1, 1995
    New York, NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    The kicks aren't perfect and we continue to tweak the algorithm. Thank you for your feedback.

Regarding the first post in this thread, click on SORT BY DATE. Then the homepage will always be what you want - the latest threads and no more, no less.

5. Bill Archer

Bill Archer BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In the beginning, it was my understanding that the site would default to wherever you left it.

But every time I log in, I get the Kicks view. On the home page, it's some obscure bullcrap that nobody cares about (which used to be over on the right margin and could be ignored. Now yo HAVE to see that someone has started a "Bulgarian girls are hot" thread and a "San Jose - let's demand DeRosario comes back" thread and all that rubbish I used to glance at sometimes and laugh at. Now, it gets jammed in your face) and in a particular forum it's month old garbage that hasn't seen a new post in weeks.

It's not a question of "personal taste" it's a matter of fact that NOBODY wants to log in and the page you get is covered with a discussion of a game from a month ago.

On the Crew board, just as an example, the "McBride named Captain at Fulham" thread got some kicks and is still on top two months later, when anyone who ever cared already knows and the guy is in a cast. It's terrible.

So the first thing I have to do is hit two or three buttons to get the thing to display in a useful, non-ridiculous way and I have to do it every single time. It would be a lot nicer if it would just display the page I want it to display and in the way I want it displayed instead of however the system wants it displayed, which is usually stupid, instead of having to fight with it every time.

Am I doing something wrong here? As it is, the thing is getting annoying as hell. I was a big supporter at first but, honestly, I'm beginning to think tat the site got badly screwed up.

6. nancyb

nancyb Member

Jun 30, 2000
    Falls Church, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bill - that's sort of my home computer experience. I don't know what a newbie sees (or thinks), but if I didn't know there was actually some content in some of these forums, I'd think they consisted of nothing more than a few posters icons. Pretty lame.

7. Huss

Huss Member

Aug 1, 1995
    New York, NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Which forums are coming up blank in the kicks? with over 300 i haven't checked them all. but as they get reported, we fix any erroneous queries.

as for remembering ... if you are loggin in it does. for instance for me my kicks page is always USA.

8. Huss

Huss Member

Aug 1, 1995
    New York, NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    We have implemented a number of bug fixes and formula tweaks last night which should, I hope, improve the homepage. Forums that were showign errors (like music, crew, dc united) are looking a bit better.

Let me know your thoughts.

9. nancyb

nancyb Member

Jun 30, 2000
    Falls Church, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This forum shows nothing but icons.

I just checked DC and I see that the 3 week old post game thread is finally gone.

10. Huss

Huss Member

Aug 1, 1995
    New York, NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    then that's progress :)

11. DoctorD

DoctorD Member+

Sep 29, 2002
    MidAtlantic
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Who keeps kicking the thread about the guy landing a job in Israel?

12. Dirt McGirt

Dirt McGirt Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That would be me. What??

13. The Blind Pig

The Blind Pig Member

Jul 14, 2005