BigSoccer Get Together?

Discussion in 'Women's International' started by bostonbully, Sep 17, 2003.

1. bostonbully

bostonbully New Member

Aug 21, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Any interest in a BigSoccer member get together at "the Linc" and/or RFK, even just a meet and greet to put faces with user names? Or even something longer like a swill-down ho-down beer sampler.

I'm heading down this weekend from Boston and wouldn't mind hooking up with some folks or joining in a tailgate... my travel-mate backed out on me... heading down stag. Feel free to e-mail me (ussoccer@comcast.net) or carry on conversation here.

Before match, during match, after match... it's all good. Saturday in Philly... Saturday night and Sunday in DC. Name the spot!

A few ideas to kick start things:
    o Saturday pre-match at the Linc somewhere in the parking lot or that meeting area inside (but not in the stadium) the Linc's grounds (forgot the name... it supposedly opens 2 or 3 hours prior to matches).
    o Saturday night at Summers (I'm staying a few blocks away).
    o Sunday at RFK. Pre-match parking lot.

2. JoeSoccerFan

JoeSoccerFan Member+

Aug 11, 2000
    BB,

Sounds like the makings of a plan - I'm driving up from DC on Sat morning and returning after the games. If we time it right, we could be at Summers for the 830PM JPNvs ARG game. Still too early to know when the Ger vs Can will be replayed... Would be nice to catch that game both games!!! :)

Let me know where/when to hook up at the Linc.

3. dcajedi

dcajedi Member

Jul 16, 2001
    Philadelphia
    Members of the Charge boards are meeting in the Northwest corner open area between the two games on 9/20. On 9/21 I would say the usual Lot 8 pre-game festivities will be in effect with La Norte, Sam's Army, and the rest.

4. bostonbully

bostonbully New Member

Aug 21, 2003
    Boston, MA
    JoeSoccerFan and anyone else interested,

Let's meet at Summers on Saturday night for the JPN-ARG airing or even the GER-CAN, which honestly I'd rather see. After the Saturday matches in Philly I'll be driving down to DC. I'll checkin at my hotel, do some small sight seeing, and then head to Summers for the night of a few matches (someone posted the Summers WWC match schedule which appeared to have matches lasting into the night) and of course a few decent pints of ale.

Who or what should I ask or look around for? As for me, my name is Thor (silent 'h'). I'm 5'10" and slender with buzzed, brownish-blond hair.

dcajedi,

Sorry, I'm not familiar with the "Charge boards" or the "Northwest corner open area" of the Linc. Could you give me more info? If you're up for hooking up, I'm game for meeting up or even cheering and making a lot of noise. God gave me lungs. I can certainly put them to use.

And one more Q: On 9-21, is it correct to assume that Lot 8 is a tailgate spot in the parking lot? If so, who should I ask for?

5. dcajedi

dcajedi Member

Jul 16, 2001
    Philadelphia
    err whoops :D

okay. the way lincoln field is set out there are three "stands" if you will and there are these open plazas between each.

[​IMG]

the northwest plaza is in the lower left corner where it says "headhouse escalators and elevators"-- we're meeting in that open space.

"lot 8" at RFK is the parking lot traditionally used by sam's army and the screaming eagles for tailgate parties. if you are taking the metro to RFK go down the right side of the stadium. when you get past the TV trucks you will see a bridge with a "Lot 8" sign over it. go under that bridge and we'll be right around there.

6. bostonbully

bostonbully New Member

Aug 21, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Repeat of Summers Schedule for Saturday Night

> We'll show the following matches on Saturday:
    >
    > Norway/France at 11:30AM
    > Nigeria/Korea at 2:30PM
    > Germany/Canada at 5:30PM
    > Japan/Argentina at 8:15PM

As you correctly stated JoeSoccerFan, it looks like we should be able to make the JPN-ARG for 8:30PM. I'll be there!

Also, as of now, earlier in the day between matches up in Philly I'm planning on finding dcajedi in the northwest plaza inside the Linc.

7. JoeSoccerFan

JoeSoccerFan Member+

Aug 11, 2000
    I'll try and hook up with you guys between games in Philly.

Me, My name is Joe (silent 'e') :) . I'm 5'9'' 225 lbs 40ish with glasses, couple days worth of beard, carrying a blue backpack, probably wearing a grey/white t-shirt with either shorts or sweats and a blue floppy hat (if it's very sunny).

Depending upon power outages, I may not be able to respond to any further conversation. The wind is picking up.

8. JoeSoccerFan

JoeSoccerFan Member+

Aug 11, 2000
    Sorry I couldn't find you guys.... Couldn't remember the exact meeting locale.

Good news, I got my electric back just in time to tape the CHN-GHA game.