Biggest Polish Talent Wasted?

Discussion in 'Poland' started by Gunning4Chelsea, Aug 24, 2006.

1. Gunning4Chelsea

Gunning4Chelsea Member+

Aug 2, 2005
    chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    While reading about Kosowski playing in reserves for FCK today - sadly, I have decided to poll this question
    IMHO - Kosowski has the talent to be one of Europe's top 10-15 wingers - but his lack of work ethic and poor relations with coaches have really taken a toll on his career

In recent memory - the one that has to take the cake - has to be Wojtek Kowalczyk - after his transfer to Betis - mere 14 goals in 63 games or so (showed flashes of brilliance) - he just lost it....huge amounts of cash went to his head; drank and ate himself out of a huge European career I believe...

Terlecki - what a lazy turd

and Citko - could have been huge...massive pace and technical skill - but a tough injury (not a lack of work ethic) prevented him from a career in Premier League

on a side note - Grzgorz Krol - I thought was going to blow up as well but now "on lapie ogony" in 2nd division....

2. Legionista

Legionista New Member

Dec 12, 2005
    Warszawa/Toronto

kosowski? 10-15 top wingers? you mean like Robben? hahahahah :D

as for Kowalczyk i have to agree but everyone seems to be forgetting that he has broken his leg in spain and lost a season. everyone seems to be talking abouth his drinking while many graet players were alcoholics and it didnt have any effect. if a player doesnt train or play drunk i dont care if he drinks a bottle of whiskey to sleep

3. Gunning4Chelsea

Gunning4Chelsea Member+

Aug 2, 2005
    chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    drinks a bottle of whiskey to sleep? hahahaha - only george best could get away with that...

Kowalczyk - when he played at his best - was sight to behold...

4. Jicco

Jicco New Member

Jul 13, 2006
    Opole
    When i have read topic, first person in my mind was Kowalczyk. Juskowiak was a top goalscorer of olympic games but we all choose Kowalczyk. I think he could become world class forward....

5. Legionista

Legionista New Member

Dec 12, 2005
    Warszawa/Toronto
    ever read kowalczyk's biography?:D

6. Gunning4Chelsea

Gunning4Chelsea Member+

Aug 2, 2005
    chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    no...but i have read countless reports of him boozing hardcore....just didnt know that it was a bottle of whiskey to sleep - thats Keith Moon/George Best territory

7. Legionista

Legionista New Member

Dec 12, 2005
    Warszawa/Toronto
    george best's drinking is nothing compared to that the 90's Legia did (especially on the training camps). Favourite beverage was pour everything you have and is 40percent or over in a bucket, add orange juice and cheers :D in some hotel in italy jozwiak threw a tv at ratajczyk (which eventually smashed into a wall) :D thats just a teaser :p really you should read his biography. it was somewhere on the net in parts. if you want i can look for it

8. Jicco

Jicco New Member

Jul 13, 2006
    Opole
    Tradition is still alive, vide Elton or Klatt who surely taught drinking in (L) :]

9. Gunning4Chelsea

Gunning4Chelsea Member+

Aug 2, 2005
    chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    hahahahah
    very interested in reading his bio
    - speaking of drunks....when i was a kid - I remember my parents telling me how the national team upon the triumphant return from Spain - were barely coherent at the airport - at Okecie in Warsaw - Boniek's bloodshot eyes and all....

10. Legionista

Legionista New Member

Dec 12, 2005
    Warszawa/Toronto
    i also remeber our olympic nt (with kowalczyk out front) returning from barcelona with silver in 92 :D

cant find it anywhere on the net but my uncle has my copy and i dont need it. when i get it back i can send it to you

11. Jicco

Jicco New Member

Jul 13, 2006
    Opole
  12. Gunning4Chelsea

Gunning4Chelsea Member+

Aug 2, 2005
    chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    thanks

"Oczywiście ta - z dzisiejszego punktu widzenia krótka - kłótnia nie zmąciła radości z mimo wszystko udanych igrzysk. Trzy dni wolnego, to było tak naprawdę trzy dni picia, opalania się, imprezowania. Zero snu. Na parkiecie najbardziej zadziwiali Murzyni, w tym Merlene Ottey, słynna sprinterka. Szkoda, że koszykarze z NBA mieli swój hotel poza wioska olimpijską. Z chęcią wypiłbym z Jordanem. Ciekawe, czy wytrzymałby nasze tempo? Nie sądzę. Szybko nabieraliśmy kolorków. Nie tylko od słońca. Prawy do lewego, wypij kolego."

some funny stuff - but in reading this - I am sort of impressed with the fearlessness and arrogance he approached big games - "ogramy tych frajerow" - it seems like our current kadra is missing this - they seem more sheepish - especially Zurawski in WC 2006

13. Jicco

Jicco New Member

Jul 13, 2006
    Opole
    and probably that's why Zurawski played in 2 World Cups while Kowalczyk not. :cool:

14. Legionista

Legionista New Member

Dec 12, 2005
    Warszawa/Toronto
    oh yeah and thats probably why Kowalczyk's got an olympic medal and Zurawski's got shite :rolleyes:

p.s. i agree that we lack this aproach. a player must have balls (i like the double meaning here ;) ) and confidence. if youre a sissy join the russian ballet

15. johnmatrix

johnmatrix New Member

Jun 1, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    Wojciech Kowalczyk.

16. marcin79

marcin79 New Member

Jun 3, 2005
    Warszawa, Poland
    Two of Polish players I saw who could definitely become much better were Wojciech Kowalczyk and Mariusz Piekarski. I see you already mentioned Kowalczyk, but also Piekarski was gifted and played some great football as young midfielder.

I also expected more from Jerzy Brzeczek. After Olympic Games 1992 he was expected to become top class central midfielder one day.

17. Gunning4Chelsea

Gunning4Chelsea Member+

Aug 2, 2005
    chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ahh..yes - Piekarski - who played in Brazil - didnt he have some serious injuries that ended his career after his move to Germany...or was it Krzysztof Nowak? (the other player in Brazil)

18. Jicco

Jicco New Member

Jul 13, 2006
    Opole
    I think Zurawski is a far better player than Kowalczyk was, despite Kowalczyk was most talented than Zuraw. You're talking about Kowalczyk balls... His balls (in my opinion we should call it "idiocy") broke his career...

19. slask

slask New Member

Dec 22, 2005
    CITKO ? was ment to be the next big thing wasnt he

20. Legionista

Legionista New Member

Dec 12, 2005
    Warszawa/Toronto
    em yeah he is but he's almost 30 years old and kowalczyk's career ended when he was what? 23? 24? and as i mentioned the major factor were the injuries. stop kidding me and saying that his "idiocy" broke his career. if it wasnt for his as you call it "idiocy" we wouldnt have an olympic medal and legia wouldnt compete with europes top clubs :rolleyes: