Big clubs intransigent in selling players to Chelsea? Problem for the future?

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Kontra, Jul 4, 2005.

1. matthewfoo

matthewfoo Member

Nov 12, 2004
    Singapore
    thats why we got crespo back

2. Kontra

Kontra New Member

May 27, 2004
    Porto
    Yea.. i guess your opinion or the journalists opinion is much more important than the ACTUAL national team leaders and captains of every national team in the planet.
    By the way, almost all of the coaches in Africa, Arabian countries, Africa and Asia are European, and very well paid for that.

Give up, you're the one making silly arguments.
    First no player in real madrid won a award being real player. I proved you are wrong.
    Second you say the award doesnt mean ******** because the voters are ignorant. I proved you wrong again.
    Third, will you admit you're the one being silly?

3. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    The FIFA award is pretty worthless. Several years ago the Russian coach placed Carlos Alberto second in the voting.

4. Rewinder

Rewinder Member+

Jun 24, 2004
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Its not so much the clubs not willing to sell, as it is the players not wanting to leave.

Chelsea will have an easier time as each season goes by, if they remain as successful as they were this season. Most people dont want to say that they are still waiting to see if chelsea are here to stay, or is this just a temporary flutter that ends if JM leaves/abramoviches wallet closes. It may not be the primary thought in everyones mind, but every footballer and foootball fan is still waiting to see how this turns out. Maybe its just me, but i dont see JM at chelsea in 3years time, but if it turns out he is going to stay and join the ranks of ferguson and wenger, then you will see players at milan, barca etc. eager to join chelsea, forcing their clubs to sell them. Im not saying its going to take 3 years for them to sign world class players, if they have an excellent season again this year, i wouldnt be surprised if next year you see adrianos, and shevas etc prepared to leave for chelsea.

On another note, owen just became availible again :p just disproving my entire theory.

5. The Rage

The Rage New Member

Feb 19, 2004
    Edmonton
    The opinions of the European coaches are much more important. That's why I said look at the European footballer of the year. Genius.

I never said that. I said that their big players had their best years elsewhere. I said that they have gone trophyless the last two seasons despite their big names. That is my main argument. You responed by mentioning trophies they won elsehere, and NOT during the last two years. You completely ignore my main point and spout random crap and then act pompous about it.

I admit I have rarely encountered someone with your rare mixture of stupidity and arrogance.

6. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Not true. Its only players at big clubs who're reticent. You don't hear too many "I turned down Chelsea to stay at Puddlesmere Utd, AS Spaghetti or Real Rioja", do you?

7. Kontra

Kontra New Member

May 27, 2004
    Porto
    No, you're the genious, that doesnt read, or simply doesnt know it:

8. The Rage

The Rage New Member

Feb 19, 2004
    Edmonton
    European coaches, as in coaches of European nations, not just people who happen to be European and who are such poor managers that they can't get get work for the pooerest professional leagues and thus go to Africa. DO YOU UNDERSTAND NOW? It's implied when I talk about the European Footballer of the year that I'm talking about the people that vote for THAT trophy and not some random freaken Europeans.

9. Kontra

Kontra New Member

May 27, 2004
    Porto
    EVERY national team coach of a FIFA FEDERATED national team has 1 VOTE, and every captain too!
    Simple math:
    Many teams in world + Many european coaches in teams in africa, asia, arabia = MANY VOTES FROM EUROPEAN COACHES!

And btw, are you even comparing a vote from a national team coach to a vote from a JOURNALIST?? If they knew more they'd also be "random freaken european coaches" too!! lol!!

10. Walter3000

Walter3000 Member+

Apr 8, 2004
    gainesville, Florida
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Journalists in Europe are paid to watch as much football as possible and report on it, National team coaches spend their time scouting their own players, and getting their national teams ready. I dont think the national team coach for Teinidad and Tobago or for Singapore watch enough European football to be voting on who played the best that season.

11. The Rage

The Rage New Member

Feb 19, 2004
    Edmonton
    It depends on which job pays more, doesn't it? I'm sure can you make alot more money writing for L'Equipe than coaching the Papa New Guinea team. There are 200 soccer nations in the world. Atleast 100 of them probably pay their coaches peanuts (and thus have completely crap coaches). That half has just as much say as everyone else.

12. Kontra

Kontra New Member

May 27, 2004
    Porto
    If you want i can make also make a list of the "GOLDEN BALL" real madrid player's awards, and then i'll rest my case.

Thinking again.. nah.. im not bothering. Check it for yourself.

13. Miles Brasher

Miles Brasher Member

Sep 6, 2004
    Coventry,England
    Ahh, but that's only because you haven't put in a bid for their top striker yet ;)

14. The Rage

The Rage New Member

Feb 19, 2004
    Edmonton
    Yes, I should make your argument for you. When all else fails, you might as well try that.

15. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Not our fault you've already poached all their young players with promises of lollipops.