BigSoccer Bundesliga Prediction League?

Discussion in 'Germany' started by TrooperBari, Jul 30, 2002.

1. wolfsburgh

wolfsburgh Member

Aug 6, 2001
    Pittsburgh, PA
    "Ties occur must less often . . . ."

True. Statistically, I think roughly 25-30% of games end in ties, so if one wants to play the percentages, they would never pick a tie. Which is fine. I don't see why you should be rewarded for picking a tie, though. Under that logic, is it highly unlikely that Cottbus will beat Bayern, or less likely that an away team will beat a home team, so you should get extra points for picking upsets or picking away wins. And that too is fine--but it starts to get very complicated.

2. wolfsburgh

wolfsburgh Member

Aug 6, 2001
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Bottom Line:

I really don't care how it's done. The person who ends up keeping track of the predictions is going to be the person who has to live with the system chosen, and as such, that person should have the final say (you made your bed, now you have to lie in it, or something like that).

3. IASocFan

IASocFan Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 13, 2000
    IOWA
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    German posters: I'll let you all discuss. I'm headed out of the country for a week's vacation, and will have uncertain internet access. Viel Glück!

Tom

4. olafgb

olafgb New Member

Jun 6, 2001
    Germany
    Wolfsburgh, predicting of course is always luck. You can also be much closer with a wrong prediction than with a prediction that brings you a point. I also don't see why in the 1/3 system you need to calculate in two different categories, it's simply adding the number of points for each contestant while yours needs three.

But we could argue endlessly, let's wait for the result of the election and accept what's being decided there. It's no holy battle for me, the 1/3 system is just the usual one you'll find in Germany.