BigSoccer Halo 2 clan

Discussion in 'Video and Computer Games' started by MikeLastort2, Nov 12, 2004.

1. rokstedy

rokstedy Member+

I love commieball
    Apr 20, 2001
    Northwest Orange County
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nevermind, apparantly other clans have had their members dropped due to some technical difficulties by Bungie and/or Microsoft. Once they fix it, I guesss things will be back to normal.

2. Mikey mouse

Mikey mouse Member

Jul 27, 1999
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll join up in a few months. My "employer", as he so eloquently puts it, "is sending my ass back across the pond"

Needless to say I don't want to be spending my money on an Xbox Live subscription I can't use until next spring.

Look for me then.

Mikey

3. chad

chad Member+

Jun 24, 1999
    Manhattan Beach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Unless the problem is that you have no xbox where you are now, you can take an Xbox live account with you whereever you go.

4. Qamle

Qamle Member

May 2, 2004
    San Diego
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    i'll take an invite. 'Super Furry' is my tag

5. Mikey mouse

Mikey mouse Member

Jul 27, 1999
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Im not sure I'm going to have reliable internet access while on patrols in Iraq...

6. MikeLastort2

MikeLastort2 Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Takoma Park, MD
    I've made everyone in the clan an "Overlord." Too much responsibility for just one man. :)

And so far none of us have been online and available at the same time. I say the weekend after Thanksgiving (first weekend in December) that we get together for a huge clan game. Anyone interested?

7. rokstedy

rokstedy Member+

I love commieball
    Apr 20, 2001
    Northwest Orange County
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm down. I'll keep in mind of time zones. Don't want you guys east of me to stay up too late when the night's just starting for me. If you guys want, I have a clan in mind to challenge.

8. Qamle

Qamle Member

May 2, 2004
    San Diego
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    As far as a Major Clanmatch, I'm currently unemployed, so just send me a message and I'll be there. Also, we can get some minor matches going on. I'll be on tonight for sure.

9. Greddy

Greddy Member

Jun 24, 2003
    Chicago
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Now that's dedication.

10. Qamle

Qamle Member

May 2, 2004
    San Diego
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    still waiting on an invite. 'Super Furry' is my tag.

11. MikeLastort2

MikeLastort2 Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Takoma Park, MD
    If someone else hasn't already done it, I'll invite you tonight after work.

12. Qamle

Qamle Member

May 2, 2004
    San Diego
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy

I appreciate it.

13. rokstedy

rokstedy Member+

I love commieball
    Apr 20, 2001
    Northwest Orange County
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've taken care of it.

14. Qamle

Qamle Member

May 2, 2004
    San Diego
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    We gotta start talking about tactics. i was playing last night and the main problem with the team games is that everyone has their own plan and they just go their own way. There are some tactics used, like which side for everyone to go, but that's not enough.

On 1 Flag CTF, we need two groups going in from different sides... and if I could think of the names of the maps, we could actually start planning this now... but I can't.

Also, on multi flag CTF, or Assault, we need to have people who are guaranteed to stick around on defense. I'm perfectly cool with playing defense, as long as I'm not the only one.

When are we getting together?

15. romagol10

romagol10 Member

Jul 23, 2003
    CO
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm home for the weekend but I'll be on using a free account on my brother's xbox. My gamertag here is Captain Yum, I'll also be using this over Christmas Break.

16. Andy P

Andy P New Member

May 18, 2004
    I'm up for joining... i'm not too good but slowly getting better. I'm in a clan at the moment but i've never seen anyone in it online so i'll leave next time i go on. Not sure if being in England will be a problem with time differences but i dont mind playing in the middle of the night now and then if needed.

My tag is Andy Parr (very original i know!)

17. rokstedy

rokstedy Member+

I love commieball
    Apr 20, 2001
    Northwest Orange County
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Qamle, the problem we've had probably was due to the fact that we didn't know the other players so they were just going to do whatever. I swear there are players who just want to increase their level by fragging everyone & not sticking to the objective. I think once we (as Bigsoccer) get together, we'll figure out a definite plan.

Agreed, especailly if we play 1 CTF. If we're on the D, sometimes I think it's best we stay inside the base and defend the flag. If they get flag & start heading back, We could have a few go to their base and prevent their return. Let's be courteous & not camp at their respawn point & pick away. Way too easy & immature to be doing that.

MikeLastort2 suggested the first weekend in Decemeber. I'm down.

18. romagol10

romagol10 Member

Jul 23, 2003
    CO
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    First weekend in December works for me, I'll have no trouble taking a few 8 hour study breaks ;).

May 13, 2004
    Saint Tropez
    How exactly does the level thing work?
    I was level 9 a while ago but since my room mate is bed-ridden I allowed him to use my account and well frankly he really sucks and has made me a level 8. I've been trying for a few sessions to get back to level 9 but it seems impossible.
    I am not a stats whore or anything but this kind of thing irritates me.

20. chad

chad Member+

Jun 24, 1999
    Manhattan Beach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You lose points when you lose. And I think when you finally drop a level, you are at the midpoint of the lower level, not the border of the higher level. Make sense?

May 13, 2004
    Saint Tropez

Ahh yes I get it I think hehe.
    Thanks.

22. MikeLastort2

MikeLastort2 Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Takoma Park, MD
    Just an FYI - I really seem to be terrible at online play. I keep getting my ass waxed, even though I did complete the entire single-player campaign (at "Normal" difficulty) the other day.

How about we do some clan play this Saturday, December 4th, at around 11:00 AM Eastern Time?

23. Stogey23

Stogey23 Member+

Dec 12, 1998
    San Diego, CA
    I'll try to get my ass out of bed for that.

I seem to suck too online, although I think it's more not knowing all the levels just yet.

24. MikeLastort2

MikeLastort2 Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Takoma Park, MD
    Good point. I forgot about you left-coasters. Let's make it at 1:00 PM eastern time. Is that better?

I hope that's the case, because I am PATHETIC. I think I've gotten 4 kills max from the five or six times I've joined a game in the "Rumble Pit."

25. Dolemite

Dolemite Member+

Apr 2, 2001
    East Bay, Ca

yeah that's a little better time...... though i might be in tahoe this weekend.