big news out of NJ tomorrow

Discussion in 'NJ/NY Sky Blue' started by soccerreigns, Jul 29, 2009.

1. Mille_RULZ

Mille_RULZ New Member

Dec 1, 2006
    New JACK City, NY

Thanks luv for making the point I didn't have time to make.

2. Mille_RULZ

Mille_RULZ New Member

Dec 1, 2006
    New JACK City, NY
    Maybe that PR director know the management is a bunch of paranoid control freaks. Maybe s/he wants to keep the paycheck in this economy..and he's not going to take them to task.

It might be better for the PR director's mental health if s/he was dismissed.

3. pasoccerdad

pasoccerdad Member

Mar 17, 2008
    KOP
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A post by soccerreigns is missing, she stated that they player only gave 2 days notice to the team for the Wedding... I find it odd that someone deleted the post

4. Mille_RULZ

Mille_RULZ New Member

Dec 1, 2006
    New JACK City, NY
    Let's take a look at the article previously cited

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/columns/story?id=665089&sec=wps&root=wps&cc=5901

Well, that's pretty murky. If Kelley Lindsey had been hired as a Head Coach, she would have wanted to pick her own staff. Even as an Interim Coach, she might EXPECT to have a say in what happens to her "staff", even if she didn't select them. It's a clear sign that Blue Sky mgmt. didn't respect her to bring her into process. Even if what Dorini did was grounds for termination for cause, the professional thing to do would have been to meet with Coach Lindsey and say, "Kelly, there is a situation with X and ...". At the end of laying it all out, the GM should ask for the Coach's opinion. If the coach agree with management...then they should discuss how to handle the actual firing.

IF Coach Linsdsey didn't agree with the GM's assessment, the GM has the right to say, "well, I appreciate your opinion, but it's better for the club if X is let go". Then, the GM will have to handle the firing, and not stooge the coach to perform it. But..that's a professional approach.

The only reason NOT to involve the Coach in the discussion...would be if the coach was directly involved in the situation.

But just for the sake of conversation...let's say that above quote is true.

Well, that much is obvious. She knew what was happening to Dorini.

Oh BOO HOO for Marrone!!! :p Poor Baby!

Despite all that had happen prior to this, Kelley Lindsey might have wanted to be the full time coach for next season. In that regard, she expected to be treated like a head coach and not a caretaker. As I outlined in the first section..what he did was not to treat her like her like a professional.

Perhaps the attitude from the GM was this:

"You take care of the GIRLS... I'll take care of the STAFF and operations"

Even if that was not the attitude... she reasoned that the GM was doing some of the Coach's job. So, when she found out that Dorini was going to be fired, she decided that she was not going to give the GM the satisfaction of being a stooge while the GM was putting his fingers in all the pies.

So she decides that she is going to resign. Good for her. Why does she have to talk to this fool anymore? He doesn't respect her, I'm glad she decided not to talk to this maroon.

5. moog

moog Member

Mar 2, 2003
    eastern PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Independence
    Um, no, right now they're in third place. They may not have a lot of stars, but the players all know their roles and work well together. They don't score a lot of goals, but then, they defend well enough that they don't need a lot of goals to win. They certainly dominated Gold Pride tonight. Team turmoil seems to make them more determined to succeed.

6. Stepup

Stepup New Member

Aug 21, 2008
    Club:
    Sky Blue FC
    I stated in serveral long ago posts that SB has no superstars (although Kai may tell you she is) LOL. To say they have the least talented lineup may be a poor choice of words. I would think any number of teams would like to have Dowling, White, Parker etc. I am not even counting the WNT players or foreign players. Both goalkeepers are good enough that I have not heard the problems other teams have had in filling that spot or worrying about a backup keeper. SB has an excellent defense and is a fast team. Sometimes their finishing could be better. I do agree the owner is pathetic.

7. soccerreigns

soccerreigns New Member

Jul 22, 2009
    yes their scoring has been lacking but looking at the leagues stats sky has 18 goals which is tied I beleive for third in the league so not as bad as I had thought.

8. Bonnie Lass

Bonnie Lass Moderator
    Staff Member

Lyon
    Norway
    Oct 20, 2000
    Up top
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Maybe they had second thoughts?

We didn't touch it.

9. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    I still say they sound like paranoid control freaks and it gets worse every time they open their mouths. Lindsey, IMO is doing the right thing by taking the high road.

10. CoachJon

CoachJon Member+

Feb 1, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    On behalf of all defenders, I take exception to that statement (in a friendly way) - Christie Rampone IS a superstar. She was MVP of the Olympics and should have been at the top of the FIFA player of the year rankings. She is probably the best defender in the world. But the ladies that score goals are the chosen ones............

..... I do tend to agree with everything else you said:)

11. geewizzz

geewizzz Member

Sep 4, 2008
    well for me Rampone is the best defender in the world imo and having stars doesn't guarantee anything...Chicago Red Stars anyone!.

It's how they team play and that every player knows and does their job, i think they have done quite well.Could do better obviously. Kai needs to take her chances to be up there with the best. If they do get into the playoffs then they deserve to.

12. Stepup

Stepup New Member

Aug 21, 2008
    Club:
    Sky Blue FC
    Forgive me if you thought I was in anyway disregarding Rampone's talent or accomplishments. I have no doubt that without Rampone and Solo the US WNT would have won the Olympics. If you look at my posts that far back it will confirm this. I am from N.J. and have folowed Christie since she joined the National Team. She is the only player to come from a small college ( Monmouth) and excel at this level. I merely left her out of super star status because defenders rarely get the nod. I did include the SB defense as being very good. Christie is not getting any younger so its good to know her future replacement is playing along side her. I look to see Dowling on the WNT soon.

13. geewizzz

geewizzz Member

Sep 4, 2008
  14. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    I see Hanks didn't play at all. Why?

15. soccerbs

soccerbs Red Card

Jun 14, 2006
    Everyone was so happy about Rampone and her personal trainer..Hmmm out coached in a big way!

16. CoachJon

CoachJon Member+

Feb 1, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I didn't think you were disregarding Rampone - I was just sticking up for defenders within this forum for the very reason they rarely get the nod. Defense won the gold medal, and many people just don't give defense the credit it deserves.

As a WPS fan, I enjoy aspects of every team and have not been able to select My Team, but I am definitely going to root for LA today, so Sky Blue can make the playoffs.

17. cobi13

cobi13 Member

Aug 16, 2004
    NY
    GREAT QUESTION. No idea. Sky Blue got dominated the whole first half, more or less outplayed in the second (though it was better) and the subs were McCallum for Parker (I won't argue that) but then Buczkowski for Schnur. What? You are LOSING. Make some offensive moves.