Big Props to LARS & Galaxians

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by 100fuegos, Apr 16, 2006.

1. galaxycrazy

galaxycrazy New Member

Jan 27, 2002
    The swearing is not a problem happens everywhere, but yeah some dislike the drum, and there are other small issues that come up from time to time. The groups are unique in their own ways.

More of a money and logistics issue I think for the groups being so far apart..

2. Bailamos

Bailamos New Member

Jul 26, 2005
    may both groups live long and prosper.

and may chivas never beat the G's.

all hail Ganesh!

[​IMG]

3. Crop Circles Maria

Aug 1, 2005
    Valencia, California
    Club:
    Universitario de Deportes
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    What I believe to be a difference between the Galaxians and the LARS is the languages in which we chant.
    The LARS chant exclusively in English, we have chants in both English and Spanish.
    Why do we chant in Spanish despite the fact that we are in an English speaking country and support an American team? we have a couple of reasons.
    We have had Spanish speaking players (Cienfuegos, Ruiz, Moreno, etc.) and we want them to understand the chants and feel supported. We want to make them feel at home.
    Also, many of us are immigrants and the reason why we go to the stadium is because we used to go to the stadium back in the old country and wish to recreate the atmosphere we enjoyed so much. A bit of nostalgia if you may. People from other countries bring their food, customs, holidays, etc. I guess we also brought our ways to experience soccer.
    Our non-Spanish speaking Galaxians have actually learned some of the chants, and they love them.
    In my opinion, its all good. Your stadium going experience is what you make of it, its whatever allows you to have fun. In my opinion, there is no wrong way to show support for the team that you love.
    Sandro
    ps Not to mention the fact that the stuff we chant irritates Chivas fans and fans of Spanish speaking teams we've played (Cruz Azul, Necaxa, Saprissa, etc.)...