Big Ten Tournament Final

Discussion in 'College & Amateur Soccer' started by HoosiersUnited, Nov 14, 2003.

1. HoosiersUnited

HoosiersUnited New Member

May 6, 2003
    The Indiana Hoosiers pulled out a 1-0 win tonight over a tough Wisconsin squad. Pat Yates scored in the 79th minute on an assist from Ned Grabavoy to earn the right to win their 10th Big Ten tournament championship on Sunday against Penn State. The Nittany Lions won 1-0 over Northwestern on a late goal.

The game will be heard live on WIUS AM 1570 beginning at 1:55pm, with kick-off at 2pm. Listen online at www.wius.org.

2. Flip1178

Flip1178 New Member

Apr 19, 2001
    Bloomington, IN
    alum sightings

Don't know if you're in B-town or not but do you know if any of the old guard are coming back to watch Yeagley's last game at Armstrong Stadium? I think it'd be kinda cool to see the Snow Bros., DiBernardo, Juergan, Mais, Dema, Aleksey, Noonan, Mack...(the list is pretty damn big) and show the old coach a proper thank you.

PS-How'd you like the massive sleet storm at the back end of the first half.

3. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
    Won't the Hoosiers host at least one, and likely more, NCAA Tournament games so this likely isn't Yeagey's actual last game?

That said, it would be kinda cool to see all the high profile ex Hoosiers at the game Sunday.

4. HoosiersUnited

May 6, 2003
    Flip: I was in the press box, so for me the sleet and rain wasn't an issue. Ah, the pleasures of being in the media!

As for players coming back, I do know some were around the box last night but I am not sure who. I am sure if they can they'll be around. I think Noonan has to head back to NE though, but we'll see on Sunday.

5. HoosiersUnited

May 6, 2003
  6. taylor

taylor Member+

Jun 9, 2000
    Fav team: FC CARL ZEISS JENA
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I'll be there!