Big announcement tomorrow about a new Whitecaps training centre at UBC

Discussion in 'Vancouver Whitecaps' started by carnifex2005, Sep 6, 2012.

1. carnifex2005

carnifex2005 Member+

Jul 1, 2008
    Club:
    Vancouver Whitecaps
    I just saw the news on SportNet. Great location. I'm guessing this is Furlong's influence. If so, what a great hire. Here's a bit more on the story.

sportie1 repped this.
  2. sportie1

sportie1 Member

Sep 4, 2008
    great news for the caps and canadian soccer programs-- the ownership and FO are really laying a foundation to make the caps a world-recognized organization within 5-10 years

3. dehun

dehun Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Vancouver
    Club:
    Vancouver Whitecaps
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Looks like Herdman will definitely base the women's program out of the new center. Hopefully the U-20 men's team can be drawn there too, and maybe over time as those players graduate to the senior Canadian men's team, they'll be drawn out of Toronto. Clearly being based there for TO's hotels and restaurants (favoured by the players, according to the CSA) hasn't worked out that well, judging by their latest effort in Panama.

4. TheGoldSheik

TheGoldSheik New Member

Jul 14, 2012
    They were working on this location before Furlong came on board. But, I would assume he had some nice influence on the politics of it all. Furlong is more of a figurehead than anything. But, don't give him too much credit. This is a Duze and Lewis thing more than anything.