Bidding on Tickets

Discussion in 'Euro 2012' started by Padzik, Feb 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rusrocket

rusrocket Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Club:
    Spartak Moskva
    Sure, sure. :)
    And how do we know that stadia will be filled to the rafters? Because Mr. Platini said so. :)

2. metros11

metros11 Member

Sep 11, 1999
    Highlands of NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Have you considered why all those tickets owners are reselling? Perhaps it has something to do with the fact that accommodations in Ukraine are so expensive majority decided not to go. I'll be surprised if the stadiums in Kharkiv and Donetsk are full.

3. pylyp

pylyp Member

Dec 12, 2011
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    They will be filled!

The tickets on the platform is owned by people. So if nobody buys them, then these people simple won't sell them, but they will still have them!

So the tickets on the platform are not nobodys... It's not like in the store, where UEFA is the store....So if nobody buys them, they are still in the store...... It's more like a platform for buying and selling used stuff.... So If they aren't bought they are still in the ownership of somebody!!!... And that person will attend the stadia or sell them on some other place....... So the stadiums are definitely going to be filled !!!

4. pylyp

pylyp Member

Dec 12, 2011
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Accommodations in Ukraine aren't more expensive than in other countries during similar conditions (events of this kind)!

And if you really want to have a nice vacation - you do make an investigation before your trip!!! You google as crazy! No matter if you are going to the world cup or Mallorca! You should do an investigation and search for nice alternatives.... If you are lazy and stupid and just go to hotels.com, of course you will not find the cheapest alternative...... But if you really want to have a great vacation, you make a fundamental research! And you will find nice alternatives.

It was not cheaper in Germany, I promise you!

I will give you two true reasons of why people aren't hyped of going to the games.

1) The media in participating countries have been litteraly shitting on Ukraine and Ukraine's image!!! All those stories about stray dogs, skinheads and stuff... Pure bullshit !..... Unfortunately, many people aren't smart enough to win over their stereotypes! So stereotypes wins over them.... Bad luck, since they lose a nice experience in a nice country.

2) The accommodation issue has really been blown up as hell in media.... It's massively exaggerated!!! So in many peoples mind it's not worth making a research, since they've heard that it's so crazy prices... So they don't bother even making this research..... If they did they would find nice prices

5. roosvelt1984

roosvelt1984 New Member

Mar 17, 2012
    New York City
    Club:
    KKS Lech Poznan
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    I think many Western European got scared by the security issues in Ukraine, or more generally they view the country as an unsafe place to hang out. It's a pity because even in Poland there's such perception...nevermind for me, I'm going for the games and beautiful Ukrainian ladies.

6. Marek Michal

Marek Michal New Member

Apr 11, 2012
    Club:
    KP Legia Warszawa
    I have:

POL-ROS cat 1 in Warsaw

QUATERFINAL cat 2 in Warsaw

IRE-CRO cat 1 in Poznan

DEN-Ger cat 2 in Lviv

Den-Por cat 3 in Lviv

7. delvan24

delvan24 New Member

Mar 1, 2007
    The ticket portal was supposed to close today.
    Is it postponed again?
    Has anyone heard or read anything about this?

8. www152

www152 New Member

Dec 5, 2011
    Following tickets for sell/swap:

4 x POL-RUS CAT 2
    4 x POL-CZE CAT 1
    2 x ITA-CRO CAT 1
    2 x QF Warszawa CAT 1
    4 x SPA-CRO CAT 3
    4 x RUS-GRE CAT 1
    2 x RUS-GRE CAT 2
    +
    ITA-IRE CAT 2
    IRE-CRO CAT 2

bartekwojcik@gazeta.pl

9. RichardL

RichardL BigSoccer Supporter

May 2, 2001
    Berkshire
    Club:
    Reading FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    There's truth in that, but if you are somewhere like Germany you have far more options. I spent a week in Frankfurt for 2006, and while central Frankfurt prices were sky high, you could easily stay a few miles out of the city centre fairly cheaply as there were loads of other towns nearby, with good transport links.

That isn't really an option in the Ukraine on the whole. There are very few hotels, and very few options outside the cities.

I looked for Donetsk hotels, for example, and the nearest available hotels were around 150 miles away

You won't. There are lots of people offering apartments for private rental, but people just don't know how trustworthy they are. The apartments through proper booking sites aren't exactly cheap either.

I was in Germany for two weeks, staying in four cities. I don't think I paid more than £45 a night for any room. All were proper hotel rooms, and I could get to the city centre in at most 15 minutes from each.

I've not seen any stories like that. People are put off by the cost and the inability to plan.

Ukraine, for example, has been hailing it's great new high-speed passenger trains, yet has still not yet been able to put up a single piece of information about timetables or how to book. The great planning means this vital information won't be available until after the ticket sales window closes.

Internal flights are really expensive, and the existing trains are really slow. People do not want to buy tickets without being confident they can actually get to the games.

