Big East/Ncaas

Discussion in 'College & Amateur Soccer' started by NJGUY, Oct 29, 2003.

1. NJGUY

NJGUY New Member

Sep 23, 2002
    Only SJU,ND,Rutgers,VT and The Hall have clinched Big East spots.UConn is 7-7-3 and will end up just over or just under 500 and could miss the Big East Tourney and maybe the NCAAS.

2. lastword

lastword New Member

Sep 20, 2003
    College Park, MD
    Big East

NJguy; sorry, this is off topic, but I was wondering if u know if the UCLA game is still on for friday. I assume Rutgers would have left today for LA?

3. FAN0011

FAN0011 New Member

Jan 9, 2003
    Region1
    BIG EAST - who makes NCAA's?

Looking to the match ups in the Big East - who should make the NCAA's?

#1 St. John's vs. #8 Villanova - St. John's for sure

#2 VT vs. #7 Providence - VT for sure

#3 Notre Dame vs. #6 UCONN - Notre Dame is a sure thing, UCONN is on the bubble.

#4 Rutgers vs. #5 Seton Hall - both bubble teams, a win would help either team's chances

BC's season is virtually over. No chance this year.

4. IMOX77

IMOX77 New Member

Jun 15, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    Re: BIG EAST - who makes NCAA's?

Where and when is this game being played? I'm not college soccer buff, but i would like to check out Chris Wingert. I've been reading for a while that he is one of the best players in the ncaa. He also seems to play a position that my METRO's could use some fresh new talented blood at!

5. Redstorm

Redstorm New Member

Apr 7, 2003
    New Jersey
    sju-nova

IMOX-The game is scheduled for Saturday @ 5 pm at St Johns University's Belson Stadium on Campus...I've been to many SJU home games this year and the Red Storm should be able to take Villanova in the 1st round. And Wingert is an exceptional player as are many of his teammates. It will be interesting to see how far SJU can go this year. I believe the final four is a definite possibilty. We shall see...

6. IMOX77

IMOX77 New Member

Jun 15, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    Thanks for the info Redtsorm. Who are the other players i should keep an eye on??

7. Redstorm

Redstorm New Member

Apr 7, 2003
    New Jersey
    PLAYERS TO WATCH!!

Up front you have Corcoran, Groenwald, and Salinno(leading goalscorer), also watch the freshman Kozicki coming off the bench....In the midfield watch Damiani and Carroll..and in the back you have Wingert, the freshman Spanos, and in the goal usually Gaudette...But Hertz plays often also...Masur likes to rotate his keepers...This is the core of the team, they should do well in the tourney...

8. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
    Regarding Wingert, he will likely be unavailable for the Big East semis and final if St. John's advances as he is expected to be summoned to the U23 team for their qualifer in St. Kitts on Nov. 15.

Regarding Rutgers-Seton Hall, the loser of that game's season is over.

9. Redstorm

Redstorm New Member

Apr 7, 2003
    New Jersey
    Wingert?

Sandon, what about the NCAA tourney? will he be available for all games? thanks

10. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
    He should be. The 23s to qualifers are the 15th and 19th and the NCAAs don't start till the 22nd-23rd.

11. Redstorm

Redstorm New Member

Apr 7, 2003
    New Jersey
    thanks much...for all your informative postings!!!

12. FAN0011

FAN0011 New Member

Jan 9, 2003
    Region1
    I wouldn't count either team out. Strength of scheduling holds weight with the powers that be. Look at UCONN, nationally ranked despite a 8-7-3 record.