Big Ten Basketball Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Basketball' started by WarrenWallace, Nov 30, 2004.

1. HardHatMike

HardHatMike DOOOOOOOOM!

Traktor Nebraska
    Aug 31, 2005
    Lincoln, Nebraska
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Gonna be though, though. Did you see the article in the fish wrapper (okay, The Dispatch) this morning about tOSU women maybe not getting a 1 seed even though they're ranked #2 in both polls? Also I think that if the guys manage to win the Big 11 Tourney they deserve a 1 seed and that might not happen either. No respect for the Big Ten beating each other up all year.

2. Garcia

Garcia Member

Dec 14, 1999
    Castro Castro
    I declare Jihad on Brent Mussberger!

3. BenfromUSA

BenfromUSA Member

Jan 20, 2006
    Minneapolis/St. Paul
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Don't be suprised to see minnesota end up in the big ten tournament final, they handled michigan, and they are matched up with an iowa team that they took to triple OT in Iowa city, and beat at home. i'll take a semifinal matchup with anybody, when we played the illini in last years semis.

4. Garcia

Garcia Member

Dec 14, 1999
    Castro Castro
    Good luck.
    My Bucks are down 8 to PSU.

5. Garcia

Garcia Member

Dec 14, 1999
    Castro Castro
    Buckeyes win.

Also, Ohio State was put on probation for the following three years by the NCAA. No post-season ban, but must repay 90% of NCAA tourny money and that whole 1999 NCAA Final Four...never happened. Don't even mention it anymore. :p

6. Garcia

Garcia Member

Dec 14, 1999
    Castro Castro
    The women earned a top seed.
    The men can still play themelves into a top seed, but be careful what you wish for.

I'd rather be the strongest #2 seed with the weakest #1, like a Memphis. I think the Bucks enjoy being under the radar to a certain extent.

7. BenfromUSA

BenfromUSA Member

Jan 20, 2006
    Minneapolis/St. Paul
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Teams like gonzaga, memphis, nova, and OSU are all pretty good... but I don't see them surviving four or five grueling games in the tournament.