Me? I took a gamble. I had tickets for England games on the 11th and 15th (pure luck - I applied for B3 v B4 and B2 v B4) and saw Denmark v Portugal in Lviv on the 13th was available for 30 euro (+ an extortionate 20 euro "handling fee")

I saw a flight with Dnieproavia which would have been ideal for getting me to the game and back to Kiev for £128. Unfortunately the site didn't work properly, and that flight wasn't available after all.

I tried booking rail tickets of the official rail site for Ukraine, which offers e-tickets (rather than the ticket sites which try to sting you for a $50 courier charge) but found that site didn't work either.

Today I opted for a really expensive return flight (£170) because I just don't know what my travel options would be, and I can't wait indefinitely for Ukraine Railways to publish a timetable for their fast trains. An overnight train go to Lviv wasn't an option for me for logistical reasons, although one coming back would have been OK.

I couldn't book one coming back without knowing if I could get one going to Lviv on the morning of the 13th, but I also knew if I waited than all the trains going back to Kiev overnight might get booked up.

On top of that you have a ticket portal that announces that tickets will only be available for a few more days, then doesn't actually work, meaning people who would have bought tickets couldn't even do so.

That's incorrect.

The stories about high prices didn't break until it was realised how few fans were going. Up until a couple of months ago you could still hear oblivious opinions in the England press about England taking 100,000 fans over.

People aren't coming because it far too expensive to stay (nowhere else in the world would they charge £50 at a camp site), too difficult to find anywhere suitable to stay, too awkward to arrange travel around the country, and with too much uncertainty about arrangements.

I actually feel a bit sorry for the Ukraine, but they should never have allowed cities to sell tickets overseas for more fans than they have the ability to cope with.

10. Marek Michal

Marek Michal New Member

Apr 11, 2012
    Club:
    KP Legia Warszawa
    I sell:

POL-ROS cat 1 in Warsaw

QUATERFINAL cat 2 in Warsaw

IRE-CRO cat 1 in Poznan

DEN-Ger cat 2 in Lviv

Den-Por cat 3 in Lviv

11. pylyp

pylyp Member

Dec 12, 2011
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Ukraine is no different in that matter. If you prefer to stay outside the city center there are plenty of alternatives. Actually, all alternatives I see are outside the city center.... You could easilly find something for 50 $ or less.

100 $ for a double-room at hotel Slavutich, just 2 km from the center.

If you make a good research you will easilly find the information at the official Ukrainian Railways about how to purchase tickets. You will see that it is really easy to buy e-tickes online. If you read the FAQ you will see that tickets are avaliable 45 days prior the departure. The new train schedule will be avaliable in the end of April.... All of this is avaliable on the official railways website.

Then you have like 10 different bus companies out there.......

So there are a lot of opportunities... If you try, you'll find solutions.

12. usaforthecup

usaforthecup Member

Apr 17, 2009
    Well put Richard L with your comments. PYLYP can you book for the night of June 11 for two rooms 4 people hotel Slavutich. If you can arrange I will gladly pay you a commission. The 45 day advance for trains makes it difficult to plan ahead. At least admit that. Oh and can you show me the online info with buses that are available from one city to another after the games which end around 11pm. Thanks for your help.

13. popularside

popularside Member+

Dec 14, 2009
    dublin
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    I paid 50 euros per night for a single room in Frankfurt a short walk from the main railway station during the 2006 World Cup. A twin was 80 euros again during the tournament.

A single room in Vienna cost me 40 euros per night during Euro2008 on the tram albeit on the outskirts of Vienna.

South Africa blamed the media too for their bad press over the price gouging.

The only way the stadiums will be full in Ukraine is if they bus in local school children for free like most South African venues or just open the gatea and let people in for free like Rustenburg.

14. RichardL

May 2, 2001
    Berkshire
    Club:
    Reading FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Kiev is actually not so bad, but Donetsk? A complete nightmare.

What Most German cities had was plenty of other town and cities nearby.

And for whch dates would that price be available? Dates when there's actually a game on in Kiev? err...no.

You can indeed fine the information. The site just doesn't work in English as it doesn't recognise the city Lviv/Lvov/L'viv/L'vov/LBOB.

And what use it that to people trying to plan months in advance, with no idea how rapidly the tickets could sell out, with no idea if they could even still ride the trains if they got fully booked?

See above....pretty useless for people trying to plan ahead, who need to have purchased tickets by the start of April.

500 mile journeys by bus? No thanks.

Unfortunately Ukraine just isn't geared for modern tourism. It's more like how things were 10 years ago in other countries, where expecting people to really dig deep to find any useful information was considered adequate.

There's a reason why most criticism is being levelled at Ukraine rather than Poland after all. They had a 20 year headstart in catering for tourists to their cities.

