BigSoccer Halo 2 clan

Discussion in 'Video and Computer Games' started by MikeLastort2, Nov 12, 2004.

1. MikeLastort2

MikeLastort2 Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Takoma Park, MD
    WHAT!!! You'd rather be chasing snow bunnies than playing Halo 2? Where are your priorities? ;)

2. rokstedy

rokstedy Member+

I love commieball
    Apr 20, 2001
    Northwest Orange County
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    10AM PST. Yeah, this is good.

3. Qamle

Qamle Member

May 2, 2004
    San Diego
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    any earlier than 10am pacific time is too early, but i'm in.

4. Stogey23

Stogey23 Member+

Dec 12, 1998
    San Diego, CA
    Oh, well I'm not THAT bad. :D

I've taken some people down so far, but the highest I've ever ranked was 3rd. It was an all Energy Sword game. What a great game.

In related news, Morgan Webb has some ridculously awesome funbags.

5. rokstedy

rokstedy Member+

I love commieball
    Apr 20, 2001
    Northwest Orange County
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Indeed.

So what are the initial plans? Do we get together as a clan and play another clan?

Do we form a party and do matchmaking?

Or do we form a party and create custom games and invite other non-BS friends we know?

I'm down for any of options.

6. romagol10

romagol10 Member

Jul 23, 2003
    CO
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I say we party up and do matchmaking or custom games. We'd probably get killed (a lot) by other clans who have played together before. I believe parties can have up to 8 people in them.

I consider myself to be pretty good at the game, I was ridiculously good at Halo but grenades aren't nearly as effective as they were last time around and I don't use the sword as much as I probably should.

May 13, 2004
    Saint Tropez
    I haven't bothered to play single player much. My copy is German translated and doesn't feel authentic for me so it's online all the way. :D

Online is real fun apart from the lack of team tactics but what really makes it enjoyable is when you come across adolecent wannabes that send you voice messages threatening you and asking for one on one matches... hilarious.

8. Andy P

Andy P New Member

May 18, 2004
    Thats 6:00 pm English time right? I'm in but i might be a bit late.

9. Qamle

Qamle Member

May 2, 2004
    San Diego
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    wait did we change plans? I thought it was 10am Pacific.... I say we just get hooked up in some matchmaking before hand.

I'm pretty solid, so stick close to me ;)

10. Dolemite

Dolemite Member+

Apr 2, 2001
    East Bay, Ca
    i'll be online at 10am pacific time tomorrow

11. rokstedy

rokstedy Member+

I love commieball
    Apr 20, 2001
    Northwest Orange County
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It is 10AM Pacific. Andy P is probably talking UK time for him.

12. romagol10

romagol10 Member

Jul 23, 2003
    CO
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    OK I'm awake at 2:27 and still really drunk. I played some tonight though and actually won a few rumblue pit games (while drunk) I actually might be better drunk because I just look fot red dots. Oh eyah I'm posting to day I might be a bit late because of the potentila hangover. Oh and sorry to whoever sent me the party invite tonight, I would've played with you but one of us was always in a game and I don't like ot wait.,

13. Dolemite

Dolemite Member+

Apr 2, 2001
    East Bay, Ca
    well, i can't sign onto Xbox live at the moment. my internet works,but the damn Xbox doesn't like it

14. Dolemite

Dolemite Member+

Apr 2, 2001
    East Bay, Ca

still no dice. it was working fine a couple o days ago. maybe my roommate funked with the firewall settings or something

15. rokstedy

rokstedy Member+

I love commieball
    Apr 20, 2001
    Northwest Orange County
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dolemite, that's too bad, because four of us had a blast. We did matchmaking and then minor clanmatches and improved the clan level to 3. Fun stuff. Andy P did great bomb-arming work in Assault matches. Hope to do this again soon.

16. romagol10

romagol10 Member

Jul 23, 2003
    CO
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    After one day of playing as a clan BigSoccer is 3-2-1. rokstedy, Andy P, Qamle, and I were able to play for a couple hours. We ended up playing the same 4 guys in something like 4 of the 6 games we played but it was pretty sweet.

17. Andy P

Andy P New Member

May 18, 2004
    Had a great time - hopefully we can all meet up again soon.

18. chad

chad Member+

Jun 24, 1999
    Manhattan Beach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i wasn't around this afternoon. hopefully i can hook up with you guys some day.

i know i have windsurfingmonk on my friends list. my gt is disagree.

19. rokstedy

rokstedy Member+

I love commieball
    Apr 20, 2001
    Northwest Orange County
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A clan invite has been sent out to you but there's no confirmation of acceptance yet.

20. Qamle

Qamle Member

May 2, 2004
    San Diego
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    I had fun for sure. 4 hours of straight playing... perfect hangover cure. We weren't bad at all... our teamwork was excellent. I'm game for that same time every weekend.

May 13, 2004
    Saint Tropez
    Do you know there are cheaters already? I won't explain how to do it but it is really simple.

They better come up with a patch soon or I'll be joining the cheaters or putting this game away to collect dust.

22. chad

chad Member+

Jun 24, 1999
    Manhattan Beach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm not interested in the "how's" of cheating (I'll quit playing before I cheat), but what is the advantage/cheat I should be looking out for? What are people able to do?

23. eneste

eneste Member

Mar 24, 2000
    Pittsburgh, PA
    okay, i ponied up and got live. my gamertag is aquavit. when are we getting together next?

24. chad

chad Member+

Jun 24, 1999
    Manhattan Beach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ah, peope are lag-cheating.

May 13, 2004
    Saint Tropez
    Basically one is able to bring up the blue screen when the host drops out of the game so everyone freezes. In this case the host does not actually drop out of the game but continues playing. In otherwords I could go get your flag and bring it back to my base while you are frozen.

To see if this cheat is being done, all you have to do is see if anyone drops out of the game after gameplay resumes and seconds later check again, if the person suddenly reappears then you know who it is.