Biden-Harris vs. Fascism - 2020

Discussion in 'Elections' started by Knave, Aug 14, 2020.

1. Knave

Knave Member+

May 25, 1999
    #1 Knave, Aug 14, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2020
    I half-joked about starting this thread yesterday. But the reality is this USPS business is more than unnerving to me. It's withering.

Since Trump was elected we have seen plenty of evidence that the US was moving away from being governed by laws and institutions, and toward being governed by people, who were mostly just cronies and crooks. And, yet, until recently the mail was still delivered and fair elections still occurred.

The USPS has roots older than the United States. Mail delivery is one of the most fundamental functions of the American government. Another is holding fair elections. And today those two functions are intertwined in the basic structure of American government.

Today, we're watching the basic structure of American government coming undone, not because of neglect, not because of stupidity, but by the design of cronies and crooks. It is absolute confirmation that fascism has arrived. And that confirmation is withering.

The votes don't matter if they aren't counted. The institutions don't matter if they don't operate. All that matters are the cronies and crooks in charge. It has happened here.

This is no longer about electing Biden and Harris to stop our slide toward fascism. It's about electing Biden and Harris to reclaim our country from fascism.

2. SetPeace

SetPeace Member+

Jun 22, 2004
    SC Illinois
    Club:
    Torquay United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Absolutely correct, Knave!
    Outside the courthouse where I live, there's a drop box. President Jerkwad says ballots without post marks should not be counted. Oh, really? I think our County Clerk might have something to say about that, and she's a Republican. I might go into her office to get a clarification on that. Otherwise, I may just say 'screw the mail-in ballot' and go vote in person on the 3rd if my polling station is open--Illinois had trouble finding election judges for the primary election in March during the early days of COVID 19).

If this election is going to be rigged, you know it's going to be tilted toward Republicans, and if that's the case, I'd be all in for torching the Republican National Headquarters in DC or Virginia, or wherever it's located. It probably won't happen, but Trump could be in line for the 'Ceaucescu Treatment' if he's not careful. How much more crap will military leaders take from him? They've certainly been more patient with him than a lot of us here have been.

charlie15, chad and Knave repped this.
  3. crazypete13

crazypete13 Moderator
    Staff Member

May 7, 2007
    A walk from BMO
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Hail Grimes!

spejic, russ, chaski and 1 other person repped this.
  4. Knave

Knave Member+

May 25, 1999
    Make Fake Fascism Fun Again

Hail Grimes! :whistling:

spejic, russ, NORML and 3 others repped this.
  5. crazypete13

crazypete13 Moderator
    Staff Member

May 7, 2007
    A walk from BMO
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    #5 crazypete13, Aug 14, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2020
    I also like the Organic Babylon Construct much more than the Orange Blabbermouth Construct.

6. Knave

Knave Member+

May 25, 1999
    charlie15 repped this.
  7. KensingtonSC

KensingtonSC Still Lazy After All These Years

FC Vaduz / Philadelphia Union
    Jan 7, 2010
    Andalusia, PA
    Club:
    FC Vaduz
    Every RWNJ today

[​IMG]

Q*bert Jones III, sitruc and Dr. Wankler repped this.
  8. charlie15

charlie15 Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    Bethesda, Md
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This Post Office is going to backfire big time on Trump on his toadies.

9. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dyvel repped this.
  10. Dr. Wankler

Dr. Wankler Member+

May 2, 2001
    The Electric City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
  11. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In Spring 2006 I took a unique class called Political Sociology. The professor was a liberal woman. She accused the FDA of not approving a safe birth control drug because the FDA was against birth control. She gave an example of how pro-Democratic Source X was reliable and pro-Republican Source Y wasn't. I don't remember everything from back then, but her political views were obvious. The reason I'm bring her up is that in addition to non-fiction, we read The Postman by David Brin, which also has a movie. The novel is set in Oregon after a nuclear war destroyed communications. At the beginning, the protagonist finds a mail truck, delivers the letters on foot, and makes up a lie that there is a "restored United States" in D.C. trying to rebuild the country. He tries to convince people that. Early in the book, his notebook is stolen. Later he is caught by the Holnists, who are followers of Nathan Holn. They have his notebook, so he knows they know that he made up the restored United States. Mail delivery is used as a symbol that the country was functioning. It was an unhappy book, and I'm not recommending it, but it's appropriate to discuss here. Mail can travel thousands of miles, but I didn't have to travel to that class because I had consecutive classes in the same room.

12. Knave

Knave Member+

May 25, 1999

Chesco United, Bluto11 and Dr. Wankler repped this.
  13. Knave

Knave Member+

May 25, 1999
    Will Bunch gets it:

Trump’s coup-by-mail is underway. America can’t wait until November to fight back | Will Bunch

https://www.inquirer.com/opinion/co...0200816.html?scrolla=5eb6d68b7fedc32c19ef33b4

The Jitty Slitter repped this.
  14. Dr. Wankler

Dr. Wankler Member+

May 2, 2001
    The Electric City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    "The U.S. Construction"?

15. Knave

Knave Member+

May 25, 1999
    Yes, I copied and pasted an excerpt with a typo.

16. SetPeace

SetPeace Member+

Jun 22, 2004
    SC Illinois
    Club:
    Torquay United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    charlie15 repped this.
  17. Dr. Wankler

Dr. Wankler Member+

May 2, 2001
    The Electric City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    I'm still stunned when I see ********ups like that, esp. since that isn't from a fly-by-night source.

Says a lot about how newsrooms have changed in this century, that's for sure.

18. SetPeace

SetPeace Member+

Jun 22, 2004
    SC Illinois
    Club:
    Torquay United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No kidding! It bothers me to no end to see occasional typos crop up on bottom-of-the-screen crawls for news and sports stories or severe weather information. Proofreaders must be in short supply!

19. chaski

chaski Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 20, 2000
    redacted
    Club:
    Lisburn Distillery FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Turks and Caicos Islands
    It’s infrastructure week.

20. Boandlkramer

Boandlkramer Member+

Apr 9, 2009
    Samma Weltmeister!
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I don’t know if anyone has considered this yet. I was in Afghanistan for 2014 elections. DOS considers 3-5% differences in polling to actual votes an “irregularity”

It wouldn’t shock me if this is leveraged here in the US...we are in for a real [emoji90] show

21. Knave

Knave Member+

May 25, 1999
    Interesting idea:

sitruc repped this.
  22. charlie15

charlie15 Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    Bethesda, Md
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Most of the Republican Governors would definitely not join this.

23. Knave

Knave Member+

May 25, 1999
    Just need certain key states. Pennsylvania, North Carolina, Minnesota, Michigan, and Wisconsin all have Democratic governors.

chaski repped this.
  24. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    states not state's

25. KensingtonSC

KensingtonSC Still Lazy After All These Years

FC Vaduz / Philadelphia Union
    Jan 7, 2010
    Andalusia, PA
    Club:
    FC Vaduz
    Then they came for me, but I could not speak up because my letters and postcards to Congress got permanently stuck in Philadelphia.