15. usaforthecup

usaforthecup Member

Apr 17, 2009
    Actually I thought PYLYP meant the hotel was in Donetsk - not Kiev. I'm sorted for Kiev. Ricahrd L - looks like you have the same schedule except you are going to the Por/Den game inbetween France/England England/Sweden and I am going to the Germany/Holland game instead. I still don't know how I am going to figure out the night of June 11th after the France/England game. If you have it sorted let me know how.

16. RichardL

May 2, 2001
    Berkshire
    Club:
    Reading FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I can't be of much help, sadly, as I booked up a long time ago, before the draw was made.

Even then I just went through various apartment booking places until I found somewhere at a decent price. It's only at a decent price as the apartment owner speaks no English, although the agency have said they are happy to help out there if need be. Actually checking again, the price is terrible, but just not as terrible as other places.

I went through dobovo.com

I had booked with another apartment, only for that owner to cancel my booking and put the price up.

As I am catching an early flight on the morning of the 12th, I had just thought of staying overnight in the airport before finding the room.

I had actually planned to go to the Germany v Holland game too, but the ticket site didn't work over easter for several days, and by the time I could actually buy a ticket, that game had gone.

17. usaforthecup

usaforthecup Member

Apr 17, 2009
    Thanks for the website. It looks good. Hopefully it will be reliable. I have sent a request to book and we'll see what happens. There are 4 of us so the prices are manageable.

18. LucozadeWarrior

Feb 2, 2010
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Hi, I have 4 tickets cat 3 for the QF in Kiev. Due to visa issues will not be able to travel to Ukraine so am looking for a swap with:

1) Greece vs Russia, Warsaw (16th)
    2) Cze vs Pol, Wroclaw (16th)
    3) QF in Warsaw
    4) QF in Gdansk

I can also sell the ticket at face value + UEFA admin charge (basically what i paid for)

I also have booked an apartment in Kiev (close to Golden Gate, fairly central as i understand) for $200/night from 23rd June to 25th June (2 nights). Would be happy to get you in touch with the owner for a reservation swap.

19. henriology

henriology Member

Dec 4, 2011
    Club:
    Shanghai Shenhua
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    If you were to sell, would you sell in pairs?

20. rusrocket

rusrocket Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Club:
    Spartak Moskva
    Visa issues to Ukraine (with tickets and apartment reservation), but no visa issues to Poland. Really?! No offense, but this does sound like a load of horseshit..........

Also the MARKET value of cat 3 Kiev QF is way below the market value of tickets sought by you. Only a fool would trade away either of the 4 for Kiev QF.

21. LucozadeWarrior

Feb 2, 2010
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Unfortunately the visa issues are part and parcel of having an Indian passport. The Ukrainian Embassy in Delhi doesnt care about tickets/reservations but needs an invitation from a Ukrainian Tourist Company that has an agreement with an Indian tourist company to take liability for any deportation costs in the case of an overstay. Could not find any such tourist company on the internet as unlike Russia which has these rules for all nationality, Ukraine has these rules only for certain nationalities. The apartment where i have booked is not wanting to issue any letter at all for the embassy so all i have is the hostelbookers reservation.

So long story short being a neutral supporter who enjoys the atmosphere in host cities during these tournaments (have attended Germany 2006, Austria - Swiss 2008 and SA 2010) decided to holiday in Iceland (instead of Ukraine-Russia) and spend 2-3 days in Warsaw on the way back as a Schengen visa is not a problem at all.

While what you say about the market value of tickets is true for games in Poland vs Ukraine, for any fan travelling across Poland and Ukraine for the championships i would guess that the QF in Kiev would potentially be a better game (Ita vs Fra or Eng?) than Russia vs Greece. Am hoping to get in touch with such a fan (or fool as you put it) on this forum.

22. roosvelt1984

roosvelt1984 New Member

Mar 17, 2012
    New York City
    Club:
    KKS Lech Poznan
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    Don't worry dude, Poland is much more fun than Ukraine. Give me a buzz if you're in Poznan.

23. usaforthecup

usaforthecup Member

Apr 17, 2009
    Update on this. Nothing available. It just looks like it is but when you inquire it tells you via email that it isn't. I'm sue the owners wants a longer let than one night. But for $500 for 4 people you would think someone would do it especially after all the prior posts about how little money a lot of people make.

24. oleg87

oleg87 New Member

Apr 19, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Hi Guys,

I would like to sell 2 tickets 2nd category to final match in Kyiv and 2 tickets 1st category to QF in Kyiv. If you are interested please write me lepitulka@ukr.net

Also I've read above posts about that no easy and expensive get to Ukraine, problems with accommodation...In fact I was surprised a bit...so if I can help or need some advices I'll help with pleasure for free :)
    I live in Kyiv.

25. medo010

medo010 New Member

Apr 18, 2012
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Following tickets for sell:

4 x ITA-CRO CAT 1
    4 x SPA-CRO CAT 1