BigSoccer Class of '05

Discussion in 'Education and Academia' started by realmadrid1086, Jan 23, 2005.

1. realmadrid1086

Newcastle United
    United States
    Apr 29, 2002
    Alabama
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Another thread aroused my interest as to how many seniors post on BS. If you graduate (either high school or college) in '05, post what school you currently attend. If you are currently in high school, post what college you plan on attending and what you want to major in. If you are currently in college, post what you plan on doing once you graduate.

I currently go to Northgate High School in Newnan, GA. I will be graduating in late May. I have already been accepted to the University of Georgia, and I plan to attend UGA in the fall. As of right now, I plan on majoring in journalism (UGA has one of the best journalism programs in the US).

2. WV bobcat

WV bobcat New Member

Apr 18, 2003
    maryland
    Northern High School in Owings MD. Deciding between Davis & Elkins, Emory &
    Henry, and UMD at College Park. Planning on majoring in Secondary Education with the emphasis on History.

3. minorthreat

minorthreat Member

Jan 1, 2001
    NYC
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    University of Chicago class of '05 here. No idea what I'm doing after graduation.

4. otterulz

otterulz Member

Arsenal, Atleti
    South Korea
    Jun 20, 2002
    LIC, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Johnson & Wales University class of '05. Graduating a term early so I'm outta here in a month.

Moving back home to Queens and looking for a job in the city. We'll see what my associates in advertising and bachelor's in marketing communications will do for me. Yes, I'll be living at home for a while.

5. scudley

scudley New Member

Mar 13, 2001
    Syracuse, NY
    I am finally completing my MBA (did it part time at LeMoyne College in Syracuse) in May. I will continue working at my market research/consulting company. I believe there is a little bonus check that comes my way for finishing.

We have some former UGA students at my company here in snowy Syracuse. Apparently UGA also has a great market research program (though it may be a graduate program).

6. christopher d

christopher d New Member

Jun 11, 2002
    Weehawken, NJ
    University of Southern California MBA '05.

I'm looking to piece together enough freelance small business management consulting gigs to cover both my student loans and my alimony.

Flippancy aside, I'm going to be hanging out my own shingle. I've found something that a) covers an underserved market, and b) I'd do for free just for fun anyway so it doesn't feel like work. I'm making some connections with SoCal municipal officials and small business groups to either slide in with one of them or get referrals. Plus, I'll finally work for a boss I can stand!

7. russ

russ Member+

Feb 26, 1999
    Canton,NY
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    SUNY Empire State College,BA in Human Services Management.
    Hopefully I'll become a full-time staff trainer as opposed to being split betwen training and direct care.

8. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Central College, Pella, IA, Class of 05, religion major

No freakin clue what I'm gonna do, but hell that's the fun of the whole thing.

9. adam

adam Member

Mar 6, 1999
    Minneapolis
    University of Minnesota - B.S. in Architecture

After I graduate in May I plan on working for a year to earn some money for grad school and taking some time to put together a strong portfolio.
    I'll likely go to grad school here in Fall '06.

10. elainemichelle

elainemichelle New Member

Jul 20, 2002
    Choctawhatchee HS, Ft Walton Beach, Fl

Applied to University of South Florida-Tampa and was accepted. Still waiting to hear from St Xavier University in Chicago and Auburn.

If I get in to Auburn, that's where I'll probably go (toss up b/t AU and SXU) and I'm either majoring in sociology or elem. education.

11. elainemichelle

Jul 20, 2002
    I have a friend in Newnan. I don't remember where she goes to school though. I know she's going to UGA though.

12. realmadrid1086

Newcastle United
    United States
    Apr 29, 2002
    Alabama
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What's her name?

13. billyireland

billyireland Member+

May 4, 2003
    Sydney, Australia
    I'm sorry, there's just something about saying "SXU" that is hilarious, in an extremely immature way.

I'm in 'The Institute' - a grind-type school in Dublin, doing my Leaving Cert in June, and will probably be going to Trinity College next year (not sure if anybody will know about it, but it has a tremendous reputation, and doesn't cost a penny - Irish college system is completely different, the better colleges cost nothing, but have higher entry requirements) doing a duel module of Film Studies/English Lit. If not Trinity, I will probably go to DIT (Dublin Institute of Technology) in Film Studies or *Dun Laoghaire Insitute of Technology in Ledia, English & Cultural Studies. I'm going to do everything I can to avoid a paying college (although they are only about €4,000 a year, compared to your lunacy prices).

14. elainemichelle

Jul 20, 2002
  15. 96Squig

96Squig Member

Feb 4, 2004
    Hanover
    Club:
    Hannover 96
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Gymnasium Sophienschule Hannover, Germany, 13th grade, will do community service and then study (history and/or politics) at university. my LK (leistungskurse, honour classes if you want to say so) are Latin and Politics, P3 (3rd exam): Maths, P4 (oral exam): History

16. fischerw

fischerw Member+

Sep 15, 2004
    Joplin, MO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Carleton College class of '05. Next year? Maybe I'll go teach English somewhere Spanish-speaking. Or maybe I'll just get some job, hopefully in the Twin Cities. If not there, then someplace with an MLS franchise. Then, after a while, I'll think about grad school, probably in History.

17. gsterp

gsterp Member+

Jul 16, 2003
    College Park
    University of Maryland '05, B.S. in Finance and International Business

Going through the whole job search/interview process now. I just want a job at this point to get it over with.

18. ERobens

ERobens Member

Feb 19, 2004
    Providence, RI
    Brown University class of '05. Bachelor's in Urban Studies. Don't know what I'll be doing, and getting a little worried about it right now.

19. elainemichelle

Jul 20, 2002
    Sending the deposit to SXU after I file my FAFSA. Starting to worry about leaving so much behind.

20. realmadrid1086

Newcastle United
    United States
    Apr 29, 2002
    Alabama
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You're not the only one. At least I'll be in state and some of my friends will be attending UGA as well. Speaking of FAFSA, I should probably be completing my scholarship applications. If you need any help with the FAFSA, this is a good website.

21. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wait, Charleton College, we played you guys in soccer this past year, see my post on page one, I graduate from Central College this year.

22. shaggycat

shaggycat New Member

Oct 21, 2004
    USA
    Will be attending LU next year, and I am happy to be busting out of high school. I will be studying Bible, and I am looking forward to leaving Kentucky.

23. billyireland

billyireland Member+

May 4, 2003
    Sydney, Australia
    Don't worry shaggy, I won't spoil the ending for you.

24. RoverMax

RoverMax Member

May 4, 2003
    NYC
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm HS class of 2005. Next year I'll either be at the University of Arizona, UNC, Miami, or Texas. I got into the first one already (with some merit aid :) ) and am still waiting to hear from the other three.

25. Danks81

Danks81 Member

May 18, 2003
    Philadelphia
    Villanova Univeristy class of 2005. No job in the bag yet, but I am optimistic about breaking into SAP consulting.