Big Sam: "Rocky worth 40mil"

Discussion in 'Blackburn Rovers' started by Rex Kramer, Jan 19, 2009.

1. Rex Kramer

Rex Kramer Thanks Rex

Aug 1, 2007
    Plano, TX
  2. Revelian

Revelian Member

Jul 7, 2003
    Midgar
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Think what we could do with that money...well if it's what we normally do, it'll be to sit on it, and not spend it on any improvements.

Rocky is worth about 18 million in normal money, but if Citeh are paying, then forty million sounds about right. :D

Revelian

3. JohnHolmesJr

JohnHolmesJr New Member

Jun 16, 2007
    The Ohio
    Yes, We will keep the money and buy nothing. That is what happen at the beginning of the season why should we change. One would have thought , assuming this happens, the board would change their ways and buy some talent.

I mean last year at this point we were in the top 7 and talking about UEFA and this year we are praying to not be relegated.

My thought is 40 MM or we keep him. At least that way we have the player here and we know he can produce when motivated. Keeping Roque and having Dunn healthy is better than any no name signing. IMHO.

4. Revelian

Revelian Member

Jul 7, 2003
    Midgar
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    That's right. We've made far too many risky, no-name signings recently. In my opinion, we keep Rocky, or sell him for silly money, and buy a couple of big names, if they'll sign.

Revelian

5. dring1

dring1 New Member

Jul 4, 2003
    radcliffe, manch uk
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    yeh if we do that we will end up like portsmouth or west ham. im quite happy with how things are running at the moment. yes we could do with a bit more of a transfer kitty but not risk the club with it. if we go down we could have a lot of pre madonas on big wages not being able to shift them. then we are in the s**t. some people think we should be a lot higher than we are were in other seasons we have been over achieving.

6. Revelian

Revelian Member

Jul 7, 2003
    Midgar
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Yes, for a town club, rather than a city club, and with our fanbase having now shed the glory-supporters, we have been over-achieving. However, the last thing we want to do is go down. If buying a couple of good players keeps us up, then let's splash the cash, yeah?

Revelian

7. Hauler

Hauler Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    United States
    Jan 20, 2007
    Culver City, LA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is it true that you guys are in for Eidur Gudjohnsen??? If so that would be a good signing. Also Benni and Roberts have been doing pretty well so far since the arrival of Big Sam. On the other hand Bentley has hardly been what I was hoping for but I'm sure you guys are happy 18 mil richer.

8. Revelian

Revelian Member

Jul 7, 2003
    Midgar
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Gudjohnson is a little too old for us, I'd say. Also, we don't need a new striker at the moment. We need some midfielders and defenders.

The only place we don't need to strengthen are up front, unless Rocky goes.

Revelian

9. dring1

dring1 New Member

Jul 4, 2003
    radcliffe, manch uk
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    i have been told that sam wont let roque go unless we get janko. he is a goal machine but weather he can do it in the premier league is another matter but might be a good signing.

10. Revelian

Revelian Member

Jul 7, 2003
    Midgar
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Whereas Rocky is a proven goalscorer in the league.

You know what'll happen with Janko after a season or two - he'll ask for a transfer to another "bigger" club. At the moment, we need to stick with a player we know scores goals.

Revelian

11. BlackburnRover

BlackburnRover New Member

Sep 10, 2007
    M6
    Looks like Diouf could be signing any time now, to fill the hole on the right.

He'll be one of those Savege types, hate him until he plays for you.

12. Revelian

Revelian Member

Jul 7, 2003
    Midgar
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    We've rejected an increased bid from Citeh.

Well in Big Sam. :)

Revelian

13. dring1

dring1 New Member

Jul 4, 2003
    radcliffe, manch uk
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    dont get 2 excited about another bid being rejected. he is waiting till it goes over £20 million and then accept which will be monday no doubt. peter crouch could be a record buy replacement.

14. Revelian

Revelian Member

Jul 7, 2003
    Midgar
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Adams would be a fool to get rid of Crouchy.

Big Sam would be a fool to sell Rocky to Moneybags City for any less than 25 million. We can make a killing selling him to those guys. Their owner has a warped idea of the value of money.

Revelian

15. dring1

dring1 New Member

Jul 4, 2003
    radcliffe, manch uk
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    well the transfer deadline has passed and looks like roque is staying for now. i am pleased that he is and if he starts to show what he is capable of i will be even more happy. the only down side is that it looked like rovers were holding out for £25 million but it could back fire in the summer were he can go for £20 million.

16. Alan_V

Alan_V Member

Apr 22, 2003
    Anaheim, CA via NJ
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah but you could have the additional 5 mil now and not have the striker or even the time to find a replacement. Certain things have value beyond money. Now we stay up, and can sell him in summer, with the luxury of time to do it right.

17. dring1

dring1 New Member

Jul 4, 2003
    radcliffe, manch uk
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

well thats the way i look at it. if citeh had come up with the offer of £25 million in the first couple of days into the window i would have snatched there hands of. sky sports news were reporting that they made that offer with 30 minutes to go if true. no time to find a replacement at all. so at this time quite happy. only thing is brett is out for the season and the injury has just come at the wrong time. we arnt certain to stay up but more confident of doing so under sam.

18. Revelian

Revelian Member

Jul 7, 2003
    Midgar
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I agree. Stick with the guy you know will get you goals. Staying up is our priority, in what has to be the most competitive Premiership season ever.

Brett being out just as Diouf comes in is half-decent timing. Diouf can play on the wing.

Revelian