Biden is President - filling out the cabinet and beyond

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by soccernutter, Nov 7, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Yoshou

Yoshou Fan of the CCL Champ

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No. She doesn't. She has every right to be critical of the Blinken and, based on her experience, be concerned that her 1st Amendment right will be impinged upon by people like Blinken. As a person who has, in the past, taken a position contradictory to the Obama administration and expressed ironclad support for Israel, he should address whether he'll accept comments that are critical of Israel.

2. charlie15

charlie15 Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    Bethesda, Md
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Again, you are interpreting through your rose colored glasses her tweet and despite your best efforts, it will be taken at face value. Not to mention, what you are saying does not make much sense. How were here 1st A being impinged upon and how will Blinken impinge on them in the future? The silliness of this can't be overstated. Anyway, valiant effort man. Perhaps, you should apply to be her spokeperson. Peace out.

3. charlie15

charlie15 Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    Bethesda, Md
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Man, you keep repeating the same thing but that does not make it true. Being critical of Blinken is equivalent to him suppressing her 1st A rights? Do you really realize how stupid and insane this sound?

That is the same woman who booed HRC on stage a few months ago during the primaries to a point that Bernie had to remove her from his surrogate list. She has no filters.

4. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Geez, I guess it's a good thing I'm not on twitter, or I would be in this argument as well.

xtomx, rslfanboy and Dr. Wankler repped this.
  5. Yoshou

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Democratically controlled House literally passed a bill denouncing anti-Semiticism and she had multiple members of the Democratic leadership demand her apology as a direct response previous comments she made that were critical of Israel. That is 100% an impingement upon her 1st Amendment rights. So, yes. She should be concerned that it would happen again.

I know... It's extremely silly that I have to explain to someone who is allegedly clued into politics why a Muslim American should be concerned that after previously having her 1st Amendment right impinged upon would continue to be concerned about it.

6. charlie15

charlie15 Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    Bethesda, Md
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I guess the irony of your statement really flied over your head , a muslim American, who happens to be a congressperson is concerned that her 1st A rights are impinged upon. Irony is dead. Anyway, I give up man. You " won". I am totally convinced.

7. Yoshou

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My only question is how you can possibly say a Muslim American, who happens to be a congressperson, did not have their 1st Amendment right impinged upon when the US Congress passed a bill denouncing Antisemitism as a direct response to her perfectly valid criticism of Israel? It just boggles my mind how you could come to the conclusion they weren't.

8. Yoshou

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And I'm an idiot because it was actually Rep. Omar that made the comments that triggered the resolution from the House and not Tlaib. But regardless, it is entirely understandable why Tlaib would be concerned about it happening to her as well.

9. charlie15

charlie15 Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    Bethesda, Md
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I rest my case.................

bigredfutbol repped this.
  10. Yoshou

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Unless you are admitting defeat and retracting the last few pages of comments, no, you don't. You are still pushing the narrative that a Muslim American, who happens to be a congressperson, can't be concerned about her 1st Amendment rights impinged upon when a colleague and close friend, who also happens to be a Muslim American congressperson, had her 1st Amendment rights impinged upon.

11. bigredfutbol

bigredfutbol Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 5, 2000
    Woodbridge, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Indeed.
    Congressional resolutions:

1) are not an infringement of free speech; and
    2) do not come from the State Department

charlie15 repped this.
  12. bigredfutbol

bigredfutbol Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 5, 2000
    Woodbridge, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There are multiple factions to what could broadly be considered 'the left' in American politics.

charlie15 repped this.
  13. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    One thing I don't get about all The Squad criticism. Not many care that a Republican-lite, sorta Democrat like Manchin is representing his Whitelandian constituency. Even if it has meant him fondling Wrinkly Orange Balls at times. But somehow it's odd for these women to push for immigrant & economic rights plus worry about how their constituents are policed in their own neighborhoods. Talk about un-American.

luftmensch, superdave, Mike03 and 2 others repped this.
  14. charlie15

charlie15 Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    Bethesda, Md
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You just tripped over yourself peddling misleading and false information to try to rationalize an indefensible tweet..... You are really amusing....Keep twisting yourself into a pretzel again.

bigredfutbol repped this.
  15. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Let me be a bit more blunt. Since this is all about Talib, and also because no tweet was posted, take it to PMs or another thread.

16. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    That’s how I feel:

1331040603551895552 is not a valid tweet id

Now the challenge is to undo all the damage Trumpsters caused. It’s like Republican voters didn’t learn anything from Reagan and Bush’s legacies, so they’ll have to learn it from Trump’s.

[​IMG]

Deadtigers, xtomx and charlie15 repped this.
  17. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Even more than that. It is people with a lot of experience. And listening to the Politics Podcast, that really needs to be done. There needs to be somebody that Biden knows and trusts, who has lots of experience in the arena, and who has experience in some leadership position in Big Government. I think this is why Buttgieg was not named as UN Ambassador. I'm also wondering if that is why Susan Rice has not yet been named to anything.

Deadtigers, dapip and charlie15 repped this.
  18. bigredfutbol

bigredfutbol Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 5, 2000
    Woodbridge, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I did post a link to the tweet, that's why it's being discussed. And it concerns the Biden cabinet.

charlie15 repped this.
  19. bigredfutbol

bigredfutbol Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 5, 2000
    Woodbridge, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Probably. I suspect there have been some behind the scenes with Buttigieg, who really earned points for being such a strong campaign advocate. He's playing a long game.

Deadtigers repped this.
  20. Yoshou

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ehhh... Manchin gets a lot of criticism from the Left.. Is your concern that centrist Dems aren’t critical of him?

21. charlie15

charlie15 Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    Bethesda, Md
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I guess Biden is trying to avoid an early fight with the Senate.

dapip repped this.
  22. Yoshou

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I’m not peddling anything. I accidentally thought it was Tlaib that got sanctioned when it was Omar. I even corrected myself. The fact that it was Omar that caused the resolution to get passed doesn’t change the basic facts of the situation and why Tlaib would apply it to herself. A fellow female Muslim congressperson had her 1st Amendment rights impinged upon, primarily because of her gender and religion. It isn’t hard given that Tlaib is also a female Muslim to see why she would also feel her rights were also impinged upon.

But hey, you keep on defending Israel from valid criticisms just because the SoS is Jewish. That says a whole lot more about you than Tlaib.

23. charlie15

charlie15 Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    Bethesda, Md
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You tripped over yourself making up stories. The idea that Tlaib will get her 1st A rights trampled by a new SOS nominee is not only hyperbolic, but absurd and downright ignorant, specially coming from a member of congress. There is zero situation where Blinken would suppress her1A rights.

Beyond that, I was not expecting that level of dishonestly from you. I guess I was wrong. You are a downright liar. I want you to point out what I ever said to defend Israel from valid criticisms in that convo. I am waiting patiently.

24. bigredfutbol

bigredfutbol Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 5, 2000
    Woodbridge, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I reckon the Georgia runoffs are figuring into his calculations. He's going to do his best to help Warnock and Ossof.

25. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    Since the Left gets little media attention (what they get is mostly negative), it's not really amplified. If Manchin switched to Republican in the last 4 years nobody would've been shocked and only the Left would've given him shit about it.

Deadtigers and MatthausSammer repped this.